Just now, obsidianheart said:

Hey, just curious, what does LID look like with a regular Koko head?

MBV_8090_

Just now, obsidianheart said:

Yeah, I'll just do that, since that black-printed head sucks. Thanks!

You're welcome. The LID's dual-moulded headgear/hairpiece is awesome. It's just unfortunate that the faceprint is subpar.

@makoy That print job does look awful indeed! Just get in contact with the replacement service, I'm positive they will send you a (hopefully) more properly printed one for free. TLG doesn't like dissatisfied customers. 

Btw, aren't 2018 sets supposed to come out in, like... 2018? :laugh: 

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

@makoy That print job does look awful indeed! Just get in contact with the replacement service, I'm positive they will send you a (hopefully) more properly printed one for free. TLG doesn't like dissatisfied customers. 

Ninjago Move Wave 2 sets have always been scheduled for a December 1st release. As for some of the others, I don't know why they've decided to release them so early lol

I cant believe they are actually selling that Lady Iron Dragon head LOL

Edited by Robert8

Finaly more details, thanks for sharing!

I still like it very much, but the stand is a bit let down for me in a ~1200 pcs set. I was hoping for sime kind of spring loaded kick-stand, fold it up while rolling and playing, and fold it down for standby mode. It would be even realistic - in case we can speak realism in terms of Mechs, and fantasy based animated movies. :tongue: There is not much left: part bins and modding, we are AFOLs after all! :wink:

1 hour ago, Tahu said:

Review of the Quake Mech.

https://candidbricks.wordpress.com/2017/11/02/set-review-lego-quake-mech-70632/

I must say my only dissapointment on this set is how the ratched joints are placed between the shoulders and the arms. They should be switched around, giving the arms more articulation possibilities. 

Same it’s a bit odd for a big, bulky mech of this size but doesn’t look bad all they way down as long and the flick missiles aren’t showing but it does look very weird 

8 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I mean LEGO has done early launches like these for years now. Though the Malaysian release date is an interesting one, for sure.

12 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I know right. Unfortunately I may need to call them via support hotline because they acknowledged my disappointed on their first reply but in another email they rejected the order for my parts replacement. It's funny and ridiculous at the same time. 

3 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

I mean LEGO has done early launches like these for years now. Though the Malaysian release date is an interesting one, for sure.

I think TLG has been testing early release for Asian markets to counter-attack bootlegs, very much like why we see early cinema release of movies here. Most recent example is The Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive that is released in Hong Kong  1 month earlier than the rest of the world. Now they're doing the same with TLNM wave 2 early release but in MY/SG.

There's obviously a reason for an early release here but taking hints on what the movie industry is doing, the reason movies are released outside the US first is to build anticipation and to assess the reception internationally. In TLG's case that "focus group" markets are Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore. Take note that US market growth is quite flat recently so TLG is going to need more signals so they could assess how much they need to sell on markets like US and EU as part of their demand planning. Therefore, if you have an early signal from Asia and more data from AU/NZ (with their market analytics) then EU/US should have more data to consider for holiday demands. But that's a just theory, a LEGO theory.

8 hours ago, Tahu said:

Review of the Quake Mech.

https://candidbricks.wordpress.com/2017/11/02/set-review-lego-quake-mech-70632/

I must say my only dissapointment on this set is how the ratched joints are placed between the shoulders and the arms. They should be switched around, giving the arms more articulation possibilities. 

Ohh, printed records. Gotta have those for my planned karaoke bar moc.

On 24/10/2017 at 2:28 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nope. Not yet.

Pretty sure we've seen Kai's Spinjitzu figure, but not his actual outfit.

23 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Pretty sure we've seen Kai's Spinjitzu figure, but not his actual outfit.

I think his actual outfit for sog has leaked

40 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think his actual outfit for sog has leaked

I don’t think it has if so I haven’t seen it yet

Has anyone heard of the SoG collectible minifigures series? Apparently 2 websites put it up. I’m not sure if it’s real though.

Edited by TheLazyChicken

32 minutes ago, TheLazyChicken said:

Has anyone heard of the SoG collectible minifigures series? Apparently 2 websites put it up. I’m not sure if it’s real though.

Don’t think it’s real as while Lego might want to play of the success of TLNM SETS as a long time Ninjago I want it to be official but I’ve accepted the fact that Lego won’t make  a CMF line for the show

40 minutes ago, TheLazyChicken said:

If it’s real it’s almost definitely a polybag. Its number matches up with other polybags.

Just saw the pic and it's maybe the most obviously fake set I've seen all year! Looks absolutely nothing like a real collectible minifigures pack or even a preliminary version of a minifigures pack from a retailer catalog. There's no reason why they'd list the minifigures on the pack, nor why the watermark would be grainy when the rest of the image isn't, nor why the watermark would say "2016" on a 2018 product, nor why the Ninjago logo would be sloppily blacked out when the Sons of Garmadon logo is not. It's just riddled with so many flaws.

The ironic thing is that the person who made it could probably have made it more convincing with LESS effort just by not including so many unnecessary details that would make it stand out as fake. A small, grainy image of a blank pack with a question mark, a watermark, and a Ninjago logo would have at least been closer to the level of detail these kinds of leaks might ordinarily have.

EDIT: The person who posted it actually admitted this was just "possible concept art" based on a rumor floating around, so I guess it wasn't meant to be construed as a real image. Still feels a bit pointless. I guess whatever gets those clicks. *shrug* I still suspect the rumor is bogus as well.

Edited by Aanchir

Yeah, it won't happen

Mostly because we already know the 2018 line-up for the CMF theme

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Apparently there are multiple online sites that back it up 

I always use one of the website reported to confirm rumours and while the website says it is existing, it is not listed under "Minifigure" category. Besides the set number is a dead giveaway that it is just a promotional polybag.

9 hours ago, makoy said:

I always use one of the website reported to confirm rumours and while the website says it is existing, it is not listed under "Minifigure" category. Besides the set number is a dead giveaway that it is just a promotional polybag.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Probably just a fig and a motorbike.