How come these villains are better than the movie ones? 

These SoG villains look outstanding

So far I'm not liking the new gi, they look like they have far fewer details when compared to HoT ones. On the other hand, those villains look awesome! The only thing I dislike about them is the fact kabuki masks have to be used with bike helmets. I've hoped they would be made like the mask of the tiki warrior.

We FINALLY have a perfect head for Stromlings from LEGO Universe!

The newest image from our minifig leaker, shows the guy from the SoG trailer with his helmet up, and his head is just perfect!

23 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Another biker leaked on instagram. Actually make that two bikers. One of them is really creepy. Clearly we are getting a new helmet mold for them but this one uses 2 white tigers hair for pig tails 

Does the initial one you're speaking of have a Black sleeveless jacket and a Black helmet with night vision googles clipped on? I found a YouTube video published today with assorted images of some of the various leaked SoG figures, and that was the first one seen in the video. Unless I'm mistaken, I think his helmet is actually the one donned by the S10 Paintball Player, minus the Lime Green splatter prints though. 

24 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Does the initial one you're speaking of have a Black sleeveless jacket and a Black helmet with night vision googles clipped on? I found a YouTube video published today with assorted images of some of the various leaked SoG figures, and that was the first one seen in the video. Unless I'm mistaken, I think his helmet is actually the one donned by the S10 Paintball Player, minus the Lime Green splatter prints though. 

Yes it is. I think he appears in katana VII 

57 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yes it is. I think he appears in katana VII 

Katana VII, is that one of the SoG sets slated for 2018? I didn't save those preliminary catalog images when they were circulating around back then, so I'm not sure if that's what you're referencing.

52 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

That torso is from the CMF Spy.

Oh, I didn't notice that initially when I first saw that image, thanks for pointing that out.

One of the reasons I am interested in that helmet I initially mentioned is because this will be the second time that part has ever been used. It was introduced for that S10 Paintball Player CMF and never since then been reused. Though it may be the same color, it at least will presumably lack those paintball splotch prints, making it much more universally reusable. Blacktron anyone? :wink:

9 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Katana VII, is that one of the SoG sets slated for 2018? I didn't save those preliminary catalog images when they were circulating around back then, so I'm not sure if that's what you're referencing.

Katana VII is Kai's small boat vehicle.

Yeah, I was thinking that it took them long enough to pull that one out again. I think the paintball gun was one-and-done, too.

Just now, K_Tiger said:

Yeah, I was thinking that it took them long enough to pull that one out again. I think the paintball gun was one-and-done, too.

Well, regarding the paintball gun, perhaps it could be reused again for a adversarial female paintballer CMF. :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Cyclone_37 said:

Katana VII is Kai's small boat vehicle.

OK, thanks for that! 

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, regarding the paintball gun, perhaps it could be reused again for a adversarial female paintballer CMF. :shrug_oh_well:

My Paintballer is pretty lonely.

A bit clearer pic of one of the female bikers popped up. Can't wait to see that bigfig.

SoG Nya minifigure was leaked and it looks really good, but why do S8 ninjas use those Movie masks? They are horrible compared to older masks, and so inconvenient to take off.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

SoG Nya minifigure was leaked and it looks really good, but why do S8 ninjas use those Movie masks? They are horrible compared to older masks, and so inconvenient to take off.

They want them to be similar to the movie aesthetic. The masks are arguably better since they offer much more head articulation.

Is that a new cloth skirt? No more dark red for her, I guess. 

Another picture of that purple biker chick, it looks like the masks "transform" whoever wears them, since she has rock armor and a different torso with the mask on.

1 hour ago, Clx_45 said:

They want them to be similar to the movie aesthetic. The masks are arguably better since they offer much more head articulation.

They also allow a nice amount of variation since they allow for both printing and dual-molding (previous ninja masks only allowed for one or the other). Plus, LEGO generally doesn't introduce molds like that expecting to use them for only one or two waves. I expect we'll continue to see use of these molds in the future.

My biggest disappointment with the movie hoods is that there's a bit of missed potential with how they come in two sections. Ideally, the lower section should've been able to function as a face mask like the 2014 one… but because of the way it wraps around the back of the head (not just the neck) and the length of so many of the ninja's hair, it can't really work this way on any of the ninja but Zane.

With the movie masks they could introduce new different modular sections for upper and lower.

Edited by Agent Kallus

21 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

With the movie masks they could introduce new different modular section for upper and lower.

Another interesting point! I could see them reusing the lower section with a new upper segment in the future...

What function does the skirt serve Nya though? Besides making it obvious she's a girl.

Edited by GarmaFan

3 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

What function does the skirt serve Nya though? Besides making it obvious she's a girl.

I think it’s to give her a Samurai armor like detail since she was Samurai X at one point 

9 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Pretty sure that's the only reason, however...

6 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

I think it’s to give her a Samurai armor like detail since she was Samurai X at one point 

...one could argue with this.

So where in the world is everyone finding Nya, anyway?

58 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

Had to resort to YouTube to find it. Since I do watch a number of Ninjago videos, it popped up in my feed, but seemed to be a screenshot originating from Instagram, a platform I’m very much not active in. It has a giant “@kattman4” watermark over it if that helps.

2 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

I just bookmarked the "sonsofgarmadon" tag on Instagram.

Edited by GarmaFan

I found the Ninjago CMF at target for  $4.79. When did the price go up? I just bought Batman CMF at the same store at the $3.99 price. 

18 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

Is that a new cloth skirt? No more dark red for her, I guess. 

Another picture of that purple biker chick, it looks like the masks "transform" whoever wears them, since she has rock armor and a different torso with the mask on.

Just saw it and it's a shame they changed the color scheme so drastically. Also, to me it seems like the mask is actually gun metal gray and not black, like in the movie - maybe an homage to Samurai X?

8 hours ago, HawkLord said:

I found the Ninjago CMF at target for  $4.79. When did the price go up? I just bought Batman CMF at the same store at the $3.99 price. 

I've noticed they do that. They'll bump up the price of CMFs for a period of time, then lower it again.