Just now, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Most ninjago subthemes do, only the movie, The golden weapons ,sky-bound and rise of the snakes got more ,but I don't know.

So did Rebooted even though in wave 2 (ironically) there were only 2 sets 

Just now, Sr1847 said:

So did Rebooted even though in wave 2 (ironically) there were only 2 sets 

oh I never noticed that  70727 and 70728 were released later sorry my bad:tongue:

41 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

Ninjago is weird. Love the builds, though.

I won't dispute Ninjago being weird — that's a big part of its charm for me — but all in all, "evil biker gang" is probably one of the more conventional threats the ninja have faced.

2 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

That's funny, those 2 are my favourites :tongue:

Do we have prices or was 70639 an assumption?

@legozebra The tournament of elements line was complete without Wu :P

Huh, you're right. It did have Sensei Garmadon, though, so perhaps no Ninjago line is incomplete without a Sensei. My bets are on the baby..

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

I won't dispute Ninjago being weird — that's a big part of its charm for me — but all in all, "evil biker gang" is probably one of the more conventional threats the ninja have faced.

Right, the bikers aren't weird, the masks are a sorta logical McGuffin set that hasn't been done before (and is a nice change of pace from another weapon set) but there's a ton of talk centering on "Which Sensei is the baby tho" and that's pretty weird. Not trashing it, just pointing out.

4 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

is S.O.G is only getting 1 wave ? 

It might end up like Skybound though, as the Movie isn't going to effect 2018's waves. Skybound got Kryptarium, Green NRG Dragon, and Lighthouse Siege in the Summer wave of 2016, despite being predominately Day of the Departed themed.

14 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

That's funny, those 2 are my favourites :tongue:

Do we have prices or was 70639 an assumption?

@legozebra The tournament of elements line was complete without Wu :P

For 70639, the box size indicates that it is a $20 USD set.

Kind of weird that there are no $30 USD sets in this wave at all.  There is 1 $12 set, 1 $20 set, 2 $40 sets, 1 $60 set and 1 $90-$100 (I'm guessing based on the temple's box size) set.  I wonder if we will get a retailer exclusive in the SOG wave given the absence of any $30 sets?

9 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

It might end up like Skybound though, as the Movie isn't going to effect 2018's waves. Skybound got Kryptarium, Green NRG Dragon, and Lighthouse Siege in the Summer wave of 2016, despite being predominately Day of the Departed themed.

I though they only did that because the movie was delayed and dotd was not big enough for an entire wave.

37 minutes ago, TPLSTER21 said:

For 70639, the box size indicates that it is a $20 USD set.

Kind of weird that there are no $30 USD sets in this wave at all.  There is 1 $12 set, 1 $20 set, 2 $40 sets, 1 $60 set and 1 $90-$100 (I'm guessing based on the temple's box size) set.  I wonder if we will get a retailer exclusive in the SOG wave given the absence of any $30 sets?

Ah okay, its nice to have a vague Idea of the pricing ,Thank you.

Found them after not even 5 minutes of digging.  The red  katanas look cool.

No dragons this wave? Kai and Nya deserve an elemental dragon set.. no, not a fused dragon 

They all look good, but the temple and the set with the big-fig intrigue me the most..

So, they're evil biker demons?

Edited by Boogly22238

Everyone, worth keeping in mind that even if Sons of Garmadon only lasts one wave, this isn't necessarily all the sets. Ninjago regularly has retailer exclusives that wouldn't be listed in these sorts of catalogs. So don't give up hope if you don't see everything you were hoping for! :wink:

On 23/08/2017 at 3:49 PM, Lyichir said:

Everyone, worth keeping in mind that even if Sons of Garmadon only lasts one wave, this isn't necessarily all the sets. Ninjago regularly has retailer exclusives that wouldn't be listed in these sorts of catalogs. So don't give up hope if you don't see everything you were hoping for! :wink:

Some of the best sets were limited retail like 70732: City of Stiix,70590: Airjitzu Battle Grounds and 70596: Samurai X Cave Chaos or like 70726: Destructoid which had hard to get figs of a semi-exclusive Zane and Mindroid.
Did the HoT wave have any limited retail sets though?

Brickset has 70642 listed as Klow vs. Samurai X.

