20 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

If you're getting the biggest sets you'll basically get all of the different bad guys anyway. Maybe the Oni Titan? Three bad guys (counting the golem) that won't be repeats from your other planned purchases, sounds good? :classic:

sounds good to me :) 

13 hours ago, Exetrius said:

licencing worked with the original LEGO movie

TLG Own the rights, it was licensed to Warner Bros to make the film. 

The look in the new film matches well with the look of the Ninjago sets. I hope there is at least a cameo for some characters.

On 10.06.2018 at 9:37 PM, ninjagoyax555 said:

I cant order it from there 

I haven't found any other retailers selling this set... maybe you just have to order from shop@home?

On 6/10/2018 at 3:37 PM, ninjagoyax555 said:

I cant order it from there 

Me either, says currently unavailable. 

21 hours ago, Quinton1721 said:

Well, Rufus MacAllister is back, voiced by Paul Dobson. Mother Doomsday of Doomsday Comix.

To the TV show thread

He's wearing his Galidor shirt in the TV show too. I can die happy.

3 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

sorry if it too early to ask but when will we hear about ninjago 2019 sets ?

We usually start getting leaks around November. 

4 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

sorry if it too early to ask but when will we hear about ninjago 2019 sets ?

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

We usually start getting leaks around November. 

We actually start getting word on the following year's product around mid-July/August. No pics (usually) until November.

18 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

We actually start getting word on the following year's product around mid-July/August. No pics (usually) until November.

We don't even know if there is a Season 10, but there will be some sort of thing in 2019, possibly a DOTD-like special.

Tommy Andreasen's said Ninjago has "a bright future", so there could be more beyond whatever comes in 2019. Imo I'd give it at least 2 more years, which could potentially be four waves. But as for the TV show, I wonder with the apparent budget increase that at some point they'd decide (if the decision hasn't already been made considering whatever comes next has already started production at this point) that it'd make more sense to just make 44 minute specials.

6 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Tommy Andreasen's said Ninjago has "a bright future", so there could be more beyond whatever comes in 2019. Imo I'd give it at least 2 more years, which could potentially be four waves. But as for the TV show, I wonder with the apparent budget increase that at some point they'd decide (if the decision hasn't already been made considering whatever comes next has already started production at this point) that it'd make more sense to just make 44 minute specials.

well they always say this about their show. People from Star Wars Rebels also assured us that Disney pumped in a lot of money for a long run.

But Ninjago is like a gold-grave - it's TLG's flagship of their own advanced themes. And it's one of the few stories that still has tone of potential, even though we're through 9 differenc scenarios of villains & stories.
So I really hope for another few seasons, with spin-offs afterwards. The potential is there for sure. And we haven't had like a "adventure-arc" with visiting other realms yet, other than s9, which only plays partly in another realm :wink:

13 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

well they always say this about their show. People from Star Wars Rebels also assured us that Disney pumped in a lot of money for a long run.

But Ninjago is like a gold-grave - it's TLG's flagship of their own advanced themes. And it's one of the few stories that still has tone of potential, even though we're through 9 differenc scenarios of villains & stories.
So I really hope for another few seasons, with spin-offs afterwards. The potential is there for sure. And we haven't had like a "adventure-arc" with visiting other realms yet, other than s9, which only plays partly in another realm :wink:

True, true. 

But as for the Realms, you have a point. We've been told that there are sixteen Realms, and so far we've seen . .  lemme count off. 

Ninjago.

The Underworld.

The muddy place where Garmadon went to become powerful. 

Chima.

The Cursed Realm. 

Djinnjago. 

The Realm of Oni and Dragons.

Unless I've missed something, that's only seven. Less than half. 

And there was that whole thing in Skybound about every member of Nadakhan's crew being banished to a different realm. We never saw where they went. There's a lot of untapped possibilities there. 

7 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

If it does last two more years, then we'll soon be hitting the point at which Ninjago will have lasted longer than Pirates and Bionicle did before their first multi-year hiatuses. That will be interesting, for sure.

I'm with you in thinking that Ninjago doesn't seem to be on the verge of ending. It's still wildly popular, and even if the show hasn't been getting the viewers it used to that might just mean we're approaching the point where it has to move from Cartoon Network to a service like Netflix (as DreamWorks Dragons already did three or four years ago).

