18 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

From what I can tell, when you add boost to the Stormbringer, the Dragon gets heavily modified, the villain shown is the minion for the four the villains seen in the calendar (Girl with a glider and a MoHawk, Guy with a Top hat, Four legged ponytail guy and the last one looks kind of like the minion combined with Ronin).

It is modified. You can see the Boost colours built onto the dragon; it's a noticeable difference in the colour of the scales. While I am morbidly curious about what the Boost parts actually do, it is so not worth it when the end result looks so horrible. 

It makes the dragon walk and swing its tail, also the dragon is $40 dollars.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned before, but Jay has a new type of dagger that fits in deepstone armor. Looks great.

Edited by benderisgreat

Those weapons! :wub: They actually did it!! They made a short katana and an super short katana (forgive my ignorance on the correct Japanese terms)! I know we had a discussion about them back when we first saw Lloyd's Chinese dao, with an infographic provided by @Aanchir IIRC. Love that hand-held scythe! The Dragon hilt looks just like how it should look, but I'm a little worried that it doesn't have a bar attachment point in the dragon mouth, as seen in the show... 

The villain's brings some cool parts and prints, though the torso is a big mess. For the ninja, I miss the more organic and less juniorizised styling that they have had in the past, most notably for the Deepstone, Zukin and Hands of Time variations.

17 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Ninjas suits are amazing, they are like from season 8, but upgraded. Villain looks great.

I get the idea that the season 8 ninja get sent to a new realm and use armor scraps to upgrade the suits, I like the idea of the series having closer links , maybe season 8 will end on a cliffhanger. 

6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I get the idea that the season 8 ninja get sent to a new realm and use armor scraps to upgrade the suits, I like the idea of the series having closer links , maybe season 8 will end on a cliffhanger. 

Probably they will open a portal to the realm of oni and dragons, Lloyd and Nya will stay in Ninjago. You can notice that only Lloyd and Nya have Wu-Cru symbol on their suits.

Is it just me or does the spike piece on the villain’s staff look like it could be useful to make a more show accurate version of the Samurai X helmet from Season 1 and 2

1 hour ago, Sr1847 said:

Is it just me or does the spike piece on the villain’s staff look like it could be useful to make a more show accurate version of the Samurai X helmet from Season 1 and 2

If it were in gold. Then maybe. But it looks too big for the helmet.

16 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

If it were in gold. Then maybe. But it looks too big for the helmet.

We are going to get it in gold, so no problem.

It's certainly an interesting concept and I appreciate that they're willing to try new things, but the end product looks stubby and awkward. I think Boost would have integrated better as some sort of "rolling fortress" instead of a dragon.

3 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

The Dragon Boost in Action:

It reminds me a lot of How to Your Dragon for some reason probably because it actually seems alive and like an actual creature, but I still don’t like the look of it with the boost on it

Edited by Sr1847

Hmm... the dragon has grown on me somewhat after seeing the video of it in action. I only wish it had an extra feature of large, flapping wings...

I get that it has the Boost on it. That's a pretty dandy feature. It still looks off, though.

Even so, I'm going all out and will probably get it regardless 

21 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

I get that it has the Boost on it. That's a pretty dandy feature. It still looks off, though.

Even so, I'm going all out and will probably get it regardless 

With boost? If you want the Stormbringer set with boost, you have to buy boost starter set.

I found this quite interesting, It was recorded in 2017 but still applies here and I wasn't sure where you would see it.

Some the answers are cleared because Lego is a for profit business though but he doesn't want to admit it.

Spoiler

I am glad to hear that they want to make pink Zane. 

So, do we have any confirmation as to if Harumi will be in at least one set in the Summer wave? Because I was looking at the prelim images again, and I noticed that, in the War Rig/Dieselnaut set, the figure in the very middle looks very much like Hutchins. 

This is important because I have every intention of getting the Summer stuff, but since S.O.G. Headquarters is there to function as, well, a Headquarters for the S.O.G., and I get the feeling that the Temple of Resurrection will stop being relevant after the S8 finale, plus Garmadon is definitely coming in the S9 wave, therefore the only reason I have to get the Temple of Resurrection is for the exclusive characters. And if they're not exclusive . . then I have no reason to drop $75 on a set that'll be redundant by July. Thoughts, everyone?

Edited by Feng-huang0296

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, do we have any confirmation as to if Harumi will be in at least one set in the Summer wave? Because I was looking at the prelim images again, and I noticed that, in the War Rig/Dieselnaut set, the figure in the very middle looks very much like Hutchins. 

This is important because I have every intention of getting the Summer stuff, but since S.O.G. Headquarters is there to function as, well, a Headquarters for the S.O.G., and I get the feeling that the Temple of Resurrection will stop being relevant after the S8 finale, plus Garmadon is definitely coming in the S9 wave, therefore the only reason I have to get the Temple of Resurrection is for the exclusive characters. And if they're not exclusive . . then I have no reason to drop $75 on a set that'll be redundant by July. Thoughts, everyone?

There is some indication that Harumi, or someone with similar coloring appears in the Throne Room Showdown set. That set also appears to contain Samurai X and Skylar and a pair of bad guys. 

Edit; Don't for get that they do sometimes hold a key set from the finale back to the next wave. Remember we didn't get the Lighthouse set until Day of the Dead, even though it was a Sky Pirates set. just to help avoid spoiling the end of the season. 

Edited by Faefrost

19 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

With boost? If you want the Stormbringer set with boost, you have to buy boost starter set.

No, not with the Boost. Season 9's sets look mostly solid is my point (plus all the new weapons, etc.)

17 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

We haven't got any confirmatiom. She wasn't on any of the preliminary pics of the sets.

18 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We haven't got any confirmatiom. She wasn't on any of the preliminary pics of the sets.

She's rumored to be in the throne room set, as there's a green-skirted, white haired character sitting dead center. We don't have clear pictures though, so there's no determining whether or not she has a new hair mold/different prints.

I don’t know what they found the this out but in The TTV’s recent brickfeed episode (which was live streamed and it’s not archived yet) they said the stormbringer will have 2 books in it; one for boost and one for the actual stormbringer set without boost