51 minutes ago, Cyclone_37 said:

This video shows full pictures and the Spinjitzu Master sets, any one know about the source?

I’ll be totally honest...these sets look pretty dope. Movie designs and all. It’ll be weird getting used to the movie faces and stuff, but I think overall. The sets we’ve seen so far are amazing. (Only missing the temple I think) 

Also have we heard anything about store exclusives? 

2 minutes ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

I’ll be totally honest...these sets look pretty dope. Movie designs and all. It’ll be weird getting used to the movie faces and stuff, but I think overall. The sets we’ve seen so far are amazing. (Only missing the temple I think) 

Also have we heard anything about store exclusives? 

Nothing about store exclusives yet but Ninjago tends to not have store exclusives in its winter wave but they’re some exceptions like Dojo showdown and Destructoid 

This wave makes another two Nya figs to collect.

Also that's a cool new blade piece of the bikes of the villains

Edited by Takanuinuva

39 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

This wave makes another two Nya figs to collect.

Also that's a cool new blade piece of the bikes of the villains

Someone else collecting Nya figs? :tongue:
Every wave I try to stop myself, but end up with every Nya fig.

So sad there are no pics of the temple! I'm so freakin curious about it's final design! It will be a great edition to all the other asian-style buildings & contains the mostinteresting figures, if you desire asian/medevil stuff (golden armor & Samurai helmet, green & dark green coat bodies, printed cape, Misakos helmet...)

That new Samurai X mech looks awesome . . . now let's hope it has a sword that isn't in the picture. 

I find the whole 'biker gang' aesthetic to be pretty sweet, and am very interested in how it's gonna play into the actual plot. The Katana VII is probably a miss for me, not because it's bad but because I got the Destiny's Shadow this year and the Shadow makes any other boat sets that aren't huge Bountys feel a bit redundant. Sick bike for Zane and car for Lloyd, though. :)

Hey, I just realised. With Kai's Blade Cycle, Cole's Blaster Bike, Jay's Desert Lightning, Lloyd's little bike from Rebooted, and Nya's water-shooting two-wheeler she used in Skybound, and now Zane's hot rod, all of the ninjas have, at one point or another, had their own motorcycle!

Those villains look awesome!

But I'm confused with Zane. The poster shows him silver/gray , but in that pics he has the movie desing

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Those villains look awesome!

But I'm confused with Zane. The poster shows him silver/gray , but in that pics he has the movie desing

I think he's probably gone undercover to investigate the Sons of Garmadon, and silvery skin and hair would give away his identity. Maybe he's wearing a synthetic mask, or has been upgraded with some kind of active camouflage tech that lets him change his appearance. It kind of gives me flashbacks to the Teen Titans episode where Cyborg goes undercover and joins H.I.V.E. Academy.

Edited by Aanchir

48 minutes ago, Tahu said:

Awesome! I love the design of Lloyd's car.

Interestingly enough, this set looks like it will be the first time we will be getting part no. 45705 (pictured below) in plain old Trans. White. :classic:

6077983.jpg

Random observation: The Sons of Garmadon bigfig's bike has a skateboard clipped to one or both sides. However, unless the picture we've seen omits them, there are no regular-size Sons of Garmadon minifigs in that set. Which leads me to wonder… does he… does he wear them as roller skates? Because the idea of skateboards as bigfig roller skates is absolutely buck wild.

Edited by Aanchir

Curious if the Sons of Garmadon theme will carry into Summer Wave sets. Because you'd think that Jay and Nya would have vehicles. Every ninja has at least one vehicle/dragon per wave. Whether that's a hover board, jetpack, or otherwise.

Also, can I mention just how much I love that we're getting a boat for a ninja that's not a polybag.

Edited by Penkid11

A boat for a ninja that's not a polybag? {cough - Destiny's Shadow - cough}

And that's not always true. Cole didn't get anything during Hands of Time, Lloyd got zilch for Day Of The Departed, Kai got nothing during Tournament of Elements (don't mention the motorcycle in the Ninja DBX; that still belongs to Nya), and I could be misremembering, I'm pretty sure that Nya wasn't even in any of the sets for The Final Battle. 

So apparently Jay still has the same blue he has been wearing since 2011, and his suit looks so much better in hand, I just love those armor on the right side of the torso.

10 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

Judging from that last set I'm guessing the biker isn't actually four-armed?

The bigfig's motorbike looks amazing!

I think Snake Jaguar gets four arms when he wears the Oni mask, just like how the Female bikers body turns to stone when she wears the mask.

I just realized something quite unique about this wave:
Except for Lloyd, every ninja suit is exclusive to the set it comes in. We also don't get dozends of repeats from the villains, like we did earlier. however we do get different outfits for the villains, which has never happend before: the small guy probably becomes the big fig (cause it's Ninjago humor a few other hints), the red biker gets 4 arms & the female biker turns into this stone thing.
I'm just not clear about the role of the other 3 villains in the temple set: lady with Iron dragon helmet - is she the female biker without transformation? Golden samurai guy with the eyepatch?

in any case i love that we get so many female figures (except for the 2 smallest sets we get one in every set) AND after such a long time we finally get a female Antragonist!

Wow, they really went full movie on these... This might be the end of me buying new Ninjago in favor of filling in holes from past years.

