Well, I mean the retailer catalogs said they arrive in June. That's 1HY, so...

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

According to the press release for ny toy fair, it seems we will see the ninjago season 9 sets at the toy fair after all

There have been some blurry pics leaked. They look pretty good. Hard to make out any real details beyond a few really nice dragons. The largest set has a kind of badlands or cave feel to it. A lot of light tan. Hard to judge minifigs in anything since most were placeholders. There did seem to be a small-mid sized set that featured Skylar and Samurai X in a small temple of some sort. 

Edit, oh and instead of the ground spinners it looks like there are a new flying Dragon spinner. It was hard to tell in pics, but they look like the Airjitsu ones, but with wings that deploy. 

Edited by Faefrost
To add spinners.

Boost appears to be an add-on pack. And it's been confirmed that's the only summer set on display.

Edited by bricksnator

35 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They also say the set comes out in April 

April, huh? Is that the earliest summer sets have been made available? Wonder if there’s anything else they have in store for the August release timeframe.

And yeah, the Boost integration with that dragon is really poor. At least make it have flapping wings or something... and the color scheme doesn’t match at all. Hoping the actual set (minus Boost) is better.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

April, huh? Is that the earliest summer sets have been made available? Wonder if there’s anything else they have in store for the August release timeframe.

And yeah, the Boost integration with that dragon is really poor. At least make it have flapping wings or something... and the color scheme doesn’t match at all. Hoping the actual set (minus Boost) is better.

After looking into it the one at toy fair is either a prototype or an entirely different set made for boost and there will be one for the Actual Ninjago line 

Credit to Prototype from Ninja_Whip’s instagram story: 

https://www.instagram.com/ninja_whip

There is a picture taking a look at Zane and jays suits from season 9 and I have to say I love each suit. Also there was a picture of the set name and release date. It is dated 6/1/18 so these sets come out in June it seems in the us 

Edited by Falconfan1414

5 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-new-york-toy-fair-2018-set-images/ 

An official image of the Stormbringer dragon has shown up due to toy fair. I don’t know if it’s because it has Lego Boost on it but that dragon looks horrible :sick: I can only hope it has boost on it and it looks way better without it

No. No no no no no that mockery of a mech is not going anywhere near my collection of dragons!

2 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

After looking into it the one at toy fair is either a prototype or an entirely different set made for boost and there will be one for the Actual Ninjago line 

Oh, thank goodness. I was worried there for a second. Makes me very happy that I still have Jay's lightning dragon from 2016.

2 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

It's a combination model of the Stormbringer Dragon set and the LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox set. So the default build of the Stormbringer Dragon on its own will look different.

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I was wrong the sets are coming out in August in the United States 

What about the UK?? will they come out in june in the UK?

1 minute ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

What about the UK?? will they come out in june in the UK?

No idea about that but apparently we are getting a new little sword mold in this line of sets as well

I love minifigures from this set. Ninjas suits are amazing, they are like from season 8, but upgraded. Villain looks great.

I know boost is just an addition, but dragon looks so awful with boost :sick:

3 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

Yeah, I saw the leaks for the Stormbringer Dragon main set, it was just a bit hard to make out the details - that's why I mentioned I was hoping the non-combo model looks ok.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think we don't know, I guess we just have to wait.

6 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

will they show the other sets?? or that is it ?

That was all that was shown; the only reason it was there was because it was in the Boost section, not Ninjago. Most of the summer sets were not on display as Lego has their own, in-house toy fair now and won’t be showcasing many sets at the normal toy fairs anymore.

That oni or whatever he is guy looks sick. Jay and Zane's suits and weapons too. Looks like I'm saving my money for a while. Not sure how to feel about the Stormbringer. 

15 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-new-york-toy-fair-2018-set-images/ 

An official image of the Stormbringer dragon has shown up due to toy fair. I don’t know if it’s because it has Lego Boost on it but that dragon looks horrible :sick: I can only hope it has boost on it and it looks way better without it

I think that's just a horrible angle on the set. There are leaked prelim box pictures floating around out there and it looks much much better.

25 minutes ago, Boogly22238 said:

That oni or whatever he is guy looks sick. Jay and Zane's suits and weapons too. Looks like I'm saving my money for a while. Not sure how to feel about the Stormbringer. 

Just now, Faefrost said:

I think that's just a horrible angle on the set. There are leaked prelim box pictures floating around out there and it looks much much better.

Keep in mind that that is what the Stormbringer Dragon looks like combined with BOOST.

The actual set without the BOOST looks quite different than what was on display at NYTF

Edited by Penkid11

7 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

will they show the other sets?? or that is it ?

There are some leaked preliminary catalog photos floating around out there, which we obviously can't post here. I think the Strombringer is the only one they showed off in the brick.

From what I can tell, when you add boost to the Stormbringer, the Dragon gets heavily modified, the villain shown is the minion for the four the villains seen in the calendar (Girl with a glider and a MoHawk, Guy with a Top hat, Four legged ponytail guy and the last one looks kind of like the minion combined with Ronin).