We're nearing the time when Toys R Us is likely to put some of the S8 sets out early. One is already showing up their website as out of stock. Keep your eyes peeled.

The SoG are now in stock and shipping from Toys R Us, including the spinners. They appear to be in stock at stores as well. The only one out of stock is of course the temple.

2 hours ago, bricksnator said:

The SoG are now in stock and shipping from Toys R Us, including the spinners. They appear to be in stock at stores as well. The only one out of stock is of course the temple.

Dadgummit, the temple's the one I want the most. 

So apparently there a new SoG battle pods which use the black training torso from the leaked Lloyd figure, not sure if there is one for each individual ninja but they are on reddit 

Edited by Cyclone_37

So far there appear to be pods for Cole and Jay. Nothing incredible, seeing as they have the same torso/leg design as the leaked Lloyd figure, but they do come with newly colored kendo masks, which is pretty cool

The colored kendo masks are awesome, especially since I'd been hoping to see the other ninja get color-coded kendo masks since the Ninjago Movie Kendo Kai! Hopefully we get white, green, and... silver or azure, I guess (?), for Zane, Lloyd, and Nya, respectively.

Edited by Lyichir

Two things I'm wondering:

#1 Will Harumi get a Palace set in the future?

#2 Will the SoG be in the next wave?

Edited by Dr.Cogg

This image seems pretty official:

lego-ninjago-battle-pods-jay-cole-2018-2

Hope and pray these will show up in regular retail stores worldwide...

4 hours ago, Exetrius said:

This image seems pretty official:

Hope and pray these will show up in regular retail stores worldwide...

Indeed they are - they've been pulled from LEGO's CDN. Usually this means that they'll soon appear at shop@home.

Was able to pick up all the sets sans Temple of Resurrection at TRU. The Spinjitsu spinners are fun, but I really miss the old spinners - those really felt "Lego" to me in that part of battle involved building on top of your spinner to enhance it. Not sure why that aspect was removed in favor of this design.

On 17/12/2017 at 6:29 PM, Dr.Cogg said:

Will Harumi get a Palace set in the future?

Here's hoping. I'd love to see a decent-sized Ninjago-style palace. 

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Here's hoping. I'd love to see a decent-sized Ninjago-style palace. 

Temple's and dojos are good, but a palace would make for a very welcome change! 

I've been a little out of the loop on the magazines. Current inclusion is Chen (Day of the Departed feels so long ago, doesn't it?), in January there will be training gi Jay with the movie hair, a nunchuck and a set of lightning bolts. :classic:

image.png

9 hours ago, legozebra said:

Was able to pick up all the sets sans Temple of Resurrection at TRU. The Spinjitsu spinners are fun, but I really miss the old spinners - those really felt "Lego" to me in that part of battle involved building on top of your spinner to enhance it. Not sure why that aspect was removed in favor of this design.

With the Airjitzu fliers that these latest spinners are based on, I think it was partly a matter of safety — they are basically a projectile, and you don't want something heavy or sharp dropping on kids from a great height (plus there's the question of how much you could add before they could no longer fly).

With this new design, I think it was a combination of two factors — the desire to reuse the Airjitzu capsule and launcher molds, and the desire to market these similarly to the Airjitzu fliers as a toy you can do tricks/stunts with, rather than a competitive action game. So making the design sturdy and well-balanced enough to play rough with was a bigger priority than making it modifiable as a gameplay element.

Edited by Aanchir

On 18-12-2017 at 7:58 PM, Takanuinuva said:

JangBricks has a review of the Temple of Resurrection. 

The paper windows aren't printed, a real shame! :angry: Breaks the trend of all the fantastic printed decorated windows that came before. I'd say that's the only flaw of the set, though.

Edited by Exetrius
grammar

Well, I'm also unhappy that Harumi and Hutchkins don't get alternate faces, I'd hoped the roof-opening-revealing-Lord-Garmadon thing would be a little more involved (in that there'd be something hiding him from the back) but otherwise, agreed. It's awesome, and I'm definitely getting it. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296