6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The mask/head looks tiny

Reminds me of the Troll from the Harry Potter sets. Hahaha

also Star Wars pics are starting to come out so hopefully we’ll see official set pics here soon too. 

New Kai minifigure looks horrible in my opinion. Worst Kai version ever! He looks the worst of all ninja SOG outfits, it's shame especially since he's my favorite ninja. Btw that Pixal in Oni mask seems far fetched, probably leaker just put that mask on her minifigure to show it off.

The Ninjago Movie walking shark mech thing (70656) is out in U.K. Toys R Us (only one of the final wave that is available) £79.99. Destiny’s Bounty (1,400 more bricks) is £89.99. I thought the Ice Tank (£79.99) was overpriced but this shark mech thing is agonisingly overpriced, relative to the wave at large.

1 hour ago, DrasticPlastic said:

The Ninjago Movie walking shark mech thing (70656) is out in U.K. Toys R Us (only one of the final wave that is available) £79.99. Destiny’s Bounty (1,400 more bricks) is £89.99. I thought the Ice Tank (£79.99) was overpriced but this shark mech thing is agonisingly overpriced, relative to the wave at large.

Isn't the Bounty £109.99, not £89.99?

EDIT: Nevermind, just checked the TRU site. 

Edited by Agent Fusion

11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The Kia figure officially leaked it looks good. I think it uses the same face as movie 

I found the image of the figure on Instagram, paired alongside that one biker character who dons the night vision goggles in Black. The thing is though, that biker figure has his goggles clipped onto a normal "racer" helmet, as opposed to the unprinted Paintballer helmet we saw initially. :look:

I love that Kai and Nya's outfits parallel each other, just like the Fusion suits did! In general I'm really impressed with the new suits, both the regular versions and the Spinjitzu Masters versions.

One thing I especially like is we're finally seeing the real advantages of the new two-part hoods. With these, the color blocking can be varied, so that the lower portion of the hood can match the headband, the main part of the hood… or, potentially, neither. Plus, it has the advantage of being able to be printed AND multi-colored, not just one or the other like the 2012 and 2015 hoods.

10 hours ago, DrasticPlastic said:

Excited to read that first line, then.....*wet fish slap*...80 quid?!  :hmpf_bad:

Figured this would be around £49.99 (hopeful) or £59.99 max. As you say, DB is much larger.

God knows how much they'll stiff us for the Piranha set.

there is a post from lnstagram about ninjago there is a sog kai but it looks different than the leaked one what just saw what btw that kai minifigure looks good that post from instagram it learningExpressMandeville i hope that minifigure will come soon 

I just saw the pictures . . . I actually don't mind the X-shaped Gi look Kai as Nya have. It looks silly, but in a way that I can tolerate. BUT, butbutbutbutbut . . . are they seriously sticking with the bow and arrows for Zane into 2018? It was all good and well for Zane to temporarily pick up a bow and arrow in his movie incarnation, but to extend it into the main continuity? How are they going to explain that? "I know that I have been using shurikens as my main weapon for the last five years, but for no apparent reason I suddenly want to fight with a bow instead. Cool beans?"

. . . I just had a horrifying thought. What if, in Sons of Garmadon, the ninjas' characterisation becomes as one-note as it was in the movie‽‽‽‽ If . . . if that happens, this could be the end of Ninjago for me.

I spotted the Piranha Chase ($28), Volcano Lair ($88), and Quake Mech ($139) at my local Big W here in Australia.

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I just saw the pictures . . . I actually don't mind the X-shaped Gi look Kai as Nya have. It looks silly, but in a way that I can tolerate. BUT, butbutbutbutbut . . . are they seriously sticking with the bow and arrows for Zane into 2018? It was all good and well for Zane to temporarily pick up a bow and arrow in his movie incarnation, but to extend it into the main continuity? How are they going to explain that? "I know that I have been using shurikens as my main weapon for the last five years, but for no apparent reason I suddenly want to fight with a bow instead. Cool beans?"

. . . I just had a horrifying thought. What if, in Sons of Garmadon, the ninjas' characterisation becomes as one-note as it was in the movie‽‽‽‽ If . . . if that happens, this could be the end of Ninjago for me.

This belongs more in the TV discussion, but I really don’t see anything wrong with Zane using a bow and arrow - it’s already been explained by Tommy Andreasen that Cole got his Hammer as a gift from his father as a token to show his acceptance of his son’s life, so I’m totally ok with them writing a fun, in-canon explanation as to why the weapons changed.

As far as personalities, they’re confirmed to stay the same.

. . . There's a TV discussion? Oh . . whoops.

Well, if there's a good reason I can live with it, but it's still gonna be jarring. Especially since I saw in a picture that in 2018 we're finally going to get shurikens in silver! I've been waiting for that for years!

Someone named “Azanianimates” on Instagram just posted a HQ image of the big-fig from the SOG wave, they say they have images of all the sets.

1 hour ago, Rookie875 said:

Someone named “Azanianimates” on Instagram just posted a HQ image of the big-fig from the SOG wave, they say they have images of all the sets.

He says he will post the images within the day 

14 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

To be honest, I don’t have a huge issue with the ninja using their signature weapons from the movie, since they haven’t really had any consistent signature weapons in the sets or the show for some time. Like, when’s the last time we actually saw Cole carry a scythe in the show? Even in the sets he only gets a scythe every now and then, and usually with a totally new design. The ninja also often pick up new weapons as the plot demands (like the Technoblades, Aeroblades, or Sword of Souls) without showing any particular need to adjust to using a weapon they haven’t previously trained with. While I like the idea of the ninja continuing to use their signature weapons from the first year or some variations thereof, the sets have never been super committed to that.

The one thing I sort of dislike about Zane’s bow and arrow is that compared to more ninja-specific weapons like katanas, shurikens, and sais or brick-built weapons like a scythe or hammer, the standard bow and arrow piece doesn’t feel all that distinctive.

Dtinagliastudios on Instagram has official pictures of the SoG sets not all are on his page yet most are I think 

What interesting though is that the fig that was leaked that had the movie Zane face and Hair isn’t misbuilt like everyone thought as that is the actual minifigure 

All the ninja vehicles this year feel like really strong designs to me. It's great to get a speedboat in a set that feels a bit more refined than Nya's in the City of Stiix set, the Ninja Nightcrawler is easily the beefiest vehicle Lloyd's had, and Zane's new bike is based on his falcon — pretty sweet! Samurai X's mech also has a lot of character.

The S.O.G. vehicles aren't bad either. I'm intrigued by that big new blade piece, and I really love how the handlebars of the giant's bike are constructed. I love the use of red pieces on these vehicles, especially the bright red recolor of the katana piece!

Zane going undercover is a pretty cool plot device and I'm interested to see how it shakes out. It's nice that the new wave having to share space with some LEGO Ninjago Movie sets doesn't mean getting shortchanged on cool new sets and figs. In some ways this new wave feels even more fleshed out than the Hands of Time sets were.

1 hour ago, Sr1847 said:

Dtinagliastudios on Instagram has official pictures of the SoG sets not all are on his page yet most are I think 

What interesting though is that the fig that was leaked that had the movie Zane face and Hair isn’t misbuilt like everyone thought as that is the actual minifigure 

I think Zane goes undercover that might make sense