Same question, when in Europe? 

I was not a big big fan at first sight, because of rocky look, but the new trailer give them a great interest! I want them! :laugh:

Europe - official release date is June 1st, but they are out here since two or one week(s)

America - official release date is August 1st, I haven't heard any information that they are out there in reatilers

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Europe - official release date is June 1st, but they are out here since two or one week(s)

America - official release date is August 1st, I haven't heard any information that they are out there in reatilers

Anything on Australia?

20 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Anything on Australia?

Here is what you need to know. If you live in Canada and the U.S. you will receive the sets in August. If you live anywhere else you will get them in June

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We will get dragon flyers June 1st, everything else is in August though 

10 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Anything on Australia?

LEGO Shop@Home AU has at least Strombringer, Destiny’s Wing and the Docks to release on 1st of June.

So just got Destinys wing and Throne room sets. The plane is meh at best, seems like been there done that kind of build. Both minifigures are cool though, and new dragon sword molds are fantastic, plus you get a spare blade. Throne room set is pretty much remake of Kryptarium prison from 2016, but less interesting build. Harumi’s trone build is nice, but Lloyd’s cell is poorly made. Also I like how LEGO switched classic hero trope, and this time Lloyd is damsel in distress, while Nya, Skylor and Pixal are saving him. All minifigures in this set are great, but Harumi and Lloyd are standouts. Will probably get Dragon pit and Dieselnaut in a month or 2 to complete this wave of ninja minifigures. But I need to get Kessel Run Millennium Falcon first thought.

Edited by benderisgreat

51 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So just got Destinys wing and Trone room sets. The plane is meh at best, seems like been there done that kind of build. Both minifigures are cool though, and new dragon sword molds are fantastic, plus you get a spare blade. Throne room set is pretty much remake of Kryptarium prison from 2016, but less interesting build. Harumi’s trone build is nice, but Lloyd’s cell is poorly made. Also I like how LEGO switched classic hero trope, and this time Lloyd is damsel in distress, while Nya, Skylor and Pixal are saving him. All minifigures in this set are great, but Harumi and Lloyd are standouts. Will probably get Dragon pit and Dieselnaut in a month or 2 to complete this wave of ninja minifigures. But I need to get Kessel Run Millennium Falcon first thought.

I got a destiny wing and Trone room and jay dragon and golden master dragon I don't know what to get next I am planning to get kai dragon and Dragon pit for aug 22 when I go to LEGOLAND 

7 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

any news about more season 9 sets?  

No more sets. Eventually, we'll get some in January.

I doubt there will be any more Season 9 sets as the only time they actually produced a second wave of sets for one story arc was for the Movie, which is to be expected. The only way I see us getting new sets around this theme is if the storyline continues into Season 10, which is actually relatively likely, in which case we would get season 10 sets but of models/dragons potentially featured in Season 9, like the Oni Titan.

44 minutes ago, legozebra said:

I doubt there will be any more Season 9 sets as the only time they actually produced a second wave of sets for one story arc was for the Movie, which is to be expected. The only way I see us getting new sets around this theme is if the storyline continues into Season 10, which is actually relatively likely, in which case we would get season 10 sets but of models/dragons potentially featured in Season 9, like the Oni Titan.

Not true. The so-called 'Day of the Departed' wave only had five sets actually focused on the Day of the Departed. The other two were a continuation of Skybound. 

7 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Not true. The so-called 'Day of the Departed' wave only had five sets actually focused on the Day of the Departed. The other two were a continuation of Skybound. 

You’re right, although that was a special case where they only had the budget for a Halloween Special (for some reason) which is why some of the sets were from Skybound. I’m thinking that’s only a special case and not the norm.

10 minutes ago, legozebra said:

they only had the budget for a Halloween Special (for some reason) 

Well, that is around when the sets for the Movie would have been being designed. That's probably also part of why so much of the stuff in Day of the Departed recycled old things - old villains, sets based on locations that had already existed for a while, the Rock Roader and Ultra Stealth Raider which are both basically upgraded versions of vehicles from a few years back. Really, the Titanium Nunja Tumbler and Green NRG Dragon (which was technically a wyvern) were the only things in that wave that were totally new. 

30 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

is destiny wing worth a another one like army build of dragon hunters ? 

Not really, jet jack is a more specialized Dragon Hunter (Keeper?), not great for army building. Try getting your hands on a bunch of the ice dragon polybag if you want to army build. 

34 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

Not really, but getting a second to modify it into the 'original' Dragon Hunter version is definitely on the table. I'm sure I have some Olive green left over from China's crocodile stuff . . .

12 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

some season 9 sets in Jan 2019? maybe

10 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

Could you please use correct capitalisation. We expect a certain standard of grammar on the forum.

Checked Lego's image cache today and all of the new sets have been added. I also tried other set numbers to see if there were indeed any more sets that we hadn't seen yet. Alas, there aren't. 

I for one am both surprised and disappointed. Since Ninjago has consistently gotten 3 retail exclusive sets every summer, I was expecting there would be more to this wave, especially considering the other vehicles and dragons seen in the season 9 trailer. On the whole, I think that this wave is kind of bland. The individual sets are mostly good, but as a completed wave, it feels as though there isn't really enough of anything compared to how previous waves have been.  Most disappointing for me is that I think that the missing things from the trailer could be covered in just two sets. 

I hope that the plethora of small spinner sets this year isn't the reason why Lego couldn't manage one or two more actual boxed sets. Speaking of which, do we know what happened to the Nya Dragon Master set?

I know that the Lego Store Calendar has the Dragon Masters shown on it but are we sure the US is getting them June 1st so far no one has found one in stores. The only explanation I can find for this is the Lego Store will keep them exclusive until the August 1st release date. This is also a very similar thing that happened with the Airjitzu Flyers so it’s nothing new and I could see them doing this if I’m honest.

Edited by Sr1847

1 hour ago, Sr1847 said:

I know that the Lego Store Calendar has the Dragon Masters shown on it but are we sure the US is getting them June 1st so far no one has found one in stores. The only explanation I can find for this is the Lego Store will keep them exclusive until the August 1st release date. This is also a very similar thing that happened with the Airjitzu Flyers so it’s nothing new and I could see them doing this if I’m honest.

It's June 1st, trust metrusts me

Anyone remember Tommy Andreasen tweeting us to get out our paper towels for 2019 and not confirming Season 10? Could we be in for a DOTD-like special? 

3 minutes ago, Quinton1721 said:

Anyone remember Tommy Andreasen tweeting us to get out our paper towels for 2019 and not confirming Season 10? Could we be in for a DOTD-like special? 

This off-topic, but the DOTD special only existed cause the movie was pushed back so I'd think they'd stick to full seasons now, unless there is a good reason not to.