34 minutes ago, Sr1847 said:

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/05/18/legos-ninjago-city-is-expanding-with-70657-ninjago-city-docks-review/ 

Here’s the link to The Brothers Bricks review of the Docks and oh me oh my that set is beautiful:wub: 

The Docks and City look FANTASTIC when connected together and I definitely want to get it now

It's like it was meant to be the same set. I wonder how many total Ninjago modulars we end up with. It would have to be at least 2 more 48x32 plots then either two 32x32 ones or one giant 64x32 one. 

2 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

It's like it was meant to be the same set. I wonder how many total Ninjago modulars we end up with. It would have to be at least 2 more 48x32 plots then either two 32x32 ones or one giant 64x32 one. 

It's a good question. I hope we get more, though, because the Docks is absolutely amazing and I've already cleared space for it in my Village. I'm hoping that the next one (and if there isn't a next one, I'll MOC one) is some kind of 'endpoint' that could be put on the other side of Ninjago City (or mirrorbuilt and attached to the Docks) and make it all look satisfyingly complete. Because, well, let's be real, these aren't Modular Buildings, in spite of all the similarities. They won't last forever. 

My wallet is gonna be so mad at me, but it'll be worth every cent! I can't wait! 

While it’s unlikely I wonder if Lego will release more Movie set like this or if they will release more but put it under the Ninjago name itself. I doubt this will happen but I would like more because both the Docks and City have room for more because of their construction with the Pin holes and the walkways on the upper levels.

Edited by Sr1847

I think they should add sections of the city from the show, like Borg Tower, SoG HQ AND Harumi's castle.

6 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I think they should add sections of the city from the show, like Borg Tower, SoG HQ AND Harumi's castle.

Out of all of those the SoG HQ is least likely as their base is underground in a subway system so it wouldn’t make since for them to add and underground place to an above ground city

22 minutes ago, Sr1847 said:

Out of all of those the SoG HQ is least likely as their base is underground in a subway system so it wouldn’t make since for them to add and underground place to an above ground city

Actually, I've already designed an MOC SoG HQ, built underneath a raised section of road. (On LDD, haven't built it IRL yet.) It's built on top of two crossroad road baseplates. (Gotta put the spares to use somehow, right?)

I translated all the stickers in NINJAGO City Docks.

You'll find them here, as well as all the references featured throughout them.

There's a reference to the Grundle in there on top of all the nostalgia pandering these NINJAGO City sets are known for.

56 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

There's a reference to the Grundle in there on top of all the nostalgia pandering these NINJAGO City sets are known for.

OMG! These stickers are amazing! So chock full of references. I've never been into Bionicle but I especially love the Mata Nui insert. (I actually really love both map stickers.) 

The Lego Vitruvian man cracks me up. Thanks so much for the translation. It's incredibly useful. 

5 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Excellent work! One note:

-Autographed picture of Johnny Thunder (reference to the main character featured through the LEGO Adventurers, and LEGO Orient Expedition themes. In the online LEGO game "Backlot," and the Massively Multiplayer Online Game, "LEGO Universe," Johnny Thunder gives you his 'prized' autograph to deliver to a female fan in sidequests featured in both games).

In Backlot, you're gifted the autograph as a personal present for finding his gear. You have the option to give it to a fan later on, in exchange for some advice, but it's not in the form of a mission, like the other one is.

I don't have a problem with the Docks height. That's realistic. If the Docks buildings were as tall as the "downtown" area then they wouldn't really be Docks.

7 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

When will lego shop will listed the summer sets for June?  I  hope the season 9 sets will be out in June in the Uk 

In two weeks.

18 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Only one exclusive? I wanted another oni set with Zane's dragon... I guess I have to be pleased with the polybag one.

I'm hopeful that they're just saving it for next year. After all, to date there have only been two waves of Ninjago that hasn't had at least one dragon included - the first half of Rise of the Snakes (and that was mostly because of the product placement involved in the whole 'The Golden Weapons turn into vehicles!' thing) and S.O.G. (which was because they were setting up for the whole Dragon Hunter thing), with several (such as Skybound and and the pilot run) having multiple dragons. 

