Guys, I need help.

I don't know what set should I buy. Options are Stormbringer, Dieselnaut and Dragon Pit. I found them on discount - 15% for Stomrbringer, 20% for Dieselnaut and 25% for Dragon Pit. 

I don't want to spend a lot of money. I like Stormbringer set, but it seems too little. Dieselnaut is great, but there is something meh about it. I love Dragon Pit, mostly the build, and minifgures are perfect.

Should I save money and buy Stormbringer, or should I go all out and buy Dragon Pit?

Thank you in advance.

Bought the Throne Room set a few days ago, mainly for the minifigures as the set itself really doesn't have much to it. I built the throne section which is pretty cool, but didn't bother with the rest of the build, I'll use the parts for something else. 

38 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Guys, I need help.

I don't know what set should I buy. Options are Stormbringer, Dieselnaut and Dragon Pit. I found them on discount - 15% for Stomrbringer, 20% for Dieselnaut and 25% for Dragon Pit. 

I don't want to spend a lot of money. I like Stormbringer set, but it seems too little. Dieselnaut is great, but there is something meh about it. I love Dragon Pit, mostly the build, and minifgures are perfect.

Should I save money and buy Stormbringer, or should I go all out and buy Dragon Pit?

Thank you in advance.

If you like all the sets I would wait and save up money and get them later on I am going to save up my money up soon for august 22th LEGOLAND Windsor which where I am going again I am going to get kai Dragon set and Dragon pit and Dieselnaut :) 

54 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I found them on discount - 15% for Stomrbringer, 20% for Dieselnaut and 25% for Dragon Pit. 

Where did you find them at a discount?

9 hours ago, Knafstuds said:

Where did you find them at a discount?

Local retailer, not an international or worldwide store.

I got Stormbringer today. This is a perfect set. Jay is perfect, Zane is amazing, Dragon Hunter's are perfect. Build, for 40$ is huge! I love this set.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I got Stormbringer today. This is a perfect set. Jay is perfect, Zane is amazing, Dragon Hunter's are perfect. Build, for 40$ is huge! I love this set.

I’m assuming this isn’t in the US despite you saying dollars? (If they are in the US, please let me know where you found them!)

Picked up all the flyers today mostly for the figures, but I will admit the launchers themselves are fun (despite not flying nearly as impressively as the Airjitsu ones did). I was surprised by the number of new molds - a two parter for the wing mount (why this is a two parter is unclear, unless they plan to mount other things in the future) and an extra long Airjitsu holder (to accommodate the wings). The handle build is a lot heftier than I would have thought and the $5 price increase is definitely justified.

Are the flyers Lego Store exclusives because I was checking a couple online retailers like Amazon and Walmart and they weren’t listened when I looked them up

4 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

Are the flyers Lego Store exclusives because I was checking a couple online retailers like Amazon and Walmart and they weren’t listened when I looked them up

They are not.

16 hours ago, legozebra said:

I’m assuming this isn’t in the US despite you saying dollars? (If they are in the US, please let me know where you found them!)

Picked up all the flyers today mostly for the figures, but I will admit the launchers themselves are fun (despite not flying nearly as impressively as the Airjitsu ones did). I was surprised by the number of new molds - a two parter for the wing mount (why this is a two parter is unclear, unless they plan to mount other things in the future) and an extra long Airjitsu holder (to accommodate the wings). The handle build is a lot heftier than I would have thought and the $5 price increase is definitely justified.

Not in US.

It's just easier to write prices in dollars.

hey guys I might need some help with something. I need some opinions  

I am going to LEGOLAND Windsor at august 22nd and I am going to have some season 9 sets  like dragon pit and most likely kai Dragon but I would like to get some now if you could help me out giving some opinions about it it would be awesome for a little help because I cant choose  what sets to get now and save for LEGOLAND .

1 hour ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

hey guys I might need some help with something. I need some opinions  

I am going to LEGOLAND Windsor at august 22nd and I am going to have some season 9 sets  like dragon pit and most likely kai Dragon but I would like to get some now if you could help me out giving some opinions about it it would be awesome for a little help because I cant choose  what sets to get now and save for LEGOLAND .

Why would you wait to go to LEGOLAND to get sets if you can get them locally/online? Prices at LEGOLAND tend to be a bit higher than in "regular" stores.

35 minutes ago, Dardanel said:

Why would you wait to go to LEGOLAND to get sets if you can get them locally/online? Prices at LEGOLAND tend to be a bit higher than in "regular" stores.

Not OP but I’m guessing he’s from the US and is just going to Legoland - I’m visiting Billund in a couple of weeks and I also plan to grab some of the season 9 sets because they aren’t available yet in the US and prices are not extraordinarily higher than what they would cost in the US.

3 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Not OP but I’m guessing he’s from the US and is just going to Legoland - I’m visiting Billund in a couple of weeks and I also plan to grab some of the season 9 sets because they aren’t available yet in the US and prices are not extraordinarily higher than what they would cost in the US.

I am from the UK but I am going to wait to go to LEGOLAND Windsor 

8 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

I am from the UK but I am going to wait to go to LEGOLAND Windsor 

Huh, ok - aren’t they more expensive at Legoland though?

