So we're looking at an Assembly Square price range? Damn, I really want to like this set but I can't get behind that price no matter how nice the other side looks.

Is this actually a D2C set?

Because I don't recall any other D2C sets being in a prems catalog

Actually, why would be a D2C set in a prems catalog? 

IMO, this looks to be like the equivalent to The LEGO Batman Movie Arkham Asylum set rather than another D2C

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Is this actually a D2C set?

Because I don't recall any other D2C sets being in a prems catalog

Actually, why would be a D2C set in a prems catalog? 

IMO, this looks to be like the equivalent to The LEGO Batman Movie Arkham Asylum set rather than another D2C

According to Promobricks the NCD is not a D2C set. Selling for 229,99€, release in June.

Out of curiosity why does everyone say that it's 32x48? Was it revealed as such somewhere? To me, it looks like 48x48 at least, maybe even 64x64. If this is indeed the backside, the front side needs room as well.

Edited by Dardanel

3 hours ago, Drunknok said:

According to Promobricks the NCD is not a D2C set. Selling for 229,99€, release in June.

Thanks. Yeah, that explains a lot

So, each LEGO Movie gets olny one D2C

Hmmm, Ninjago City was the first Ninjago Set I bought because of its amazing design. Hearing that there would be a sequel set for me really excited, but this doesn’t really capture what was great about the prior set to me. The mix of designs and now-Tokyo look of the last set was very appealing, but this has virtually none of that.

ill wait to see official picture of both sides before making my mind up on purchasing though.

Unless I'm forgetting something, that makes it the most expensive non-D2C set ever followed by the Solo Falcon which is around $180.

I just don't get LEGO's intent behind this set at all. Its way too expensive for kids or parents to even consider (almost 2× any other big set on the shelf) and on top of that is from a year-old movie that didn't actually do very well.

On the plus side, clearance!

Edited by Megaflora

11 minutes ago, Megaflora said:

Unless I'm forgetting something, that makes it the most expensive non-D2C set ever followed by the Solo Falcon which is around $180.

I just don't get LEGO's intent behind this set at all. Its way too expensive for kids or parents to even consider (almost 2× any other big set on the shelf) and on top of that is from a year-old movie that didn't actually do very well.

If it is in the $200–$250 price range, then plenty of motorized/electronic sets have been as expensive or more, such as monorails, Mindstorms, and the Technic Bucket Wheel Excavator and All-Terrain Tow Truck. Plus, just because the movie didn't do well doesn't mean the merchandise didn't. If Destiny's Bounty sold well enough at the $160 price point and Ninjago City at the $300 price point, that could certainly give LEGO the confidence to release a set that falls somewhere in between.

Looking at the picture of Ninjago City Docks, I've noticed its wider than Ninjago City and the blue building continues the walk way in front of the Ninjago City comic book store and has stairs leading to the ground floor.

34 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Looking at the picture of Ninjago City Docks, I've noticed its wider than Ninjago City and the blue building continues the walk way in front of the Ninjago City comic book store and has stairs leading to the ground floor.

Its 32x48 footprint (counted it) :) And yep u 're right, it connects to the side of NC where commic book store is. So that confirms its portraited from behind. I am eager to see more detailed pictures and what functions or interiors will be there. Hope at least for 2-3 normal apartments, and some surprise with minifigs...possibly Princess of NC :)

57 minutes ago, Megaflora said:

I don’t know about other countries, but the Ghostbusters Firehouse is available at Toys R Us and John Lewis. Would that make it not D2C?

There's no doubt that it's a nice build, but that price is WAY out of proportion for this thing. Compared to Ninjago City, it really doesn't look like it gives you the right amount of value for that huge amount of money - very strange that this set is being produced. I think the price range of a regular modular building would be much more suited to the Docks. I'm genuinely interested in how this set will perform.

4 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Its 32x48 footprint (counted it) :) And yep u 're right, it connects to the side of NC where commic book store is. So that confirms its portraited from behind. I am eager to see more detailed pictures and what functions or interiors will be there. Hope at least for 2-3 normal apartments, and some surprise with minifigs...possibly Princess of NC :)

Being 32x48, I think it would be a fantastic solution if the Ninjago Dockyards could be split up in two sections (16x32 + 32x32) - one attached to each side of the Ninjago City. Otherwise, they will have to release a third part of the city, so my minifigs can actually access the ground floor Ninjago City elevator without swimming.

Judging from the leaked image, it doesn't exactly look like it will split in two, but the set does have this conspicuous straight line running through it, between the lower, grey staircase with the white minifig and the fruit vendor building - incidentally around the 15-16 stud line from the left. Also, there seems to be a small grey arch in the water, just behind/beneath the brown/sand pillar to the left, at a point which seems to fit with connecting it to the "elevator side" of Ninjago City.

At least it would be a cool idea, I think :) Looking forward to some official pictures from other angles!

2 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

did i hear someone says new ninjago sets could come out in may?? 

They come out in June. But sometimes Lego sets have earlier releases, so they can come out at the end of May.

I think I know why Ninjago City Docks seem like its not a fair price:

#1 It came after Ninjago City which probably should have cost $400, but Lego was feeling generous with the price per part and the minifigs for that set, so they sold it for $ 300.

#2 Ninjago City Docks is wider than Ninjago City, so rather than going upward, it goes outward. 

#3 (speculation) its price per part and minifigure count both seem about right for a set this size.

Ninjago City's price-to-piece ratio was great but it wasn't really much different then the other non-licensed D2C sets released last year. It just had a lot more minifigures.

Perhaps the price we’ve been leaked is just not accurate, and it will turn out to be a lot less? I remember people saying the UCS Millenium Falcon would be £750, but if was £100 less than that.

Multiple sources from the toy fair said 229.99€ was the price they we're by the people presenting it.

I don't ever intend to buy the ninjago city set as im not really a modular person im more of a playset person myself but I expect the city set next to the city docks to be huge

im so stoked for the upcoming summer wave sets ill probably be buying them all

23 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Just bought Ninjago City in preparation for the Docks. Between that purchase, The Docks, and the rumored Harry Potter sets...it’s gonna be an expensive years. 

Yup, so many great sets