17 minutes ago, ReZourceman said:

It's a shame. I'm really not feeling the City Docks. Don't like the overall shape. Seems to lack creativity. It's not as colourful or unique as Ninjago City and minifigure selection is very poor. 

What do you mean 'very poor'? We finally have an official minifigure of Mystake! Not to mention Dareth, and the real clincher; . . Ninjago City citizens with expressions suited to going about their daily lives! These guys can actually do something other than run, screaming, away from things. There's even one that looks a hell of a lot like Brad from Darkley's (to me, anyway). Sure, yet another Green Ninja and Movie Garmadon is disappointing, but overall it's excellent.

Or are you just salty about the fact that they're apparently never going to make a Narwhal-themed Shark Army thug?

Also, everyone? Don't give up hope on ever getting the Fuchsia ninja. You've all seen how characters from ages ago can pop up in minifigure packs years after they were first introduced. And, notice how, so far, we haven't heard anything about a 2018 Ninjago figure pack? If we're lucky, we just might be getting the Fuchsia Ninja sooner than we expect . .

Take a look at the artwork to the right of the Docks, now we know where it connects. The stairway leads up to the upper walkway of the Ninjago City set. We are looking at the back of the houses. I bet the designers did put a lot of effort in the fronts that face the same way as Ninjago City, so once I see that side I make my judgement.

The new figs are nice, but the lack of Fuchsia Ninja disturbs me...

Oh, and the Oni Giant is very cool! I just hope the face is a print, otherwise it would definitely skip it. Look at Garmadon and his blades though.. :devil:

Edited by Exetrius

Just now, Exetrius said:

Take a look at the artwork to the right of the Docks, now we know where it connects. The stairway leads up to the upper walkway of the Ninjago City set. We are looking at the back of the houses. I bet the designers did put a lot of effort in the fronts that face the same way as Ninjago City, so once I see that side I make my judgement.

The new figs are nice, but the lack of Fuchsia Ninja disturbs me...

I thought that at first too, but I'm not too certain, honestly. It looks to me like the Docks might be built on a 32x48 footprint, like Assembly Square was. Or maybe even a 48x48, which would be even worse. In that case, it wouldn't make any sense for Ninjago City to attach to the side of it. It would look really awkward and be an absolute pain in the megablocks to integrate into a city. 

1 minute ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

What do you mean 'very poor'? We finally have an official minifigure of Mystake! Not to mention Dareth, and the real clincher; . . Ninjago City citizens with expressions suited to going about their daily lives! These guys can actually do something other than run, screaming, away from things. There's even one that looks a hell of a lot like Brad from Darkley's (to me, anyway). Sure, yet another Green Ninja and Movie Garmadon is disappointing, but overall it's excellent.

Or are you just salty about the fact that they're apparently never going to make a Narwhal-themed Shark Army thug?

Also, everyone? Don't give up hope on ever getting the Fuchsia ninja. You've all seen how characters from ages ago can pop up in minifigure packs years after they were first introduced. And, notice how, so far, we haven't heard anything about a 2018 Ninjago figure pack? If we're lucky, we just might be getting the Fuchsia Ninja sooner than we expect . .

Nah, not salty about that; I think it's a shame, but I just don't get as excited by civilian characters as I do by the main cast. Some exclusive costumes would have been nice, maybe battled damaged or anything like that. More shark army, there's only a repeated Garmadon and one thug. Just disappointing to me personally!

Uh . . I meant to write 'pain in the A-S-S', so I dunno how that happened . . but I like that. Pain in the megablocks. It's catchy. XD

Hold on, I want to test this.

megablocks megablocks megablocks 

Why does it correct 'megablocks'?

Edited by Feng-huang0296

It is the language filter, we try and keep things clean and tidy on the forums so certain words are swapped out on posting.

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I thought that at first too, but I'm not too certain, honestly. It looks to me like the Docks might be built on a 32x48 footprint, like Assembly Square was. Or maybe even a 48x48, which would be even worse. In that case, it wouldn't make any sense for Ninjago City to attach to the side of it. It would look really awkward and be an absolute pain in the megablocks to integrate into a city. 

