From what we know so far, paired with some hopeful-yet-logical thinking, I'd say NCD is similar to UCS Hoth yet still is constrained to a (or a few) baseplates. The set takes up more volume, yet is not as massive as the City. For buildings, I'd think we would get a section of the school to connect the docks and the city, the pilates studio, and a few other miscellaneous shops. Of course, a large dock section would take up some space with perhaps the Ninja's base. The warehouse could have mini mechs and perhaps even some arcade machines and Nya's bike. I think we will also see the school's cheerleaders, the Narwhal, and the fuchsia ninja. 

2 hours ago, MasterofElements said:

From what we know so far, paired with some hopeful-yet-logical thinking, I'd say NCD is similar to UCS Hoth yet still is constrained to a (or a few) baseplates. The set takes up more volume, yet is not as massive as the City. For buildings, I'd think we would get a section of the school to connect the docks and the city, the pilates studio, and a few other miscellaneous shops. Of course, a large dock section would take up some space with perhaps the Ninja's base. The warehouse could have mini mechs and perhaps even some arcade machines and Nya's bike. I think we will also see the school's cheerleaders, the Narwhal, and the fuchsia ninja. 

If it did have the Ninja’s base I just hope it has the lockers they enter  the base in whenever they have to go save the day from Garmadon during school hours

45 minutes ago, Sr1847 said:

If it did have the Ninja’s base I just hope it has the lockers they enter  the base in whenever they have to go save the day from Garmadon during school hours

I would hope that it might include Nya's motorcycle, since it was conspicuously absent from all the other sets despite having special attention called to it in the movie!

37 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I would hope that it might include Nya's motorcycle, since it was conspicuously absent from all the other sets despite having special attention called to it in the movie!

I hear that, they could have at least have put it in the Bounty. 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I hear that, they could have at least have put it in the Bounty. 

Eh, I wouldn't say that... that set was already an exceptionally good value for money and would not really make sense as part of the set (there's nowhere on the ship to store it or other context to justify its inclusion, not even Nya in her civilian garb). This set seems like it'd be a much better fit, especially if it includes Nya in her street clothes (and considering Kai and Lloyd appeared in the regular Ninjago City set in street clothes, Nya appearing again in the docks set seems like not too much of a stretch).

I'm a little disappointed that the docks won't be a true modular but that also lets them go crazy with cool builds that wouldn't fit in the normal modular line. 

It could also just end up being two main sections that can connect or be attached to either side of the city.

I expect to see the remaining three ninjas, but not having seen the movie I don't know if there are any new outfits they could be given. 

So was I the only one who saw Zussamengebaut mention that, apparently, LEGO Boost can be combined with the Stormbringer Dragon? I don't quite see how that would work, but I can say that I'm intrigued, and listening.

6 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

So was I the only one who saw Zussamengebaut mention that, apparently, LEGO Boost can be combined with the Stormbringer Dragon? I don't quite see how that would work, but I can say that I'm intrigued, and listening.

I saw that there and it got me excited :D I happen to have Boost, so I can't wait to see how they'll mix "regular" sets with it - especially Ninjago.

Does the lack of a detailed description of the Ninjago City Dock imply that it wasn't shown at all at the toy fair, either physically or a as photo, and at most was only mentioned on during a presentation in the form of some bullet points on a slide?

7 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

That's... weird. :wacko:

Well, nonetheless, color me intrigued too.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Pictures of the docks have leaked

Am I the only one who think the set looks quite underwhelming?

It doesn't look like a $300 set. It looks way smaller and far less detailed than Ninjago City.

I can't see how it will connect to Ninjago City in a good way either.

But perhaps there is more to the set than what we see on the front of the box.

It's a "meh" from me. 

(First ever post) am I the only person that is thinking that this is the back? The wood “planks” look similar to the ones that form the back triangle of dock in the city...

1 minute ago, jklaw15 said:

(First ever post) am I the only person that is thinking that this is the back? The wood “planks” look similar to the ones that form the back triangle of dock in the city...

But why would the "back" of the set be on the front of the box?

I can't think of another set that where this has been the case...

Edit: oh and welcome to the Eurobricks forums! :classic:

Edited by Bantha Fodder

Is just looks like it fits that way, also the floating cherry blossom in the top corner of the docks look like it would be near the tree growing out of the city

3 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Can I ask where to find it, I've checked all the usual suspects. 

It's on the "usual" place - the name of the set is "The Dockyards". 

7 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

It's on the "usual" place - the name of the set is "The Dockyards". 

Ah thanks, mariopower has so many accounts that I lose count.

The minifig line up is a copy of ninjago city, I can tell its a place holder but does that mean that there will be the same amount of minifigs as ninjago city? (Sorry if this is already common knowledge and I missed it)

Edited by Agent Kallus

Hm....it looks interesting and seems to capture the lower Level of Ninjago City with a less cyberpunk looking Designand more traditional.Kinda reminds me of Episode 2 from the new Ninjago Season where Lloyd and "Rumi" share Food with the less fortunate.

The mini figures at the bottom are the same as the ones in the city...

never mind, saw the placeholder part

Edited by jklaw15