(Didn't Tommy say the face rigs were staying for everyone except Lloyd in the show? Or am I imagining that?)

And after the tradition of awesome powered-up forms (NRG, Airjitzu) the new spinner suits look terrible, almost like each ninja was puking their element all over themselves. 

2 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Wow, they really went full movie on these... This might be the end of me buying new Ninjago in favor of filling in holes from past years.

(Didn't Tommy say the face rigs were staying for everyone except Lloyd in the show? Or am I imagining that?)

And after the tradition of awesome powered-up forms (NRG, Airjitzu) the new spinner suits look terrible, almost like each ninja was puking their element all over themselves. 

Face rigs refers to the way the faces are animated, not features like scars or freckles. Overall, though, I don't really feel like the ninja's designs feel that much different than they always have. Other LEGO themes like Alpha Team have changed their characters' designs much more drastically. But here Nya, Jay, and Cole still feel like the same characters they've always been, just with a few minor details added or removed. And it's not like the character designs were totally consistent before anyway… Kai's scar and the original Nya figure's eye shadow were never in the show, and that didn't keep people from understanding that they were the same characters.

I actually really like the new spinner suits just because they're the first ones where it's really obvious where the suit ends and the elemental energy begins. As much as I loved both the Airjitzu figs, that was what bothered me most about them — there was an obvious color layering/blocking that implied at least some part of the fig's design was clothing, but no texturing or anything to reinforce that. These new figs with their standard human faces may not be quite as exciting as those ones, but they do fix that issue.

The only thing that does particularly bother me about the new spinner figs is that Zane's hood is all white, unlike the others which are black on the top and sides. This was also a discrepancy with the movie suits, but there, Zane's outfit was mostly white anyway so it didn't feel too out-of-place. Here, though, Zane's suit uses a lot of black, and then it just randomly stops at the hood.

7 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Face rigs refers to the way the faces are animated, not features like scars or freckles. Overall, though, I don't really feel like the ninja's designs feel that much different than they always have. Other LEGO themes like Alpha Team have changed their characters' designs much more drastically. But here Nya, Jay, and Cole still feel like the same characters they've always been, just with a few minor details added or removed. And it's not like the character designs were totally consistent before anyway… Kai's scar and the original Nya figure's eye shadow were never in the show, and that didn't keep people from understanding that they were the same characters.

I actually really like the new spinner suits just because they're the first ones where it's really obvious where the suit ends and the elemental energy begins. As much as I loved both the Airjitzu figs, that was what bothered me most about them — there was an obvious color layering/blocking that implied at least some part of the fig's design was clothing, but no texturing or anything to reinforce that. These new figs with their standard human faces may not be quite as exciting as those ones, but they do fix that issue.

The only thing that does particularly bother me about the new spinner figs is that Zane's hood is all white, unlike the others which are black on the top and sides. This was also a discrepancy with the movie suits, but there, Zane's outfit was mostly white anyway so it didn't feel too out-of-place. Here, though, Zane's suit uses a lot of black, and then it just randomly stops at the hood.

Alpha Team is a bit of a different situation, having only run for 3 years, and giving the crew a makeover every year. With Ninjago (Sets) all of the characters have had the same facial features and level of detail  for 6 years(relatively low on lego's scale) with the "human" ninja really only having 2 colors of printed ink, with white pupils and black for everything else. Now with the movie faces the characters have pretty much doubled that number, with most of the ninja receiving brown eyebrows of various shades, additional cheek markings (Mole, freckles), or even green eyes on Llyod (I'm fine with that one, but I liked the simple eyebrows). And the movie style mask only accentuates it by showing a much larger section of the face than has been shown in any full hood variant. And honestly these figures feel like they're from a sequel to the movie instead of the show, especially with the diamond aesthetic everywhere.

As for the new spinner suits, they might grow on me once we have pictures of the figures outside of their spinners, but for now I'm not a fan. 

Here is a video showing the piece count so we can now start speculation about what the prices are

Edited by Sr1847

17 minutes ago, Sr1847 said:

Here is a video showing the piece count so we can now start speculation about what the prices are

I thought we already had confirmed prices. Maybe they were European only.

ToR will be $80

Katana V11 $20

NInja Nightcrawler/S.O.G Headquarters probably $50, maybe one will be $40.

Killow vs Samurai X $60, hopefully $50 cause that does not look like a $60 set.

Snake Jaguar Street Race, $30

These aren't final prices, just predictions

SOG wave definitely looks unique. Ninja Nightcrawler is my favorite set for sure, looks like a great Ninjago car for once! Zane set looks cool too, but only because of Snake Jaguar bike. Kai's boat is meh tbh, SOG hq looks like redesign of Airjitsu arena set. Samurai X mech looks just horrible! The original one was a great design but this looks just pathetic. Hope that Temple pics will be revealed soon.

Here are the official prices. I'm also not sharing how I got these so if you want call me a fake but I'll still end up right. Unless there is a last minute price change like the water strider.

Katana V11 $20

Snake Juguar Street Chase $30

Ninja Nightcrawler/ S.O.G. Headquarters $40

Killow Vs Samurai X $50

Temple of Reserruction $70

All spinjitzu things are $10 as to be expected.

Enjoy the prices and discusson 

Edited by Knafstuds