Brick Fanatics had an article about this being added to Brickset's database.

Brickset - 70657 Ninjago City Docks

6 hours ago, Brick Lover said:

70654 Dieselnaut Battle Vehicle

Dieselnaut? Is that a newly invented word, or is it French for something? Some of those other set names are indeed in French, but this one at least has "Battle Vehicle" in English.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Brick Fanatics had an article about this being added to Brickset's database.

Brickset - 70657 Ninjago City Docks

Dieselnaut? Is that a newly invented word, or is it French for something? Some of those other set names are indeed in French, but this one at least has "Battle Vehicle" in English.

It is a proper name.

Just now, Brick Lover said:

It is a proper name.

For a character? Or perhaps that's just the name of the battle rig?

Nonetheless, that name makes me wonder if designers do have the Dieselpunk genre in mind when designing this wave, as some had suggested earlier.

Did you saw it?

Oh yes I did, but in my opinion, those guys look more like grunge, post-apocalyptic (think Mad Max) with a touch of Steampunk.

Dieselpunk more veers either towards the brighter, more optimistic World Fair look of Decopunk, or toward the hyperbolic look of Weird WWII, an alternate historical genre.

Psst, I'd remove that Instagram post if I were you, as it's technically a leaked image.

15 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh yes I did, but in my opinion, those guys look more like grunge, post-apocalyptic (think Mad Max) with a touch of Steampunk.

Dieselpunk more veers either towards the brighter, more optimistic World Fair look of Decopunk, or toward the hyperbolic look of Weird WWII, an alternate historical genre.

Psst, I'd remove that Instagram post if I were you, as it's technically a leaked image.

Yes, you're right. I didn't say they're good just shared it. Anyway, I don't like them.

Yes, you're right. I didn't say they're good just shared it. Anyway, I don't like them.

They don't necessarily bug me, but the Post-Apocalyptic genre just isn't my thing. But, I am happy for those who will be repurposing these for Post-Apocalyptic creations, as I believe these figure designs have strayed closest to the genre, so far that is.

On 2017. 12. 29. at 8:02 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

They don't necessarily bug me, but the Post-Apocalyptic genre just isn't my thing. But, I am happy for those who will be repurposing these for Post-Apocalyptic creations, as I believe these figure designs have strayed closest to the genre, so far that is.

Yeah.

70657 Ninjago® City Docks

Pcs: 4-digit number

Minifigures: 15

I noticed that the age is x-yz, not 16+.

Edited by Brick Lover

Was just at toys r us and they had a few of the new sets out, Temple of Resurrection was one of them. Also got to see the volcano lair from the movie series up close for the first time (and Architecture Shanghai is on the shelves a little early as well). 

22 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Not that that's hard. After all this time, the ninja have to be approaching thirty. Or at least twenty-five. 

Nah, ninja are supposed to be eternally teenagers. Hagemans have gone on record saying the show wouldn't work if they "had dad-bods".

Just now, Boogly22238 said:

Maybe I'm blind but the red dragon looks like it has fabric wings.

Nope, it definitely does, which is brilliant. Fabric wings are always good. 

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

https://twitter.com/AndrewBarnick/status/946785335563997184

So getting back on the subject of sets that are already out... the new spinners have some nifty Technic compatibility I wasn't expecting. I wonder if we might see these used as wheels or something in a future set.

What a neat find! That’s gotta be on purpose. I’m interested to see future uses of these parts!

7 minutes ago, Bobathan Buan said:

They are also compatible with some tires (As seen above)

Interesting idea. But It's definitely not perfect as the top part can still easily get scratched 

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I wonder if we might see these used as wheels or something in a future set.

If these spinner wheels can fit Technic motorcycle tires like @Bobathan Buan had just shown us, perhaps they are going to be utilized for constraction figure compatible vehicles from that rumored summer 2018 CCBS theme? 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

7 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If these spinner wheels can fit Technic motorcycle tires like @Bobathan Buan had just shown us, perhaps they are going to be utilized for constraction figure compatible vehicles from that rumored summer 2018 CCBS theme? 

That's a cool idea although I'm unsure how advantageous the use of the spinner pieces as rims can be in contrast to traditional technic parts. 

Was super-excited about the tire functionality when I saw it but trying it out for myself, that particular compatibility doesn't seem to be by design. The spinner rim is slightly wider than the type of wheel those tires are meant to fit, requiring you to stretch it a bit to fit into place.

3 minutes ago, Bobathan Buan said:

That's a cool idea although I'm unsure how advantageous the use of the spinner pieces as rims can be in contrast to traditional technic parts. 

But come to think of it, the tire wouldn't stay on securely anyway, as the spinner doesn't have any grooves on the edge to accommodate the tire. If it did, its alternative purpose would be all too obvious.

Official product animations are up on LEGO's Youtube channel, together with 'The Chase', a stop-motion short:

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Season 9 slogan is free the dragons 

Someone call Emily Jones! :D

So with the news of an Oni realm (Possibly also the dragon realm) This brings the realms of ninjago that we know of to 8. Halfway there. (Might be 9 if you count Nexo Knights as a realm)