Its 23X48 footprint obviously. And yep it connect to that side of Ninjago City where Sweep shack/comic book store/Lloyd apartment is. Its perfectly connectible and there is even continuation of that walkway from "street level". No need to worry about this one. 

That set was in legoland Billund with a sesson 9 sets what people where saying about i am going to legoland Windsor in a couple of weeks could legoland big shop store  surprise me with sesson 9 sets in the big store in legolands in Europe? never say never 

After seeing the Oni Titan in high resolution (https://youtu.be/cuC3-EC8XGE), I'm pretty sure that the face is indeed printed and also that Garmadon has a new print, thus without the purple ooze. Good stuff. :sweet:

4 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

That set was in legoland Billund with a sesson 9 sets what people where saying about i am going to legoland Windsor in a couple of weeks could legoland big shop store  surprise me with sesson 9 sets in the big store in legolands in Europe? never say never 

Interpunction was invented for a reason, you know? :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Exetrius

10 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Hey, you're right. They did give Garmadon a new print sans purple resurrection ooze. 

Which means that literally the only thing about that set that is exclusive is a version of Garmadon with a "slightly" different torso that is identical except without all the purple. Yeeeeeeah . . . forgive me if that doesn't make me change my mind about how horrible that set is. 

As far as I'm concerned, my collection exists in an alternate universe where Garmadon used his Master of Destruction True Potential whatever to create the Garmadon Mecha Man like was in the movie, rather than . . that thing. Seriously. At least the mechanical shark with legs seated two. And I desperately hope that "give Garmadon a retail exclusive giant set in the summer wave" is a trend that ends here. 

Garmadon does NOT have a new upper torso print it is the exact same one from the temple. If u look at the picture on The Brick Fans website closely you can see the purple ooze it’s just harder to see 

(I provided a link to The Brick Fans website where the picture is on the previous page)

Edited by Sr1847

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

After seeing the Oni Titan in high resolution (https://youtu.be/cuC3-EC8XGE), I'm pretty sure that the face is indeed printed and also that Garmadon has a new print, thus without the purple ooze. Good stuff. :sweet:

Interpunction was invented for a reason, you know? :hmpf_bad:

you dont have to be  a dick about it  i might have had a flew mistakes i was too hype ok

Edited by ninjagoyax555
making it better

City Docks looms pretty good. I need to see how it looks from the front and attached to Ninjago City before I decide if I will buy it. I’m glad we are getting Mystaké but it looks like she has the wrong face. A hair/hat combination would have been nice too but that is a stretch. More civilian figures is also good. Hopefully the 300$ price point is incorrect.

The Oni Titan is good compared to other retail exclusives. I will definitely be picking it up. Do we know its price?

1 hour ago, Rookie875 said:

The Oni Titan is good compared to other retail exclusives. I will definitely be picking it up. Do we know its price?

I would say it’s in the $40-$60 range

The front of the docks looks great, just as good as the back and even better when connected to the city. 

(The back of the docks box shows all of that)

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

If anyone lives near Billund they seem to have all the summer 2018 ninjago sets out and for sale 

what about other legolands?

Oni Titan is a welcome surprise, but it's not a good set... no exclusive minifigures, the build is pretty boring and plain, and I hate the box art. Looks so empty and bad.

14 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Personaly compared to great stone set like Crystal King - the Oni looks horrible.

As much as I liked the Crystal King, I can't agree with you there. Crystal King is downright rudimentary compared to the Oni Titan. Oni Titan is much less scrawny, much more posable, has tastefully integrated shooters, cool swords, and extra details to give him a samurai vibe. The only real things Crystal King has that the Oni Titan doesn't are big spikes, more comical proportions, a molded head, and of course, crystals — and I wouldn't say any of those four things elevates one over the other conceptually.