15 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Some of the best sets were limited retail like 70732: City of Stiix,70590: Airjitzu Battle Grounds and 70596: Samurai X Cave Chaos or like 70726: Destructoid which had hard to get figs of a semi-exclusive Zane and Mindroid.
Did the HoT wave have any limited retail sets though?

Brickset has 70642 listed as Klow vs. Samurai X.

HoT had no limited retail set

There is a close up poster type picture of the ninja in there SoG outfits and I'm not sure how to feel about it, Zane looks the best but kai appears to have the movie head. Lloyd is wearing the gee seen in the SoG preview clip ( I am c=glad of that as we seem to get two Lloyd variants in this wave anyway and I want to have all the ninja from the show available as physical minifigs. I won't link here because of Eurobricks rules but if you know how to find these things it is out there. The same source has the ucs falcon and a better picture the Lloyds car.

Spoiler

On an unrelated note lego news have a great flickr.( I hope it is okay to say this if not I will delete.)

32 minutes ago, Sr1847 said:

Thanks for the info.

45 minutes ago, Sr1847 said:

To be fair, the wave was released in the same year as the Ninjago Movie so that could be one of the reasons!

6 hours ago, Dardanel said:

To be fair, the wave was released in the same year as the Ninjago Movie so that could be one of the reasons!

I don't think so because Skybound didn't have any either 

1 hour ago, Sr1847 said:

The movie was originally intended to release in 2016 though :tongue:

So it could be either 
a) Pre-movie waves didn't have limited retail sets so SoG should have one or more.
b) Lego have stopped giving the winter waves limited retail sets so SoG most likely will have no retail exclusives.
c) we don't know ,this is all conjecture and coincidence and reading into it is pointless.
d) other reasons unknown.

The answer is probably C but that is no fun, so I will guess A as that gives more opportunities for great sets.

5 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

Now that you mention it, did any of the 1HY Ninjago sets ever have retailer exclusives? HoT didn't, Skybound didn't, ToE didn't as far as I can recall (was the arena set with Karloff and Turner exclusive?) and Final Battle didn't. Do 1HY Ninjago sets ever get retailer exclusives?

13 minutes ago, legozebra said:

. Do 1HY Ninjago sets ever get retailer exclusives?

Checking on brickset, the only example I can find is the aforementioned 70726: Destructoid none before or since that I can find but 2014 was a weird year for ninjago seeing as it just got uncancelled (I think?).

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

10 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Now that you mention it, did any of the 1HY Ninjago sets ever have retailer exclusives? HoT didn't, Skybound didn't, ToE didn't as far as I can recall (was the arena set with Karloff and Turner exclusive?) and Final Battle didn't. Do 1HY Ninjago sets ever get retailer exclusives?

The arena set I'm pretty sure that one was if I remember correctly. Other than the destructoid, I can't think of any others.

17 minutes ago, legozebra said:

I feel like the ElectroMech might have been a store exclusive but I can't find anything to back that up right now.

Heres the exclusives I remember:

1. knuck's ATV, Walmart

2. Lightning Dragon Battle, Toysrus

3. Skeleton Bowling, Toysrus

4. Fangpyre Mech, Walmart

5. Fangpyre Wrecking Ball, Toysrus

6. Chain Cycle Ambush, Walmart

7. Jay Walker One, Target

8. City of Stiix, Toysrus

9. Airjitsu Battle Grounds, Target

10. Destructoid, Target

11. Dojo Showdown, Toysrus

12. Ninjago Battle Arena, Target

13. Spinner Battle Arena, Toysrus

14. Titanium Ninja Tumbler, Walmart

15. Samurai X Cave Chaos, Toysrus

The only wave that didn't get an exclusive was Skybound, but that wave got the Temple Of Airjitsu.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

51 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

The only wave that didn't get an exclusive was Skybound, but that wave got the Temple Of Airjitsu.

The Temple of Airjitzu came out in September of 2015/Possesion wave.

So yes, there are no exclusives that were released during, or tied to Skybound.

5 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Interesting Misako piece has been leaked, could be in one of the 2018 ninjago sets.

Huge credit to @icefoxstopmotion

TBH this one looks a bit fake to me. Maybe it's because it's missing face? Is LEGO known to release faceless pictures of figs for retail catalogues?