Ninjago City Docks makes perfect sense for a Ninjago City expansion. Look where the pins and holes are on Ninjago City. You could attach to either side and line up with the four stud wide walkway and water. 

It looks like the summer sets have a spinjistu tornado in the corner and a pair of ninja eyes (Kia maybe?).

I love the look of the sets. It seems it will be the greatest wave of Ninjago!

Edited by Tahu

In the Jay Dragon set a minifigure seems to be riding an animal, right? Is it a recolor of the tiger mould from the city line?

Who are these villains? The same gang from SoG?

In 70651 that seems to be the princess character (the one that reuses Koko's hairpieces in white in SoG). But is that a new hairpiece? It looks like it

These sets are amazing!! It’s hard to tell if this is from SoG or not. 70652 appears to have Ultra Violet and 70655 looks like it has Mr. E. The Throne Room set looks like it has Skylor which is cool. Could the Dragon Cave be in the Spirit Coves? I wonder if the Golden Dragon Master is the First Spinjitzu Master. It has been said that we would learn about him in this season along with what happened to the ultra dragon.

38 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

I wonder if the Golden Dragon Master is the First Spinjitzu Master.

Noting that Lloyd is missing a dragon flyer and that he has had a golden dragon before, I'm pretty sure its him.

39 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

These sets are amazing!! It’s hard to tell if this is from SoG or not. 70652 appears to have Ultra Violet and 70655 looks like it has Mr. E. The Throne Room set looks like it has Skylor which is cool. Could the Dragon Cave be in the Spirit Coves? I wonder if the Golden Dragon Master is the First Spinjitzu Master. It has been said that we would learn about him in this season along with what happened to the ultra dragon.

Glad you said that - I thought I saw Skylor too, but wasn't sure if my desire for her to appear again was clouding my judgement. I hope she joins the team.

Is it possible that Stormbringer's head is gonna be constructed in a similar fashion to the Green Dragon Mech's? Kind of looks like it.

I

2 hours ago, ReZourceman said:

Made a video summarising my thoughts and predictions.

interesting list. Sadly, these MoDs are Airjitzu-style flyers like the most recent Spinjitzu Masters, but I wonder if these flyer sets are getting repetitive though.

Edited by Chimaninja454

Wow, these sets look great - and look much better than the SoG wave. It still amazes me that year after year, leaks are just as bad quality as the last - you'd think that as phones get better, and old phones get more and more obsolete, leakers would actually use, well, semi-quality cameras, but it doesn't look like it's the case. I can barely make out any details on the two larger sets (other than one's a tan building with an animal in front and one's some bulky vehicle with six wheels) and the picture of the two smaller sets was cropped due to instagram's square cropping, which is annoying. I guess there's ups and downs, as I'm pretty sure this is the earliest we've ever seen summer set photos (I know last year we got some leaks of this kind a few days before Toy Fair in February), but this is months ahead of any leaks we've ever gotten for summer, which is nice. 

An aside - but Tommy Andreasen did hint we'd be learning more about Ninjago politics and their system of government in the next few seasons, so perhaps that's what throne room confrontation is alluding to...

Also - if we don't get the Narwhal in the new Ninjago Movie set I riot

Edited by legozebra

I have to admit, I'm really excited about these! They're moving away from the more "traditional" Ninjago colors and into somewhat darker tones. The sets truly seem to be inspired by Asia-styled dieselpunk!

As for Ninjago City Docks... It seems to good to be true :D I really hope they do make an extension for Ninjago City - easily the best set I own!

I may have to skip SoG.. this explains the absence of dragons next wave.

Although, Nya still needs one. One of the sets look like a black dragon-headed vehicle.. is this connected to SoG???

So anyone want prices? These were posted on Instagram but they go as follows

all the master of dragons sets: $15

pursuit in air: $40

Confrontation in the throne room: $40

stormbringer dragon: $60

firstborn dragon: $85

diesenaut combat vechicle: $120

the dragons den: $140

the docks of ninjago city: $300

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So set numbers and name are 

70644- master of the golden dragon

70645-70649: masters of dragons sets (the flyers)

70650: pursuit in the air

70657: ninjago city docks 

70655: the dragon den

70654: dieselnaut combat vechicle

70652: stormbringer dragon

70651: confrontation in the throne room 

Oh man, I really hope you are right about this. Finally, we'll get proper Dragons for Kai and Nya! Man, I thought the biker gang theme for Sons of Garmadon was cool, but if this is what we're getting in late 2018, then I might only get the Temple of Resurrection and Killow vs. Samurai X (my must-haves from the wave, for Harumi and Pixal-X respectively) and save my money for the Dragons Galore wave! :)

Ooh . . . . MAYBE WE'LL FINALLY GET THE OVERLORD IN HIS TRUE DRAGON FORM!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh man, I really hope you are right about this. Finally, we'll get proper Dragons for Kai and Nya! Man, I thought the biker gang theme for Sons of Garmadon was cool, but if this is what we're getting in late 2018, then I might only get the Temple of Resurrection and Killow vs. Samurai X (my must-haves from the wave, for Harumi and Pixal-X respectively) and save my money for the Dragons Galore wave! :)

Ooh . . . . MAYBE WE'LL FINALLY GET THE OVERLORD IN HIS TRUE DRAGON FORM!!!!!!!!!

It’s only Kia that gets his dragon, the other dragon is for jay I think

As blurry as the set pictures were, the TV show based sets look solid from what I can tell. As for a SECOND D2C set for TLNM, I'm a bit baffled that's actually going to happen, given the movie's lackluster box office performance. I wonder if the set will feature scaled down models of some of the ninja's mechs. 

2 hours ago, Dardanel said:

The sets truly seem to be inspired by Asia-styled dieselpunk!

Dieselpunk? Maybe more gritty, but from what I can tell, I don't see enough of an Art Deco, 1940's WWII aesthetic in those set images. :shrug_confused:

But we already got a dragon for Jay just last year, in Skybound. AND we've flat never had a dragon for Nya, except that 'fusion dragon' which really doesn't count. -.- It's not fair. 

But these 'master of dragons' things sound epic. Any word on what they're gonna be like? Dragon-themed spinners?