I will say that the number of blade pieces the Oni Titan has makes me suspect that those new blade pieces will be a prepack like the Friends kitchen accessories, City tool packs, and the new Super Heroes energy blasts. Which is a smart way of handling things, if you ask me, since you get 5 or more new molds at the cost of one! I think this is the first time Ninjago has had one of those sorts of packs developed for it specifically.

Personally I think I'll have to wait until I've seen Season 8 before deciding whether or not to get the Oni Titan. I like to save money where I can, and so a set like this that doesn't have any unique minifigs is the sort I might strike off my wish list — but it is still SUCH a cool-looking set.

I do think I'll probably be skipping the Destiny's Wing, which doesn't have a whole lot of unique features as far as I can tell, has no unique minifigures, and simply isn't as cool to me as the dragons or the ninja vehicles from Sons of Garmadon. The main thing that might make me get that is if it can be rebuilt into booster jets for the Destiny's Bounty, but I kind of doubt it would be designed with that in mind — that's just something I think would be cool.

I'm also debating whether it's worth it for me to get the Dieselnaut. It's an EPIC set, but young wu is the only unique fig it contains as far as I can tell, and again, I'm more drawn to the sets containing dragons.

Huh. So the pictures are pretty bad, but it's clear enough that there is indeed a major height disparity between the City and the Docks. Which makes me very happy, because it proves that the Docks are designed to better fit in with other Modulars in a way that Ninjago City wasn't. 

I really hope I'll be able to scrounge up the cash to afford this thing. It looks so cool. 

Just now, Aanchir said:

I do think I'll probably be skipping the Destiny's Wing, which doesn't have a whole lot of unique features as far as I can tell, has no unique minifigures, and simply isn't as cool to me as the dragons or the ninja vehicles from Sons of Garmadon. The main thing that might make me get that is if it can be rebuilt into booster jets for the Destiny's Bounty, but I kind of doubt it would be designed with that in mind — that's just something I think would be cool.

I'm also debating whether it's worth it for me to get the Dieselnaut. It's an EPIC set, but young wu is the only unique fig it contains as far as I can tell, and again, I'm more drawn to the sets containing dragons.

I hope the Wing can be dismantled and used to augment the Bounty too. It's pretty clear that the show version of the Bounty has significant differences to the movie version (extra booster jets both on the front-end sides, for one thing). While I doubt the parts from the Wing will be sufficient to give it the sail/wing folding capability, I hope it at least has plenty of rockets.

I'd suggest making the other sets your priority, then see if you have enough cash and display room left for the Dieselnaut. It's how I judge my purchases.

So far I plan on buying most of the sets (including the Oni Titan from season 8) minus the flyers and Destiny's Wing. One of the things that confuses me is, why are Dareth and Mistake in a set from The Lego Ninjago Movie, when it would have made more sense to have the Fuchsia Ninja and the Narwhale Soldier, don't get me wrong I like them in the set, but with them In the set why not just make it a regular Ninjago set from season 8 with SoG and civilian clothes Harumi.

I'm clearly not the only one who let out a big meh on seeing a clear pic of Docks.

Yes, another 16 minifigs and we get neither the missing Narwhal or even a couple of burnt Shark Army generals (yes I know they're not canon for this set but still...). And from what I can see, whilst the bamboo dock itself looks nice, the rest of the build just seems to lack any sense of well, fun...never mind wow factor.

It could have been so much better, but in a perverse silver lining way, I'm glad given the rumoured price of 2500kr.

An easy pass.

Edited by Lucarex

Glad to finally see some higher resolution pics of the City Docks. It's a bit disappointing not to have another set with comparable level of detail and comparable height to the NC but otherwise, it's certainly a nice set. I look forward to see some images of the interior. Am I the only one to see that the leaked picture have 7-12 age range and this one has 12+? The box art has some differences as well... :wacko:

1 hour ago, Rookie875 said:

Hopefully the 300$ price point is incorrect.

I hope so. I just can't see anything worth 300$ here...