In a German Ninjago magazin it says the premiere for SoG will be at 27th December. I hope it won't be much longer for the english premiere, as always :sceptic:

Oh & in a comic the Ninja all have their movie hairpieces. Hope they'll at least keep their faces, otherwise it would just be awkward, since they should get older, while movie faces look much younger..

3 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Welcome back, Dareth!

:sweet:

So I wasn't the only one thinking it looks like Dareth!

7 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Oh & in a comic the Ninja all have their movie hairpieces. Hope they'll at least keep their faces, otherwise it would just be awkward, since they should get older, while movie faces look much younger..

I think Tommy said that the faces in the show were a mix of the movie and show (I don’t think Tommy came out and explicitly say that but he gave some pretty obvious hints that’s the case), but Lego wanted to reuse the movie prints for the sets because of having to save on printing new faces. I think that is what is going to be happening with SoG

55 minutes ago, Sr1847 said:

I think Tommy said that the faces in the show were a mix of the movie and show (I don’t think Tommy came out and explicitly say that but he gave some pretty obvious hints that’s the case), but Lego wanted to reuse the movie prints for the sets because of having to save on printing new faces. I think that is what is going to be happening with SoG

i hope they will use new printed faces in a summer wave 

4 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

So the Ninjago fandom can go into another uproar because they aren't the original faces.

Sounds good, hopefully it happens soon, maybe in a wave or 2.

6 hours ago, Bobathan Buan said:

So the Ninjago fandom can go into another uproar because they aren't the original faces.

Ah well.. I own enough old-school Ninjago faces to swap into the new variants. The movie hairpieces are cool, so I wouldn't mind seeing those in regular Ninjago. 

18 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

You raise a good point. Of course, there are many shows where the main characters do not age. However, a more mature appearance of the ninja would certainly be justified, considering the amount of character development in the show.

If you think about it, almost all LEGO themes are full of adults (firefighters, agents, dino hunters, etc) and kids are able to relate with these heroes. So why would they not let the ninja develop into adults, instead of rebooting them to a less mature state? 

As confirmed by the January 2018 Lego Store calendar the SoG sets will be released on January 1st in the US

Whoa, Killow does have skateboard rollerblades! That's awesome! Not to mention that new Falcon thing on Zane's bike, and looking st that action feature I might have underestimated the Katana VII. 

But I really don't like the fact that they're obviously contriving to make the show more closely reflect the movie. They had better have a damn good reason in-universe for Garmadon being four-armed and evil again. Like, instead of reviving the actual Lord Garmadon, the Sons of Garmadon are creating a 'new' Garmadon based on their perception of him, which is all four-armed and evil. I could live with that. 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Whoa, Killow does have skateboard rollerblades! That's awesome! Not to mention that new Falcon thing on Zane's bike, and looking st that action feature I might have underestimated the Katana VII. 

But I really don't like the fact that they're obviously contriving to make the show more closely reflect the movie. They had better have a damn good reason in-universe for Garmadon being four-armed and evil again. Like, instead of reviving the actual Lord Garmadon, the Sons of Garmadon are creating a 'new' Garmadon based on their perception of him, which is all four-armed and evil. I could live with that. 

Well Garmadon was 4 armed and evil at a point during the show, so it's fair to assume that the Son's of Garmadon could be reviving their preferred version of him or the revival process could have been altered. But this is the wrong thread for tv show discussion so I'll end it here. 

45 minutes ago, Boogly22238 said:

Do we know the names of all the villains yet? 

We do! Here they are per set:

70638 – Katana VII – Luke Cunningham
70639 – Street Race of Snake Jaguar – Mr. E
70640 – Sons of Garmadon Underground – Ultra Violet, Skip Vicious, Nails (short guy with mohawk), Snake Jaguar (Zane’s undercover name)
70641 – Ninja Nightcrawler – Ultra Violet
70642 – Killow vs. Samurai X – well, Killow ?
70643 – Temple of Resurrection – Mr. E, Chopper Maroon (has mohawk)

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here yet so here you go.

https://brickset.com/article/32210/ninjago-sons-of-garmadon-the-making-of-a-brickfilm-day-1

and day 2

https://brickset.com/article/32211/ninjago-sons-of-garmadon-the-making-of-a-brickfilm-day-2

I think Killow looks better with the mask on :laugh: Its a nice face print but his head is tiny.

24894254618_0bb3590287_b.jpg

Edited by Agent Kallus

So new Lloyd leaked. It’s apparently real according to the leakers. It’s a black sensei suit. People are saying it’s either from the new poly bag or season 9

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

So new Lloyd leaked. It’s apparently real according to the leakers. It’s a black sensei suit. People are saying it’s either from the new poly bag or season 9

Would we really be getting season 9 leaks this early? Seems at least a month early to me for any sort of summer leaks, unless they were to release in May (for whatever reason).

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Someone on instagram said it was a book exclusive. 

54 minutes ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Someone on instagram said it was a book exclusive. 

If so, that's a bit unfortunate - it's a wasted slot of what could have been an easy-to-get exclusive figure people actually have been wanting, like the rest of the Elemental Masters lineup or any of the missing Nya variants. Instead, I guess it'll be like the Sensei Wu figure in the Ninjago book that was completely out of left field...

5 hours ago, legozebra said:

If so, that's a bit unfortunate - it's a wasted slot of what could have been an easy-to-get exclusive figure people actually have been wanting, like the rest of the Elemental Masters lineup or any of the missing Nya variants. Instead, I guess it'll be like the Sensei Wu figure in the Ninjago book that was completely out of left field...

They won't release Elemental Masters with a book. Those figures tend to be core characters that kids will easily recognize or tied to the current season.

I have confidence that we'll see the rest of the Elemental Masters eventually one way or another.

As for that black Lloyd, it looks like a recolor of the training suit. I'd be surprised to see that in the TV series.

This wouldn't happen to be the same black suit that Wu wore for a little while waaaaaaay back in Year 1, would it? With the white sleeves and the golden symbols on the side? 

1 minute ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

This wouldn't happen to be the same black suit that Wu wore for a little while waaaaaaay back in Year 1, would it? With the white sleeves and the golden symbols on the side? 

It’s not. It’s got the WuCru logo on it and I think it looks kinda nice personally.

12 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

"black sensei" did sound very promising to me. Last time that happened was in Ninjago's very first year, Wu! Then I checked out the image... As a fig, it's quite cool, but the Wu Cru logo renders it pretty much useless in non-Ninjago context. :hmpf_bad: Any other existing logo associated with the ninja would have been better! 

Speaking of which, I'm really starting to miss the original signature symbols. Large pics for reference:

Spoiler

Spellbound.jpg

WDC91456.jpeg

In my opinion, both the animalistic symbols and the character-like symbols of (for example) the Zukin suits look much better than the movie symbols. The character-like symbols all feature at least one horizontal and one vertical stroke, and are approximately of the same 'visual weight'. All of them are in gold (Zane is an exception to the rule). Compare that to the inconsistent mess that is the movie symbols: some only have straight strokes, others are mostly round, one is triangular, some look significantly more complex than others and there are no less than three different colours!

In short: I hope the original signature symbols will be coming back after SoG. 

Another black sensei suit leaked. This time it’s for Kia 

Edit: Now all the black sensei suits leaked. Jay’s suit probably looks the best out of all of them 

Edited by Falconfan1414