54 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Huh, ok - aren’t they more expensive at Legoland though?

they are the same price as retail stores at LEGOLAND 

Sets are always full price at LEGOLAND, except in the Discount Tent (If it is still there and if it is open). You are probably better off waiting for the supermarkets to have a bit of a price cut. 

Sainsbury's always has a 20% off toys sale every few months. (Not to mention periods of clearance to make way for other/newer sets). ASDA and Tesco drop prices at random intervals and Morrisons will reliably lower prices to make way for new waves of sets. 

Argos also has toy sales from time to time. Most likely at the start of the summer holidays.

I started saving up well in advance so I got all the sets last week :) 

So far, I've built the Destiny's Wing, Throne Room, Stormbringer and Firstbourne sets. I'm saving the Oni Titan, Dieselnaut and Dragon Pit for last.

My thoughts so far:

THRONE ROOM

Nice, but mainly for the minifigs, particularly Skylor and Harumi, both of which were exclusives until Harumi also showed up in the Oni Titan set, which was revealed later than the rest. The throne room looks stylish but not much going on, and particularly having a prison cell which is just a front facade (with "bars" that don't even reach the floor) doesn't make much sense. 

DESTINY'S WING

Very nice little build - not your default aircraft, with the lack of a proper nose and the wings at the very front of the craft instead of at the middle/back. I like that whole "built from wreckage" look of the flyer, Kai's tattered look is nice and Jet Jack is a cool minifig.

STORMBRINGER

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this build, since the pics really don't do it justice. The head looks a bit blocky but the build of body actually arches up and down a bit, giving the creature a very serpent-like look - it reminds me very slightly of the winged Fell Beasts from the Lord of the Rings movies. I also like how they built the spring-loaded shooters into the creature's mouth, and it looks appropriately scaly.

FIRSTBOURNE

Another awesome build and I was afraid that, building it right after having built the Stormbringer, it would feel repetitive but don't worry - it really is its own thing. Again great detail with the horns, scales and sweeping tail, and the creature looks much more streamlined than previous dragons. Some very interesting techniques and parts used to great effect. A bit of a weird choice to make the inside of the mouth grey, instead of red, and I will never be a fan of the use of plastic on a frame to form wings, but here it just works better than any alternative. 

Generally, as someone who has never been a fan of the Ninjago dragons (apart from the green mech from the Movie), the dragons themselves were the most positive surprise. They look much more like animals and less like mechs, all thanks to a few simple touches - more streamlining, more details (despite hardly any stickers) and especially the use of printed pieces for the eyes, giving them a much more realistic look than by using an unprinted brick.

The sidebuilds are nice enough and particularly the Huntercopter in the "Firstbourne" set is a nice-to-have since it doesn't look like any other helicopter thanks to its angled rotor. The minifigs are nice - the Ninja are what you expect, just more tattered, and the Dragon Keepers are very distinctive and detailed, even though it would have been nicer to have a few more different ones... Even after having built just 3 sets, I already have two Jet Jacks and two Muzzles.

Edited by legorgon

6 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Sets are always full price at LEGOLAND, except in the Discount Tent (If it is still there and if it is open). You are probably better off waiting for the supermarkets to have a bit of a price cut. 

Sainsbury's always has a 20% off toys sale every few months. (Not to mention periods of clearance to make way for other/newer sets). ASDA and Tesco drop prices at random intervals and Morrisons will reliably lower prices to make way for new waves of sets. 

Argos also has toy sales from time to time. Most likely at the start of the summer holidays.

I am planning to save firstbourne and Dragon pit and dieselnaut  for LEGOLAND Windsor I think 

I plan on buying all the sets except the flyers and the wing.

I wasn't too keen, when pictures of this wave first leaked. But I really find these sets interesting, even after having them for over a week. Stormbringer grew on me quite a bit, after I made it's middle body a bit thicker and the saddle-removal feature for both dragons is great.

Out of paper I cut out a black roof for the throne room and I put the golden armor behind the prison, which looks great.

I even really like the helicopter side build from Firstbourne, it inspired me to make a mini-dieselnaut, from 2 DC mighty-micros sets.

Suddenly I feel like the season 9 sets of Ningajo are somehow linked to the LEGO Movie 2......

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Suddenly I feel like the season 9 sets of Ningajo are somehow linked to the LEGO Movie 2......

I'm still not sure how licencing worked with the original LEGO movie, but maybe TLG just needed to release some pieces under its own theme (Ninjago) first, to avoid paying licencing fees. 

Guys I need some help again 

I am going to get kai master dragon soon but I need a set with bad guys in I like buying good and evil sets but I don't know which one to get I am saving kai dragon and Dragon pit and Dieselnaut for LEGOLAND in couple of mouths. Any idea what set got bad guys in soo I can get kai master dragon with it :) 

2 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

Guys I need some help again 

I am going to get kai master dragon soon but I need a set with bad guys in I like buying good and evil sets but I don't know which one to get I am saving kai dragon and Dragon pit and Dieselnaut for LEGOLAND in couple of mouths. Any idea what set got bad guys in soo I can get kai master dragon with it :) 

If you're getting the biggest sets you'll basically get all of the different bad guys anyway. Maybe the Oni Titan? Three bad guys (counting the golem) that won't be repeats from your other planned purchases, sounds good? :classic: