So I’m someone who has never really had an interest in the Ninjago theme. I own the Ice Tumbler vehicle and use it for Mr. Freeze in a Batman display.

but man, Ninjago City is by far one of the best Lego sets ever made, and an instant purchase for me. The prospect of there being a part 2 gets me more excited than any Star Wars or Superheroes leak! So hyped!

Well, if we are getting a second D2C for TLNM theme, I would like the same to happen for for The Lego Batman Movie, as I felt the Joker Manor wasn't the greatest of D2Cs to get for that movie. I'd love a Gotham City modular much like the Ninjago City one, as that's what I was hoping for before the announcement of the Joker Manor set.

50 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, if we are getting a second D2C for TLNM theme, I would like the same to happen for for The Lego Batman Movie, as I felt the Joker Manor wasn't the greatest of D2Cs to get for that movie. I'd love a Gotham City modular much like the Ninjago City one, as that's what I was hoping for before the announcement of the Joker Manor set.

I'd like to see that too, because it would seem a little weird to me if TLNM ends up with 2 $300 D2C sets and TLBM has a single $270 D2C set, considering that TLNM wasn't nearly as successful as TLBM, as far as I can tell.

7 hours ago, legozebra said:

Wow, these sets look great - and look much better than the SoG wave. It still amazes me that year after year, leaks are just as bad quality as the last - you'd think that as phones get better, and old phones get more and more obsolete, leakers would actually use, well, semi-quality cameras, but it doesn't look like it's the case. I can barely make out any details on the two larger sets (other than one's a tan building with an animal in front and one's some bulky vehicle with six wheels) and the picture of the two smaller sets was cropped due to instagram's square cropping, which is annoying. I guess there's ups and downs, as I'm pretty sure this is the earliest we've ever seen summer set photos (I know last year we got some leaks of this kind a few days before Toy Fair in February), but this is months ahead of any leaks we've ever gotten for summer, which is nice. 

An aside - but Tommy Andreasen did hint we'd be learning more about Ninjago politics and their system of government in the next few seasons, so perhaps that's what throne room confrontation is alluding to...

Also - if we don't get the Narwhal in the new Ninjago Movie set I riot

I just assumed the leakers did it on purpose.

Well, they did confirm one of the new characters is the princess of Ninjago, so yeah.

So a few things.

The NINJAGO City Docks placeholder image uses the minifigure lineup from the bottom of NINJAGO City on a blank box meant for a placeholder. We do not know the minifig count.

Also, these retailer catalogs are sent to small retailers that will NEVER sell D2C sets. Direct 2 Consumer sets are exclusively sold directly from LEGO, hence the name. If a retailer has access to this information, they can order that set to sell. This goes entirely against the D2C concept.

That doesn't stop this set from being $150 plus, of course, as the TLNM Destiny's Bounty did just that, & was sold at all retailers. Which speaking of Destiny's Bounty, it too was wrongly assumed to be a D2C set, only for NINJAGO City to show up and blow us all away.

Lastly, it seems that "Confrontation in the Throne Room," shows what appears to be Harumi spectating a battle between Samurai X and Skylor of all people.

Very promising wave, but I'll need official images before I can name favorites. On that note, the Nuremburg Toy Fair is Jan. 31st and the NY Toy Fair is Feb. 17th.

I have ninjago city and it's awesome.  Makes perfect sense they are releasing expansions for it.  It had all the hallmarks of being its own modular.

Can't see the docks fitting the destiny bounty though.  The ship is massive and I feel it would look out of place towering over the city.   I can see docks, maybe some market stalls/shacks  or something, and perhaps smaller but more appropriately scaled ships built for the harbour.

Anyway very exciting.  Think we will see a further 2 more expansions for the city to complete the scene.

New Official Informations about SoG from the latest Ninjago Magazine. 

Source: @nya_walker  instagram

• “The new NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu season presents new ninja, an evil rocker-gang, three masks with supernatural powers and maybe even the resurrection of our favorite villain: LORD GARMADON!
    The Heroes:
    Since Master Wu disappeared the ninja have searched him all over the Ninjago-island. But when Garmadon’s Motorbike-Gang shows up in Ninjago-City Lloyd has no choice but to call the team back together. Reuinted the ninja don’t only have to protect the city but also the ROYAL FAMILY. Our heroes will stand in the rockers way to protect A princess and do everything to protect the three powerful Oni-Masks!

• The Villains:
    At night the streets of Ninjago belong to Garmadon’s Motorbike-Gang. These ruthless bikers want the control. Their symbol is the head of Garmadon. Why? Because those tempo-freaks only have one target; Reviving Garmadon in his most evil form! And for that they need the three only masks - and they do anything to get them.

