56 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

is season 9 sets coming out june or august ?   

Well the picture of the dragon and the villians is in the August month so I would assume that is when they come out.

Dang,those Summer Sets Baddies look wicked awesome.

As someone who started as an AFOL with Star Wars Sets it´s kinda scary how Lego Star Wars leaves me cold now and instead i´m in love with those crazy Ninjago Sets.

On 12/25/2017 at 1:06 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Perhaps the reason Cole had a small Dragon in Skybound is that because he was a ghost. That was the biggest one he could muster :P

Cole summoned dragons just fine in Skybound. And besides, if they wanted consistency in that regard, they should have given him a ghost head instead of a mortal one. Maybe some other set in another wave for S9 will have it? Fingers crossed but I doubt it.

Also, from those set animations (specifically temple of resurrection):

it looks like the ninja have both the royal family and the SoG as enemies? Does that mean the two sides both want to resurrect Garmadon?

Edited by gamejutzu

5 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

Well the picture of the dragon and the villians is in the August month so I would assume that is when they come out.

The leaked catalog had them listed for June, probably June in Europe and August in the U.S

Edited by Cyclone_37

5 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

Just now, Cyclone_37 said:

The leaked catalog had them listed for June, probably June in Europe and August in the U.S

Usually for previous ninjago waves, they have gone If the winter wave sets release in January, the summer sets release in June. If the winter wave sets release in March then the summer sets release in June. (Minus the movie sets which they wanted to really promote so they took the August release close to the movie) The leaked picture is from a calendar (not the Lego store calendar) so the sets still have a chance of coming out in June 

The look and feel of Season 9 is far more interesting in my opinion.

Dragons ✅
Diesel Punk vibe ✅
More playsets ✅
Golden minifigure ✅
Villains in black ✅

Those villains look weird 

Even weirder than the SOG ones. I don't even know how to describe them

I really think they should have used the SOG bikers gang a little longer because the villains in Ninjago come and go like nothing

About the villains:

-The one with the mohican hair has like a scepter, but what's that piece in the middle? Looks like a lightsaber handle piece, but it isn't. Is it new?

-The one with the top hat has a new neckpiece for sure. Is the robotic hand a new piece? Or does it come from the Marvel/DC lines?

-The one with the ponytail seems to have a spider-like body?! Like the Nexo Knights villain

-The one with the conical hat has a brand new neck/armor piece. Neat

Edited by Robert8

3 hours ago, KaiNinjaOfFire said:

The Season 9 Kai minifigure has leaked.

I was hoping for new headgear in S9 and not a continuation of the movie headgear for a third straight wave. Oh well. It's economical.

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Those villains look weird 

Even weirder than the SOG ones. I don't even know how to describe them

I really think they should have used the SOG bikers gang a little longer because the villains in Ninjago come and go like nothing

About the villains:

-The one with the mohican hair has like a scepter, but what's that piece in the middle? Looks like a lightsaber handle piece, but it isn't. Is it new?

-The one with the top hat has a new neckpiece for sure. Is the robotic hand a new piece? Or does it come from the Marvel/DC lines?

-The one with the ponytail seems to have a spider-like body?! Like the Nexo Knights villain

-The one with the conical hat has a brand new neck/armor piece. Neat

Pretty sure that the hand is just 15407, which was introduced in 2015, and an 1L bar clip. Now, the knife in his backwards sword holder/pauldron piece might be a new piece.

Edited by K_Tiger

So I have a question. Are all these pictures that have been showing up from the LEGO calendar, besides that LEGO Life one posted above? Not the preliminaries but the ones with the villains and the gold dude? If anyone has the calendar, let me know if I can use the images and post som high quality ones. :grin:

23 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Also, from those set animations (specifically temple of resurrection):

Hide contents

it looks like the ninja have both the royal family and the SoG as enemies? Does that mean the two sides both want to resurrect Garmadon?

I think that Harumi may not necessarily be evil and she is just stealing the masks to resurrect someone who died (maybe her father?). Tommy Andreasen has said that Harumi is younger than the ninja so maybe she is just being irresponsible and not evil.

53 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Not that that's hard. After all this time, the ninja have to be approaching thirty. Or at least twenty-five. 

The ninja are supposed to be in their teens apparently but we're getting into tv show discussion which is for another thread. 

11 hours ago, just2good said:

So I have a question. Are all these pictures that have been showing up from the LEGO calendar, besides that LEGO Life one posted above? Not the preliminaries but the ones with the villains and the gold dude? If anyone has the calendar, let me know if I can use the images and post som high quality ones. :grin:

It seems like they’re coming from some sort of catalogue, but the images are all from certain leakers on instagram, so perhaps you could try contacting them. To my knowledge, none of the catalogue leaks come directly from Eurobricks members.

70645 Cole - Master of Dragon

70646 Jay - Master of Dragon

70647 Kai - Master of Dragon

70648 Zane - Master of Dragon

70650 Pursuit in the Air

70651 La confrontation dans la salle du trône

70652 Stormbringer Dragon

70653 Firstbourne Dragon

70654 Dieselnaut Battle Vehicle

70655 La tanière du dragon

70657 Castles of NINJAGO® City

5 hours ago, Brick Lover said:

70645 Cole - Master of Dragon

70646 Jay - Master of Dragon

70647 Kai - Master of Dragon

70648 Zane - Master of Dragon

70650 Pursuit in the Air

70651 La confrontation dans la salle du trône

70652 Stormbringer Dragon

70653 Firstbourne Dragon

70654 Dieselnaut Battle Vehicle

70655 La tanière du dragon

70657 Castles of NINJAGO® City

So, I guess 70657 is the other DTC set for the Movie the "Docks" set.  Also, looks like we might get 2 retailer exclusives 70649 and 70656?  I'm thinking so, since there are no exclusives in the most recent winter wave.  So far, the sets look to be oriented primarily towards dragons/scenery sets.  I'd assume that if any retailer exclusives are included, they might be more vehicle centered...? 

Also, has anyone seen a clear pic of 70650 that shows what is in the set?  The one I saw was terribly blurry and I couldn't make anything out...

Just now, TPLSTER21 said:

So, I guess 70657 is the other DTC set for the Movie the "Docks" set.  Also, looks like we might get 2 retailer exclusives 70649 and 70656?  I'm thinking so, since there are no exclusives in the most recent winter wave.  So far, the sets look to be oriented primarily towards dragons/scenery sets.  I'd assume that if any retailer exclusives are included, they might be more vehicle centered...? 

Also, has anyone seen a clear pic of 70650 that shows what is in the set?  The one I saw was terribly blurry and I couldn't make anything out...

70656 is garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON! set released in 2017.

Edited by Brick Lover