2 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Is that Nya the same one from the throne room set?

The torso, legs, and face are the only difference is she does not include her mask here in the Oni Titan set

The Oni Titan is atrocious, possibly the worst Ninjago set ever. Docks on the other hand looks great, 3500+ pieces (Anyone know the official piece count) isn't too bad for it. 

I was just wondering why Garmadon was missing from this wave, given they made a big deal of bringing him back - I’m happy they rectified that with our second set that actually takes place in Ninjago (versus the other sets that are focused on the First Realm). As far as the build goes, I like the tread elements used for the chain skirt, but the rest is pretty bland - shame that all the figures can be found elsewhere (Lloyd’s “unique” mask is really just the SOG one with a black bottom, which if you own any of the Ninjago movie sets you should have a spare of).

Oni Titan’s torso is way too long. Don’t like the looks of it. Also I think that Garmadon has a different torso from the one in The Temple of Resurrection.

Ninjago Docks looks plain. Too much empty space, at least, compared to Ninjago City. And seriously? No Fuschia Ninja?

13 minutes ago, Bobathan Buan said:

The Oni Titan is atrocious, possibly the worst Ninjago set ever. Docks on the other hand looks great, 3500+ pieces (Anyone know the official piece count) isn't too bad for it. 

U got pretty close to the piece count but it’s apparently 3553

Well I think the Oni Titan looks fabulous! It's definitely not normal human proportions but to me that just makes it look more imposing and otherworldly. Great to see Nya finally getting the boomerang blade from back when she was Samurai X, as well! Don't know if I'll get the set since it doesn't really have any exclusive figs from the looks of it, but that's often the case with store exclusives.

Apparently the Ninjago City Docks were also available early at Legoland Billund, so I'm hoping we'll get clearer pictures of the front and back (if not the entire thing out of box) before long...

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There might be a new baby body mold for the docks 

What do you mean? I can't tell from the picture, but I'd say it's the same baby from the trailer. The one Lloyd was holding while fighting the shark army. He didn't seem to have anything special that would require a new mold

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Oni Titan set looks meh, IMO. When he appeared in the season 9 finale, I was wondering why they didn't just reuse the Ninjago Movie one. And know I now: They were going to include it in a set

Edited by Robert8

The Ninjago City Docks set looks great, though I'm rather disappointed that there's no sign of the Fuchsia Ninja or the Narwhal Soldier.

wow, this came out of nowwhere! With all the leaks, I will continue my bad habit of reloading certain sites :grin:

If you consider the low piece count (for "the real thing" they would have needed at least 800 pieces..) I think this is great! After all it's supposed to be messy, stony-organic.

I just dislike that they kind of reuse the same 3 figures from a cheaper set. another kid Wu (in babyform) or Ultra Violet would have made more sense than Harumi here.

This is certainly a surprise! I like the inclusion of resurrected Garmadon in a cheaper set. The only real problem I have with the main model is that the shoulders are too low. It looks weird.

Also, I noticed that if we take into account all of the set numbers, number 70656 has not been used yet, while 70655 (dragon den) and 70657 (Ninjago city docks) have. This is probably another retail exclusive, hopefully a full size ice dragon.

36 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

wow, this came out of nowwhere! With all the leaks, I will continue my bad habit of reloading certain sites :grin:

If you consider the low piece count (for "the real thing" they would have needed at least 800 pieces..) I think this is great! After all it's supposed to be messy, stony-organic.

I just dislike that they kind of reuse the same 3 figures from a cheaper set. another kid Wu (in babyform) or Ultra Violet would have made more sense than Harumi here.

Agreed, mostly.

Contrary to what others are saying I also like the design of the Oni titan, it also looks like a good part pack, but I see the disappointment with the figure selection though from this I'm guessing that it sticks around for most of season nine so with the season 9 Lloyd and Nya included I'm guessing the set represents after wu has left, thought Ultraviolet would have been a nice inclusion what I'd have liked is a mask of hatred stonified Harumi but both also would have been good.

28 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

This is certainly a surprise! I like the inclusion of resurrected Garmadon in a cheaper set. The only real problem I have with the main model is that the shoulders are too low. It looks weird.

Also, I noticed that if we take into account all of the set numbers, number 70656 has not been used yet, while 70655 (dragon den) and 70657 (Ninjago city docks) have. This is probably another retail exclusive, hopefully a full size ice dragon.

Set 70656 is the garmadon garmadon garmadon Set from this year 

One thing they could’ve done is include Mask of Hatred Harumi since she used it more than Ultraviolet did and it keep The Quiet One Harumi variant (that’s what I’m calling this version in the throne room and this set) exclusive.

The LEGO Ninjago Movie Ninjago City Docks (70657)

As we can see here Mystake doesn't have her recoloured padme hair from season 8 which is a shame.

3 hours ago, saysonder said:

Also I think that Garmadon has a different torso from the one in The Temple of Resurrection.

Uh.. the purple ooze is gone? Can't really tell the difference

Is......Dareth in City Docks!?!?!?!?

:o

Just now, Quinton1721 said:

Same hair.

Maybe same head.

And Ninja Robe

1 hour ago, GarmaFan said:

Uh.. the purple ooze is gone? Can't really tell the difference

Hey, you're right. They did give Garmadon a new print sans purple resurrection ooze. 

Which means that literally the only thing about that set that is exclusive is a version of Garmadon with a "slightly" different torso that is identical except without all the purple. Yeeeeeeah . . . forgive me if that doesn't make me change my mind about how horrible that set is. 

As far as I'm concerned, my collection exists in an alternate universe where Garmadon used his Master of Destruction True Potential whatever to create the Garmadon Mecha Man like was in the movie, rather than . . that thing. Seriously. At least the mechanical shark with legs seated two. And I desperately hope that "give Garmadon a retail exclusive giant set in the summer wave" is a trend that ends here. 

6 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

The Ninjago City Docks set looks great, though I'm rather disappointed that there's no sign of the Fuchsia Ninja or the Narwhal Soldier.

Oh you're right! The Narwhal guy is missing!

Can't believe they even made different color versions of other soldiers but didn't include the Narwhal at all

2 hours ago, Quinton1721 said:

Same hair.

Maybe same head.

And Ninja Robe

It looks like the same head from the Airjitzu Temple....kinda disappointing. 

It's a shame. I'm really not feeling the City Docks. Don't like the overall shape. Seems to lack creativity. It's not as colourful or unique as Ninjago City and minifigure selection is very poor.