1 hour ago, Killian said:

I'm no expert, but I wasn't expecting the transformation feature to do this....   IHXIhmU.jpg

Please only use official Lego dynamite  pieces and not versions found in local quarries.

-Lego customer services

Edited by DrasticPlastic

On 1/17/2018 at 7:23 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

Did anyone like the movie who never saw the show?

I miss Titanium Zane already. 

Almost certainly. While critics and adults may not have enjoyed it so much, kids are usually easier to please. If they weren't, then the Emoji Movie (which has a much lower Rotten Tomatoes score) wouldn't have been anywhere near as successful as it was. Also, bear in mind that ANY major new piece of Ninjago media is probably many kids' introduction to Ninjago.

I've seen nothing to indicate Titanium Zane is going away. After all, he's the only one of the ninja in the Sons of Garmadon sets who LEGO created an entirely new face for (rather than simply reusing his movie face across all sets). And we can definitely see he's still using the titanium version of his face on one of the new LEGO Life "That's Ninja" stickers that show the ninja's summer 2018 outfits. I do hope that in a future wave we get Zane's new hair piece in Silver Metallic to go with the new face!

18 hours ago, Bobathan Buan said:

The head on Jay's dragon looks awkward, maybe it's just the angle

16 hours ago, Dardanel said:

It indeed does. The print reminds me of junior's sets for some reason :/

11 hours ago, legozebra said:

Agreed. Here’s hoping it will change, as it’s nowhere near as impressive as some other heads in the past. When the Skybound sets first leaked, I recall Jay’s Dragon head was pretty different from the final product (it used Hero Factory jumper heads as nostrils, for example), but the presence of eye graphics already lead me to believe that it won’t change that much. Hope it looks better from other angles...

11 hours ago, legozebra said:

Of course, modifying sets is half the fun, but it would be nice to get a head with creative and unique building techniques from the getgo, like with the Master Wu Dragon, Green NRG Dragon, etc. Upon closer inspection Kai’s Firstbourne Dragon seems to have a similar print, which is unfortunate.

8 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

Hm. I still have all those blades! That dragon hilt, plus the sword of fire.. I need to see how that looks once these are out.

I don't like the Stormbringer's head all that much. I felt that way about the green mech dragon though, which looks wonderful. Kai's dragon has an odd head as well.

There's so many new molds

Jay's dragon's head has a shooter mounted inside the mouth (I guess to mimic a "lightning breath" attack) and I think that the simplified head design would have been done in order to incorporate that gimmick.  I can't 100% tell if Kai's dragon has a similar function, but if it did then that could explain the similar design.

The big dragon den set comes with 5 ninja it appears. Kai, Cole, Zane, jay and Lloyd (I think). 2 stray observations it looks like nya doesn’t come in any of the main sets and Zane is no longer titanium 

dragon temple: kai, Cole, jay, Zane, Lloyd 

kai’s dragon: kai, Cole 

jays dragon: jay, Zane 

Big bad guy vehicle: jay Zane 

throne room: skylar, samurai x

Kais fire jet: kai 

Edited by Falconfan1414

6 hours ago, Tahu said:

Kai's  dragon is called "Flame of Destiny" and I can tell you right now that it has a much different head build technique as it seems to be having Bohrok eyes for its eye pieces and having head articulation. As for Jay's dragon I'm not sure. The eyes seems to be stickers... and the head's shape reminds me a lot of the 2016 Speed Champion's Ford Mustang GT. And there doesn't seem to be head articulation. 

Really? I saw a clear eye print on Kai’s dragon in the recent catalogue images, so perhaps we are looking at two different things...

49 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Really? I saw a clear eye print on Kai’s dragon in the recent catalogue images, so perhaps we are looking at two different things...

Your right. Kai’s dragon uses the same printing or sticker as jays dragon

So now, that we know box sizes, prices are probably:

70650-20$, 20€

70651-20$, 20€

70652-40$, 40€

70653-80$, 80€

70654-100$, 90€

70655-160$, 170€

I think this prices are pretty accurate and reliable.

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The big dragon den set comes with 5 ninja it appears. Kai, Cole, Zane, jay and Lloyd (I think). 2 stray observations it looks like nya doesn’t come in any of the main sets and Zane is no longer titanium 

I’m pretty sure Nya in in the throne room set (in the bottom right corner)

13 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

I’m pretty sure Nya in in the throne room set (in the bottom right corner)

I think that person has 4 arms so I don’t think it’s nya 

31 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think that person has 4 arms so I don’t think it’s nya 

Does it have four arms or is it 2 minifigures, because theres 5 minifigures to that set and you can only make out 4.

