2 hours ago, Faefrost said:

My suspicion is the Ninjago City Docks set will be a 32x32 or 32x48 set. Basically a standard modular footprint designed to connect to one of the pinned sides of the Ninjago City set. It will be another 3 layer tower set, but the canal at the bottom of City will transition to the Dock area on the lowest level. One of the outward facing sides will have a stone pier intended for you to park the Destiny’s Bounty against it. This set won’t House the DB itself, but will likely give a nice transition on a shelf between Ninjago City and the DB. The levels will, like Ninjago City, probably include some various locations from the movie and show. The school wood seem likely. I believe a Hot Dog store is in the dock area of the game. Maybe a Tea store or the Mojo Dojo? This is all complete speculation on my part. But the price hints at a 4000+ piece set and what rumors we get hint at both a “Modular” and a something intended to connect to NC. “Ninjago City Docks” May mainly refer to the district of the city. Not necessarily the core focus or build. Granted at that scale of set it could be anything. 

That sounds awesome, I enjoyed reading that. Lets hope you're not far off the mark! :wink:

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Ooh, I like that. Now that you mention it, Mr. E's eyes do look a lot like the Overlord's, something that I hadn't noticed before. It might also explain why he specifically wants the Mask of Vengeance that turns him into a master swordsman with four arms. 

Now that you mention it yea. Mr. E does have a bit of a Overlord Vibe to him. I doubt Zane's sacrifice killed the Overlord and he's just been in hiding waiting for the right moment to strike again. And

Spoiler

The recent recap mini series had a part of the digital overlord locked away in Zane's code trying to get out and control Zane. While it's likely not canon. It might be a hint and Mr.E's real identity.

On 14-1-2018 at 10:49 AM, Aanchir said:

Just an FYI for people who are concerned about Lady Iron Dragon’s quality: I was at the LEGO store yesterday and the Lady Iron Dragon keychains have REALLY good quality face printing. This seems to continue the established trend of Chinese-made minifigures being much better about printing on black than those made elsewhere (check out The Brothers Brick’s Quake Mech review where they compare her with other figs with yellow-on-black printing — basically every CMF has better color quality whereas non-Chinese prints like Batman’s emblem are just as bad as Lady Iron Dragon’s face)

Anywho, this means the keychain is an option for a better face print for people who don’t mind modding those.

Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea there are minifigures that actually have good light on dark printing. However, in my opinion, TLG should get this together with every factory they print their bricks on. In the end, consumers should not have to buy another minifigure (keychain) to get the definitive version of said minifigure. The yellow/white/tan printing on a dark colour is troublesome to the very least. Minifigures with great designs suffers because of this.

3 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Now that you mention it yea. Mr. E does have a bit of a Overlord Vibe to him. I doubt Zane's sacrifice killed the Overlord and he's just been in hiding waiting for the right moment to strike again. And

Hide contents

The recent recap mini series had a part of the digital overlord locked away in Zane's code trying to get out and control Zane. While it's likely not canon. It might be a hint and Mr.E's real identity.

What mini-series is this? I haven't heard about anything like that.

4 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Reveal hidden contents

Tommy Andreasen said he's never heard of the Decoded storyline. Seems weird to be working on an entire season with this crucial info, and then be unaware to what came before it.
He did get brought up to speed on it later, and said it could be canon though

Edited by gamejutzu

Just got Street Chase of Snake Jaguar set, and I’m really impressed. Usually ninjago bikes are pretty crappy, but these 2, especially Mr. E’s just work so perfectly. 

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Just got Street Chase of Snake Jaguar set, and I’m really impressed. Usually ninjago bikes are pretty crappy, but these 2, especially Mr. E’s just work so perfectly. 

Agreed both builds are pretty nice, especially Mr. E's. It's just annoying to see a $10 price increase for something which really didn't need it, even though this is the perfect wave for that type of set.

Edited by Cyclone_37

7 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

3 hours ago, Cyclone_37 said:

Agreed both builds are pretty nice, especially Mr. E's. It's just annoying to see a $10 price increase for something which really didn't need it, even though this is the perfect wave for that type of set.

Oh yeah? Damn, it's a shame I probably won't get it unless I find a good discount, as all my budget for Ninjago is going to the Temple of Resurrection, Killow vs. Samurai X, and the entire Summer wave this year, and I've already decided any leftovers will go towards the Ninja Nightcrawler so that I can have all three of the leaders of the S.O.G. Here's hoping I somehow, miraculously, end up with enough excess in my budget to get it anyway. 