So there has to be a dragon included next year. Maybe some dragons, including an ice or water dragon for Zane or Nya, will follow the ninja back to Ninjago to help them fight Garmadon after the Dragon Hunters are defeated, and then we'll get sets of those dragons who weren't represented already in this wave?

Honestly, I'm fine with the absence of an ice dragon - I still have the Titanium one from 2015 - but what I really want to see is a full, proper water dragon for Nya. Every other Ninja has had at least two, except Sensei, but even though she was able to summon an elemental water dragon from Skybound to Hands of Time, instead they gave us that ugly Fusion Dragon thing as though that made up for not giving Kai and Nya their own dragons. Not cool.  

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Honestly, I'm fine with the absence of an ice dragon - I still have the Titanium one from 2015 - but what I really want to see is a full, proper water dragon for Nya. Every other Ninja has had at least two, except Sensei, but even though she was able to summon an elemental water dragon from Skybound to Hands of Time, instead they gave us that ugly Fusion Dragon thing as though that made up for not giving Kai and Nya their own dragons. Not cool.  

We need a water dragon set at this point, maybe something Master Wu dragon-sized. Cole hasn't had a big one since 2011 though, right? Although the one in the Dragon Pit sort of counts.

Edited by Boogly22238

Just now, Boogly22238 said:

We need a water dragon set at this point, maybe something Master Wu dragon-sized. Cole hasn't had a big one since 2011 though, right? Although the one in the Dragon Pit sort of counts.

Thank you. 

And yeah, I count the one in the Dragon Pit as (Finally!) a proper dragon for Cole. Though something bigger in a couple of waves would still be very welcome. 

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'm hopeful that they're just saving it for next year. After all, to date there have only been two waves of Ninjago that hasn't had at least one dragon included - the first half of Rise of the Snakes (and that was mostly because of the product placement involved in the whole 'The Golden Weapons turn into vehicles!' thing) and S.O.G. (which was because they were setting up for the whole Dragon Hunter thing), with several (such as Skybound and and the pilot run) having multiple dragons. 

So there has to be a dragon included next year. Maybe some dragons, including an ice or water dragon for Zane or Nya, will follow the ninja back to Ninjago to help them fight Garmadon after the Dragon Hunters are defeated, and then we'll get sets of those dragons who weren't represented already in this wave?

I thought the fusion dragon was very ugly as well.. until I bought the set on retail for the figures... now it's among my favourites: I've modded it to have only one head (modified as well) and removed the horrible saddle. Really looks amazing, very oriental & unique now, with the conflicting colour scheme of dark azur, black & red.

As for master Wu's dragon: in person I didn't like it at all. Unlike Lloyds dragon mech or most Elves dragons, the colour scheme was so inconsequent with too many grey pieces. I had to switch out so many grey parts, but still too many technic have fix colours. the grey on Stormbringer dragon looks fine, but on Wu's dragon it just looked off.

We still need a decent Nya dragon for sure!
The dragon pit creature counts as Cole's dragon, but we still never got a black or dark brown dragon (which would look amazing..)

I really like the Kabuki minifigure.

Also, the docks use great building techniques for roofs.  I love the flag / sign approach.  And I already have a boatload of shovels that I was planning to use for much the same technique that is used here.  Great stuff.

Edited by x105Black

Going by the 2/fl walkway, does it look like the dock can be connected to either side of ninjago city or could that be for another future expansion set?

Maybe it's me, but now we've finally seen hi-res pics and review of Ninjago Docks, the sense of growing underwhelment (if that's an actual word?) is complete.

It's all very interesting but there's just no....well, magic there.

8 minutes ago, badbob001 said:

Going by the 2/fl walkway, does it look like the dock can be connected to either side of ninjago city or could that be for another future expansion set?

I really couldn't see us getting more sets from this line, even though I was surprised to even see the Docks appear this year. If I were to guess, any further expansions to these two would come in the form of more "cityscape modulars" stemming from future installments of Warner Brothers' cinematic Lego universe. Perhaps we may see one or two Bricksburg sets come 2019 to tie into next year's sequel to 2014's The Lego Movie:shrug_oh_well:

I still wished we saw a Ninjago City like modular of Gotham City from TLBM, instead of the Joker Manor we got.