On 1/21/2018 at 11:29 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

2 vehicles for Kai, he's in 3/6 sets, definitely seems like he will be the focused ninja of this wave. 

5 minutes ago, Bobathan Buan said:

2 vehicles for Kai, he's in 3/6 sets, definitely seems like he will be the focused ninja of this wave. 

I can confirm that. Remember how everyone thought the Golden Dragon Master was gonna be Lloyd? Nope. I checked the box image ornaments the prelims; the masks each show the ninjas' eyes and the art of the Golden Dragon Master one matches the Kai one. I guess Lloyd doesn't get to be a Dragon Master.

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

I can confirm that. Remember how everyone thought the Golden Dragon Master was gonna be Lloyd? Nope. I checked the box image ornaments the prelims; the masks each show the ninjas' eyes and the art of the Golden Dragon Master one matches the Kai one. I guess Lloyd doesn't get to be a Dragon Master.

You're a little late on that one, but there's no official confirmation on it yet, although this does strengthen it

1 minute ago, Bobathan Buan said:

You're a little late on that one, but there's no official confirmation on it yet, although this does strengthen it

. . Whoops.

I don’t think Kia is the golden master  for two reasons. One because in the largest set I think he is trapped in a jail cell. I can’t tell if it’s kia or Lloyd but there is definitely a ninja trapped and it’s either red or green. Also For the dragon flyers. Why would they include two flyer for the same ninja? 

42 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

I think for the dragon master boxes kai's was the template. Jay's has a scar on it that is identical to the one on kai's face. It's weird, i have no idea who the golden master could be.

What's the point of using the Kai one as a template if it's not Kai, they have a template set for every ninja including Lloyd. 

22 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think Kia is the golden master  for two reasons. One because in the largest set I think he is trapped in a jail cell. I can’t tell if it’s kia or Lloyd but there is definitely a ninja trapped and it’s either red or green. Also For the dragon flyers. Why would they include two flyer for the same ninja? 

They've done it before with the spinners, this would be the same type of deal, different version of the same ninja. Ex. Zane and Zane DX 

Edited by KaiNinjaOfFire

29 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think that is Kai (In the cage), however the image of the golden dragon master on the box suggests someone other than a ninja. The figure seems to have black eyes (which eliminates Lloyd) and grey eyebrows, possibly Sensei Wu or maybe a new character? 

Edited by Bobathan Buan

I'm guessing that Dragon Master's eyes are placeholders; at least I'm certainly hoping it isn't Kai, as making him some sort of prophesied "Chosen One" after more or less ignoring him and giving him no character development over the past several seasons would be... unfortunate. 

Can't decide if Mr E's eyes look like they have long red eyelashes suggesting he's female, or if it's just flames. 

Hothbricks reports an image of a new Ninjago 'brickmaster' book:

lego-ninjago-build-own-adventure.jpg

I think this hints pretty strongly at Nya with a water hoverbike. :wink:

Also, the images for the summer wave are very promising! So glad with all the new pieces of armour and weaponry (dragon hilts, YES!!!) and the new dragons look superb! I'm super pumped for the Toy Fair images! RIP :cry_sad:

Having finally gotten around to seeing the leaks, I'm liking the look of these sets. They remind me of Megabloks dragons in a fond manner. Probably just going to pick up Jay's dragon so I have some more pieces for making Nexo Knights MOCs.

On 1/23/2018 at 5:19 AM, legozebra said:

I'm guessing that Dragon Master's eyes are placeholders; at least I'm certainly hoping it isn't Kai, as making him some sort of prophesied "Chosen One" after more or less ignoring him and giving him no character development over the past several seasons would be... unfortunate. 

The leaked images of the Dragon Master sets seem to be very preliminary. Note that they also show the same real-life kid demoing all six, when the Spinjitzu Masters box art has a different kid demoing each.

So I guess it's time to play "Guess who's the mystery samurai!" for the third(?) time now. 

On 23/01/2018 at 5:19 AM, legozebra said:

Not only that, but a bit of the development Kai had in the earlier seasons was about accepting that he isn't the chosen one. Making him some special golden dragon master might cheapen that.

Regarding the sets, it looks like Jay's new dragon has taken inspiration from Lloyd's movie dragon, which is nice to see. The tiny 'wings' look a little odd to me, but I really like the dark blue colour scheme with yellow highlights. I can't find images of any other sets in good enough quality to form any opinions on them. Shame about Toyfair.

Also, slightly unrelated, having seen the first episode of SoG, I don't know what the point of the new face design for Zane is. They are just using his old one, and the new face doesn't match any expression the TV Zane ever makes. I don't mind the design changes on the whole, but the facial expressions on the figs seem to bug me irrationally. Maybe after a while LEGO will put out faces with the new designs with more accurate expressions.