And even if the current show ends, no reason to think LEGO Ninjago would end with it unless the sets stop selling well also. For all we know they might just bring whatever story arc they're on to a close and start fresh with a reboot or sequel series of some kind.

6 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

If it does last two more years, then we'll soon be hitting the point at which Ninjago will have lasted longer than Pirates and Bionicle did before their first multi-year hiatuses. That will be interesting, for sure.

I'm with you in thinking that Ninjago doesn't seem to be on the verge of ending. It's still wildly popular, and even if the show hasn't been getting the viewers it used to that might just mean we're approaching the point where it has to move from Cartoon Network to a service like Netflix (as DreamWorks Dragons already did three or four years ago).

And even if the current show ends, no reason to think LEGO Ninjago would end with it unless the sets stop selling well also. For all we know they might just bring whatever story arc they're on to a close and start fresh with a reboot or sequel series of some kind.

Ninjago, at this point, is a tentpole of Lego's products, right up there with the likes of Star Wars and Super Heroes. 

And it's already on Netflix; seasons 1 and 3-6 (but not 2, for some reason) are all available, as well as the pilot episodes. 

I would like to see a reboot at some point, though. Ninjago is starting to reach the point where it's story and lore I see a massive, sprawling mess. A reboot with a storyline that's more planned out in advance, like what we've been seeing with SOG and Hunted, would be gorgeous. 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

True, true. 

But as for the Realms, you have a point. We've been told that there are sixteen Realms, and so far we've seen . .  lemme count off. 

Ninjago.

The Underworld.

The muddy place where Garmadon went to become powerful. *

Chima.

The Cursed Realm. 

Djinnjago. 

The Realm of Oni and Dragons.

Unless I've missed something, that's only seven. Less than half. 

And there was that whole thing in Skybound about every member of Nadakhan's crew being banished to a different realm. We never saw where they went. There's a lot of untapped possibilities there. 

*Realm of Madness

There's also the Departed Realm, so eight. Exactly half. 

3 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

*Realm of Madness

There's also the Departed Realm, so eight. Exactly half. 

Oh yeah, the Departed Realm. We never actually saw that, so I forgot. 

And Realm of Madness? Is that what it's officially called?

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

I don't know if I'd say wildly popular, at one point yeah considering it came back and got a movie, but I guess there's not really anyway to judge that beyond LEGO's annual sales. Popularity-wise, I think Ninjago peaked in 2012. Fanbase is pretty small online, but I guess kids like it? Probably also more popular worldwide than the US? The half a million views on average Season 8 got in the US are a bit alarming, can't imagine pretending it doesn't exist unless a new season has come out and never having re-runs helped, but nothing else that premiers around that time did very well either, so that isn't necessarily Ninjago's fault. 

15 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh yeah, the Departed Realm. We never actually saw that, so I forgot. 

And Realm of Madness? Is that what it's officially called?

According to Decoded, yeah.

Even though The Lego Ninjago Movie acted as a catalyst for a "soft" reboot for both the TV show and its tie-in sets, I wouldn't at all mind seeing a full-fledged reboot of the entire theme, preferably if it taken on more of a heavier medieval aesthetic and therefore drastically toning down the Cyberpunk element. Therefore, traditional Classic Castle fans would likely warm up to the theme even more.

28 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Even though The Lego Ninjago Movie acted as a catalyst for a "soft" reboot for both the TV show and its tie-in sets, I wouldn't at all mind seeing a full-fledged reboot of the entire theme, preferably if it taken on more of a heavier medieval aesthetic and therefore drastically toning down the Cyberpunk element. Therefore, traditional Classic Castle fans would likely warm up to the theme even more.

But, how could LEGO possibly survive without.. vehicles?!

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Are you suggesting that Ninjago should be......*gasp*......NexoKnighted? :look:

4 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Are you suggesting that Ninjago should be......*gasp*......NexoKnighted? :look:

I think he meant the opposite. You could say that Castle had been Ninjago'ed and that didn't work.

I will fully support if Ninjago leans more towards the classic Castle / Ninja to explore more medieval influence and themes.