The Team:
    No easy times for the ninja: since Wu got lost in the time-vortex they are on their own. Of course they look for their master all over the whole Ninjago-island. But a new menace in the city forces the ninja to stop their search: Garmadon’s motorbike-gang! Lloyd has to step into his master’s footsteps and lead the Ninja team himself. That was necessary because the rockers are evil villains with a villanous plan. (Go, Ninja)

The evil rockers have only one aim: take over Ninjago City and revive Lord Garmadon. To get reach their goal they need the three oni-masks.
    Mr. E (never talks) | Ultra Violet (giggless for no reason) | Killow (Recruits newbies)
    Garmadon’s motorbike-gang is not afraid to do anything and consists out of strong, well equipped villains. The three generals Mr. E, Ultra Violet & Killow lead the gang. But the true leader stays hidden(!!!). Will the ninja be able to find out who the real leader is?!
    The oni-masks:
    The three masks were made by the oni. The oni are powerful demons from an ancient realm: The realm of oni and dragons. Are all masks combined can the person wearring them open a portal to the bewitched realm [maybe they mean departed] and 
    revive Garmadon in his most evil form - as purely evil villain!
  • Mask of Hate:
    The skin of the person wearring it will become invincible Lava(-stone).
    Mask of Revenge:
    The person wearring it will become a swords master with two extra arms.
    Mask of Deception:
    The person wearring it will be able to control objects with their mind."

The oni are powerful demons from an ancient realm: The realm of oni and dragons

Perhaps that's where the summer wave is set.

The dock could contain the warehouse where they stored their mechs.

Edited by Agent Kallus

3 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

So is it really confirmed thet there will be 299 USD Ninjago City docks in 2018?

I also think it's strange to see a D2C set in a retailer catalog, but MarioPower is a pretty consistently reliable source. 

- The prices from the country, where the catalouge is from are just higher than the "standard" prices. The Airjitzuflyers will be 10 bucks, the most expensive set about 120-130 and so on...

- anyway, great to get some more dragons!! I hope they will be as good as the last ones plus I wonder who the blue one belongs to (I'd guess a villain, since we already got a big Jay dragon & the colour scheme doesnt fit Nya)

- great & easy way to get Samurai X, Skylor and maybe even Harumi!!

- unfortunately though there seems to be no continuation of the SoG theme, so for the first time most of the Ninja outfits will indeed stay exclusive to each set! Plus we won't get the gang outfits from the parade..

Spoiler

some spoilers though, since Sensei Wu or Garmadon are not to be seen, plus none of the Ninjas will die in S8 (directors confirmed that there will be a character death in S8

Wait, are there pictures? Where are the pictures? I have to see this catalogue!

Also, "real leader of the Sons of Garmadon"? . . . Calling it now, Hutchkins is secretly evil. I don't trust anyone with an eyepatch except Jay. 

This explains the summer wave's abundance of dragons. Didn't Jay already get one? Not to be that guy, but Nya and I believe Cole still need one. 

I almost thought Harumi was the leader. I'm intrigued.

Spoiler

some spoilers though, since Sensei Wu or Garmadon are not to be seen, plus none of the Ninjas will die in S8 (directors confirmed that there will be a character death in S8

Garmadon appears to be in the "Dieselnaut" set, it may just be a new villain though, hard to tell since it's so blurry.

Edited by KaiNinjaOfFire

1 minute ago, KaiNinjaOfFire said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Garmadon appears to be in the "Dieselnaut" set, it may just be a new villain though, hard to tell since it's so blurry.

You won’t be able to really tell the figures. The images are very very prelimary. The figure selection will chance once we see official things from toy fairs 

22 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

stormbringer dragon: $60

Thunderstorms have convectional rain and can trigger lightning.

Lightning =Electricity, Rain= water so perhaps this is a Jay and Nya fusion dragon.

Just now, Agent Kallus said:

Thunderstorms have convectional rain and can trigger lightning.

Lightning =Electricity, Rain= water so perhaps this is a Jay and Nya fusion dragon.

You mean like the one from Skybound?

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Wait, are there pictures? Where are the pictures? I have to see this catalogue!

Also, "real leader of the Sons of Garmadon"? . . . Calling it now, Hutchkins is secretly evil. I don't trust anyone with an eyepatch except Jay. 

Yeah, there are a bunch of photos on instagram (just search "#legoleaks").

Agreed - Hutchins is totally evil.

I wonder if in the temple set, when it resurrected Lord Garmadon, the baby is his good half and the four armed Garmadon is his evil half, because we still don't know who the baby is.

4 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I wonder if in the temple set, when it resurrected Lord Garmadon, the baby is his good half and the four armed Garmadon is his evil half, because we still don't know who the baby is.

Ooh, I like that theory. I hope that's how it happens. (It is gonna be hilarious to see Lloyd act as a parent to his father. XD)

I did noticed Toys'R'Us put out the new Ninjago sets. I only spotted like three of them. I don't remember the names of the sets, but two of the sets have an "Oni" each. The third seemed to be a generic goon against the Ninja. 

I wonder if the new S.O.G. Sets will already be in the Lego Stores after Christmas (27th December) in Germany.

Anyone has any info on that?