Jays dragon comes with 4 figures.

jay, Zane, villain with spider legs, and another villain. jay use a new molded sword bottom piece it is the one Lloyd had in the calander. It comes with part of the golden dragon armor 

Edited by Falconfan1414

I love the look of Kai"s Dragon. ( Flame of Destiny )

Edited by Tahu

It looks like in season 9, the ninja are saving dragons from pale skinned dragon hunters (the ones on the calendar) and the collectibles for this season are the golden armor pieces.

Sets look perfect, I love Jay's Dragon set, Kai's Dragon set and Dragon Den set! Really hope Harumi is in her more casual outifit without makeup. And all the classic ninjas are minimum 2 times in sets, awesome! Jay is in three sets!

That spider legged villain looks cool. Lots of new weapons..

The gold armor looks cool too, and that huge played has a skull at the top, I like all of these.

So they're capturing/enslaving dragons after all

1 hour ago, Bobathan Buan said:

The head on Jay's dragon looks awkward, maybe it's just the angle

It indeed does. The print reminds me of junior's sets for some reason :/

2 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

That spider legged villain looks cool. Lots of new weapons..

The gold armor looks cool too, and that huge played has a skull at the top, I like all of these.

So they're capturing/enslaving dragons after all

Oh yessssss. The catalogue included a good, clear picture of the Stormbringer Dragon, and . . . Remember, back in The Final Battle, when they had the elemental swords? How the hilts were dragon-shaped?

WE'RE GETTING SPECIAL DRAGON-SHAPED HILT PIECES! As well as brand new elemental blade moulds that look really sleek and smooth, not all jagged like the last ones! I think we're finally gonna find out what happened to those elemental swords!

Based on the way the box is shown for the Ninjago City Docks, I would say its probably the same amount of pieces, but rather than going upward, it goes outward, it still most likely connects to Ninjago City though.

6 hours ago, Bobathan Buan said:

The head on Jay's dragon looks awkward, maybe it's just the angle

Agreed. Here’s hoping it will change, as it’s nowhere near as impressive as some other heads in the past. When the Skybound sets first leaked, I recall Jay’s Dragon head was pretty different from the final product (it used Hero Factory jumper heads as nostrils, for example), but the presence of eye graphics already lead me to believe that it won’t change that much. Hope it looks better from other angles...

9 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Agreed. Here’s hoping it will change, as it’s nowhere near as impressive as some other heads in the past. When the Skybound sets first leaked, I recall Jay’s Dragon head was pretty different from the final product (it used Hero Factory jumper heads as nostrils, for example), but the presence of eye graphics already lead me to believe that it won’t change that much. Hope it looks better from other angles...

Well, it's always possible to just modify it. I did that to the 2016 Lightning Dragon, after all. (Added some horns and used some spare lightning blade parts to give it giant, awesome 'eyebrows'.)

4 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Well, it's always possible to just modify it. I did that to the 2016 Lightning Dragon, after all. (Added some horns and used some spare lightning blade parts to give it giant, awesome 'eyebrows'.)

Of course, modifying sets is half the fun, but it would be nice to get a head with creative and unique building techniques from the getgo, like with the Master Wu Dragon, Green NRG Dragon, etc. Upon closer inspection Kai’s Firstbourne Dragon seems to have a similar print, which is unfortunate.

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh yessssss. The catalogue included a good, clear picture of the Stormbringer Dragon, and . . . Remember, back in The Final Battle, when they had the elemental swords? How the hilts were dragon-shaped?

WE'RE GETTING SPECIAL DRAGON-SHAPED HILT PIECES! As well as brand new elemental blade moulds that look really sleek and smooth, not all jagged like the last ones! I think we're finally gonna find out what happened to those elemental swords!

Hm. I still have all those blades! That dragon hilt, plus the sword of fire.. I need to see how that looks once these are out.

I don't like the Stormbringer's head all that much. I felt that way about the green mech dragon though, which looks wonderful. Kai's dragon has an odd head as well.

There's so many new molds

7 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Exactly this. :excited:

7 hours ago, legozebra said:

Of course, modifying sets is half the fun, but it would be nice to get a head with creative and unique building techniques from the getgo, like with the Master Wu Dragon, Green NRG Dragon, etc. Upon closer inspection Kai’s Firstbourne Dragon seems to have a similar print, which is unfortunate.

Kai's  dragon is called "Flame of Destiny" and I can tell you right now that it has a much different head build technique as it seems to be having Bohrok eyes for its eye pieces and having head articulation. As for Jay's dragon I'm not sure. The eyes seems to be stickers... and the head's shape reminds me a lot of the 2016 Speed Champion's Ford Mustang GT. And there doesn't seem to be head articulation.