Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:
All TLNM winter 2018 sets in Making The Movie book, except for Lloyd's Spinner!

Piranha Chase, Volcano Base and Cole's Mech.

Nice, I wonder what the male GPL tech has on his shirt (superman?), I also wonder which sets misako and the jade teapot will be in. 

26 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:
All TLNM winter 2018 sets in Making The Movie book, except for Lloyd's Spinner!

Piranha Chase, Volcano Base and Cole's Mech.

I hope Garmadon's Base has a good exterior. Any ideas as to what the vehicle on the left of the picture with the piranhas is?

Is that a new hair+beard mould in the Volcano set?

Cole's mech looks good but the volcano base looks meh

Does it look like to anyone that Cole's Quake Mech has the Speed Champions canopy piece in Trans. Purple, or is that just perhaps photography reflection?

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Nice, looks like we may well be getting minis of the other three ninja vehicles! They look great!

2 hours ago, Dardanel said:

TBH this one looks a bit fake to me. Maybe it's because it's missing face? Is LEGO known to release faceless pictures of figs for retail catalogues?

It's from the making of the movie book that some people got early from the rebrick contest

Garmadon's volcano base looks neat but I hope the octopus guy is replaced by a new mold like a narwhal. Also how does Coles Mech even stand up with the only one wheel?

I do hope that we will see DK publish a Making of The Lego Movie book in the near future, perhaps during the advent of the sequel's release in 2019. :classic:

By the way @THELEGOBATMAN, are these pictures yours or somebody else's? If they are yours, do you know if this book contains any close-up images or artwork of the hanging monorail car seen in some promotional images for the film? The same monorail is also seen in the Ninjago Season 8 preview shown off at SDCC.

Cole's mech is huge! I have no idea how it stands, though. The volcano base is very disappointing. Also, Garmadon's cape thing is still exclusive the green ninja mech dragon. Really thought another set would have it by now.

2 hours ago, Dardanel said:

TBH this one looks a bit fake to me. Maybe it's because it's missing face? Is LEGO known to release faceless pictures of figs for retail catalogues?

It's from the Making of the Movie book, which shows behind the scenes look at production of movie and sets.

Cole's Mech looks great, as expected. Volcano base is honestly a tad underwhelming, but I'll wait to see the main front angle before I make a decision, as building sets never look that good from the back.

Edited by legozebra

Warrior Misako's hair and armor/quiver pieces are glorious, The tea service and the octopus helmet in Sand Green are nice, too.

Considering the assumed price of the Piranha chase set, I can hopefully assume that it would include both of the piranha models shown in the art book and maybe some of the clam bots shown along side them.

10 minutes ago, maginnster27 said:

Considering the assumed price of the Piranha chase set, I can hopefully assume that it would include both of the piranha models shown in the art book and maybe some of the clam bots shown along side them.

This set frankly confuses me based on what is shown in the art book. I'll reserve judgment until we see the actual set composition images.

Personally, I'm more interested in the weird shark-like face visible on the left side of the picture showing the Piranha. I wonder if that'll be an exclusive set.

17 hours ago, Dardanel said:

Key words in my post are "leaked" and "piece." This has been the case before with other pieces being leaked and someone just puts it on a plain minifigure.

A few things :

1. In one of the trailers it shows Misako in that outfit as Lady Iron Dragon, fighting Garmadon.

2. As far as the piranha set goes, theres probably only one in the set so you have to buy multiples to build an army (that's what Lego usually does). 

3. Theres a gear at the top right of the volcano base, that might launch minifigures out of the volcano. 

4. Cole's Mech probably has braces, that are not shown, because their showing a picture of the set to match the movie.

1 hour ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Key words in my post are "leaked" and "piece." This has been the case before with other pieces being leaked and someone just puts it on a plain minifigure.

Yes but this is from an official book, so I was wondering whether pictures like these are common in other LEGO (licensed) publications as well.

8 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

In one of the trailers it shows Misako in that outfit as Lady Iron Dragon, fighting Garmadon.

There's another trailer where it shows her in that gear from the back while Garmadon is holding a green papoose-style baby that is obviously Lloyd. So I feel like this is going to be a figure in a set somewhere that I will need to buy. 

Edited by obsidianheart
spelling

Probably in a third wave or store exclusive, based on how TLM and TLBM both got three waves.

On a side note, I think Cole's Mech shoulder speakers can fold down.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I do hope that we will see DK publish a Making of The Lego Movie book in the near future, perhaps during the advent of the sequel's release in 2019. :classic:

By the way @THELEGOBATMAN, are these pictures yours or somebody else's? If they are yours, do you know if this book contains any close-up images or artwork of the hanging monorail car seen in some promotional images for the film? The same monorail is also seen in the Ninjago Season 8 preview shown off at SDCC.

Not my pictures.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN
Spelling

Is it me or do the Sons of Garmadon sets seem lack luster, yes I know their a way cheaper wave than the movie sets, but they just don't seem to have any kind of wow factor, I kind of wish it was a bunch of Oni trying to resurrect Garmadon, right now it kind of feels like a repeat of the Skeleton Bikers.

38 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Is it me or do the Sons of Garmadon sets seem lack luster.

I see your point but keep in mind that official images always look better than leaks, also the movie had (presumably) more time and money put in to it and being the next wave after it means it pales in comparison.

True, but to me the only thing good about this wave is the Oni masks, The movie has a lot of great things going for it, but one of the big things is new villains, because it seems they keep recycling villains, heres what I mean:

1. Skeleton Gang

2. Snake Men

3. Stone Warriors

4. Androids

5. Snake Cultist / Snake Men

6. Ghosts

7. Sky Pirates

8. Ghosts / Possessed statues

9. Artifical Snake Men (Vermilion)

10. Evil Navy (The Movie)

11. Biker Gang