5 hours ago, SpiderSpaceman said:

Someone probably said this already in the city forum, but I see that cole’s elemental earth nugget from the ninjago movie is now a physical part (in gold, in 2018 city mining sets)

I was looking for that element and I thought I just don't know where to look... then I realise it is NEW!

I really don't like that Kai and Nya are wearing, pretty much the same outfit. I get it, they're siblings, but really? It's just a recolor.

I saw this prototype looking outfit for Kai, i'm thinking for SoG. I like the idea for it, it's much better than having a recolor of Nya's outfit.

Edited by gamejutzu

21 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

I really don't like that Kai and Nya are wearing, pretty much the same outfit. I get it, they're siblings, but really? It's just a recolor.

I saw this prototype looking outfit for Kai, i'm thinking for SoG. I like the idea for it, it's much better than having a recolor of Nya's outfit.

It's certainly not just a recolor… after all, Nya's outfit is fitted to her figure. Plus, she's still got her segmented tassets from the movie wave to set her apart (the shape of which continues onto her torso print) and a different texture on the crossed fabric on her upper body. I really love that LEGO is continuing to play up Kai and Nya's parallels (like they did with their fusion armor in the Hands of Time wave).

33 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

It's certainly not just a recolor… after all, Nya's outfit is fitted to her figure. Plus, she's still got her segmented tassets from the movie wave to set her apart (the shape of which continues onto her torso print) and a different texture on the crossed fabric on her upper body. I really love that LEGO is continuing to play up Kai and Nya's parallels (like they did with their fusion armor in the Hands of Time wave).

Same this is y I like theses suit designs 

7 hours ago, SpiderSpaceman said:

Nope. 

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/11/20/lego-city-2018-sets-revealed-news/#more-98300

See the 3rd and 4th pictures for 60186 for the best look at the part.

it was used in the movie to represent the earth element, next to existing parts (red and blue flames, Nexo Knights lightning bolt, and maybe the crystal you’re thinking of represented ice, don’t recall for sure), but was this little oddball rock that wasn’t a real piece yet.

I see I guess I remembered wrong

5 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

y

You seem to be missing some letters there. Typos are fine, but English not Text Speak if you could.

1 hour ago, Sickbricks02 said:

Jangs review of garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON. I think it's pretty cool! 

The two best things about that set are the M-Tron girl and the main build's heavy usage of Sand Blue parts, and I'm especially digging those newly recolored bow slopes on the upper front and back of the mech! :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Sickbricks02 said:

Jangs review of garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON. I think it's pretty cool! 

I really like how you can fully hide Garmadon/put him in the cockpit with the roof still on mech. 

15 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

is it really a prototype? if not i hope it comes with a summer wave or something i like that minfig alot i need it  

The temple of Resurrection set pictures are out. It appears those two unknown figures are good guys

Edited by Falconfan1414

18 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The temple of Resurrection set pictures are out. It appears those two unknown figures are good guys

Where? :D

1 minute ago, Dardanel said:

Where? :D

I don’t know if I’m allowed to directly link it but it’s with the other Star Wars leaks. Only thing is it looks like an official picture from Lego so I might be able to post the photo directly 

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t know if I’m allowed to directly link it but it’s with the other Star Wars leaks. Only thing is it looks like an official picture from Lego so I might be able to post the photo directly 

Don't link but you can name. 

Edited by Agent Kallus
looc er'uoy fi sdrawkcab ti od neve nac uoy.

I think I can safely link this here, since the images are official:

38536526552_af8e7afe67_b.jpg

It has a really interesting play feature - apparently the roof turns into eyes and the whole temple makes a creep Garmadon-like face :D

Garmadon also seems to be back - or at least something that looks like him.

[shamelessselfpromotion]

You can find the rest of the official box art here:

https://bricksamurai.com/lego-ninjago-2018-sons-garmadon-official-box-art/

[/shamelessselfpromotion]

Edited by Dardanel

Only 3 Oni masks. A bit odd in terms of Ninjago Collectables.

Garmadon is looking a bit too movie like compared to everyone else. Makes me wonder if the Ninjago movieverse is one of the realms.

1 hour ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Whats withthat grey creepy face lurking in the cave?

I think it's just a skeleton (look also at the pic of the cave opened up in the lower right).

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

Garmadon is looking a bit too movie like compared to everyone else. Makes me wonder if the Ninjago movieverse is one of the realms.

I don't feel like there were any particularly meaningful differences between the design of movie Garmadon and classic Garmadon, other than giving him a cooler helmet and armor, some more dynamic facial expressions, and some print colors that read better against a black background. So the fact that they went with these improved design characteristics is not particularly surprising to me. It's not like they break continuity.

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

There might be more mask in the summer wave

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

There might be more mask in the summer wave

This.

With Skybound taking up some space during Summer 2016, I'd be surprised if they didn't do the same with S.O.G. Though I hope that either we get an entire other season's worth of sets alongside those extra S.O.G. sets. Though, hopefully not sacrificing a season for special (a la Day of the Departed) where very little was produced for it.

OR, you know maybe having a season of sets last a whole year again. We got so much good stuff over the course of 2011 and 2012. Why couldn't we see that again?

Though, I can see that, what with kids demanding more Serpentine and Skullkin (thank you Netflix), them rehashing, or producing sets from TV show scenes that never got sets (Ninjaball Run? Serpentine Train?). Those logos that were in the corners of 2016, and 2017 sets would have been excellent indicators of which sets belonged to which season, or something similar, should the future of NINJAGO include stuff based on earlier seasons.

The temple set box seems to imply there's only 3 masks, but I won't be surprised if there's more.

The baby is still there. Interesting. Who is that baby? 

Anyone have pictures of the back of the boxes? Those usually have all the collectable weapons listed and would confirm if there were more than 3 oni masks.

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

I don't feel like there were any particularly meaningful differences between the design of movie Garmadon and classic Garmadon, other than giving him a cooler helmet and armor, some more dynamic facial expressions, and some print colors that read better against a black background. So the fact that they went with these improved design characteristics is not particularly surprising to me. It's not like they break continuity.

I dunno the box picture of Garmadon in the top right is exactly the same as this just cropped

http://www.legoninjagomovie.com/assets/media/characters/garmadon-battle-mobile.png

The only thing the minifig garmadon in this set has from the movie garmadon is the printing in the upper torso.