Don't know if this has already been said but the Ninjago Movie sets are going to release in December 2017. While season 8 sets will be released in 2018.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Can anyone please find names of all the sets and what ninjas are in each set?

70638 Katana V11: Includes Kai and a Son of Garmadon

70639 Street Race of Snake Jaguar: Includes Zane, and who I assume is "Snake Jaguar"

70640 S.O.G. Headquarters: Includes Lloyd (with spinner), three Sons of Garmadon, and a character that is cut off on the crease of the leak

70641 Ninja Nightcrawler: Includes Lloyd, Nya, and a Son of Garmadon

70642 -ow vs. Samurai X (full name is cut off): Includes Jay, Samurai VXL, and a bigfig Son of Garmadon

70643 Temple of Resurrection: Includes Lloyd, Cole, four Sons of Garmadon, and a minifig baby.

All sets release in January 2018 and feature Lord Garmadon in the corner of all boxes.

Source is the recent leaks that have popped up online.

43 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

70639 Street Race of Snake Jaguar: Includes Zane, and who I assume is "Snake Jaguar"

70640 S.O.G. Headquarters: Includes Lloyd (with spinner), three Sons of Garmadon, and a character that is cut off on the crease of the leak

70642 -ow vs. Samurai X (full name is cut off): Includes Jay, Samurai VXL, and a bigfig Son of Garmadon

70643 Temple of Resurrection: Includes Lloyd, Cole, four Sons of Garmadon, and a minifig baby.

All sets release in January 2018 and feature Lord Garmadon in the corner of all boxes.

It's not Samurai VXL that's the name of the vehicle for HoT the official name is just Samurai X

2 minutes ago, Sr1847 said:

It's not Samurai VXL that's the name of the vehicle for HoT the official name is just Samurai X

It's a different character and that sucks.

Also all the Master spinners include the Movie Ninja. So they're all technically TLNM sets.

Is the third juniors set ninjago? it kinda looks like it but I've only seen lower quality images so I can't be sure.

3 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Is the third juniors set ninjago? it kinda looks like it but I've only seen lower quality images so I can't be sure.

Yes. It's Sons of Garmadon themed, and features a little boat for Zane that can actually float on the water. It includes Zane and a Son of Garmadon.

The new spinjitzu set looks similar to the airjitzu set but it seems they don't fly because they don't create lift? They just spin??

6 minutes ago, makoy said:

The new spinjitzu set looks similar to the airjitzu set but it seems they don't fly because they don't create lift? They just spin??

Think more like a Beyblade, instead of the odd two finger ones we got in 2011/12.

7 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Think more like a Beyblade, instead of the odd two finger ones we got in 2011/12.

Indeed it reminds me of Beyblade.... but I will likely ban this inside the house. Looks like it could bounce out of control when you land the spinner on the floor.

As someone who generally prefers mini figures to sets I am glad we're getting SoG as well as/rather than another movie wave. I also have to say that I prefer how the costumes look in the leaked pictures so far. I feel the movie suits are all too dark, bland and similar due to their heavy usage of black/dark colours, with the exception of Zane who in turn sticks out like a sore thumb (note I don't own Nya yet, so this opinion may change). I much prefer how the 2018 suits are looking due to how colourful and, in turn, more unique they all come across.

I'm also curious about the new spinner you, especially if it provides us with a cheaper way to get the six ninjas or an alternative design like Airjitzu did a few years back.

Of course my opinion could change when the photos are released but for now I'm liking what I've seen.

In this wave the ninja are trying to get the Onii masks before the SoG can. 

I hoped the Ninja Nightcrawler would be a bit darker (dark green or black) - I guess I'll just have to recolor it :D

23 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

So, Movie Wave 2 December 1st (ish) and Sons of Garmadon January 1st (ish).  That's interesting.  The way that Lego were talking about S.O.G. at Comic Con, I assumed that was the Summer 2018 Wave....

The last 4 waves of Ninjago have been very heavy on dragons, bikes and ships.  Having seen the S.O.G. sets I'm somewhat disappointed to see...well... more of the same thing really (dragons excluded for this wave, which is kind of a nice change in and of itself).

70638:  Looks like a nice enough little speedboat with a spring loaded shooter on the back.  Looks like it can change into some kind of flyer as well..?  And it is nice in a small set like this to get 2 builds with the small bike for the S.O.G. mini fig.

70639:  Lego has obviously decreed that the Winter Wave $20 set will have 2 bikes as this has now been the case for the last 3 years!  This is really a bummer for me as there are opportunities to do all kinds of other stuff at this price point and it has been nothing but bikes, bikes, bikes.  Having said that, the bikes look pretty good and the Oni mini fig is cool.  Wonder if the S.O.G. bike has the "sword-stilts" featured in the trailer?  I think Zane's bike has stud shooters on it.

70640:  The obligatory "Set That Works With Impulse Game-Gimmick Sets!"   Ultimately, these sets tend to suffer for the sake of accommodating the gimmick and to me that is clearly what happened here.  Can't really tell action features other than a space to let the spinjitzu bubble-thing roll around.  Kind of a waste of what could have been a really good "Base Set" in my opinion.

70641:  Nice looking car.  Guessing there is a stud Gatling-gun on both sides and another feature or 2 for the car.  Bike for bad guy.  Pretty standard Ninjago set for this price range.

70642:  Maybe to me the most interesting set.  S.O.G. big-fig looks to be loaded up with weapons with a spiked club and some kind of jet-pack with stud shooters on it.  It looks like that is attached to the big-fig and is not part of the bike although I'm not sure how it would attach...?  Mech looks nice and is on the smallish side.  Stud shooter on left arm and spinning spike-shield on right arm.  Only thing about this set is it doesn't look to have a lot of pieces for what it's price range would be.  Bike doesn't look to large (maybe around 7 inches long) and neither does the mech (looks about the size of the Electro-mech, maybe even a bit smaller)  Guess there are a lot of large pieces in the bike and big fig that drove up the set budget?  Still, 2 interesting looking models, cool big fig and 2 ninja's - maybe a bit light on the figure count for the price point too now that I think about it. 

70643:  Temple.  Looks okay but nothing special.  Hard to tell what action features may be present.  No secondary builds which is really disappointing in a set a this price point. 

Overall, I would say that based on prelims this is a good to very good wave.  To me, everything is a potential buy save 70640 and probably 70643.  Curious to see final set images!

Edited by TPLSTER21
Corrections and clarification

Set and Figure List:

70638 Katana VII (Kai, Villain)

70639 Street Race of the Snake Jaguar (Zane, Main Villain)

70640 Sons of Garmadon Headquarters (Lloyd (diff outfit), 2 Villains)

70641 Ninja Nightcrawler (Lloyd, Nya, Villain)

70642 Klaw (?) vs Samurai X (Jay, Samurai X, Klaw (?) bigfig)

70643 Temple of Resurrection (Lloyd, Cole, Baby (Sensei Wu? As no line is complete without him), 2 villains, female villain, main villain)

edit: started typing this a while ago and got ninja'd (ironically).

Edited by legozebra

4 hours ago, TPLSTER21 said:

Overall, I would say that based on prelims this is a good to very good wave.  To me, everything is a potential buy save 70640 and probably 70643.  Curious to see final set images!

That's funny, those 2 are my favourites :tongue:

Do we have prices or was 70639 an assumption?

@legozebra The tournament of elements line was complete without Wu :P

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

4 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

I dunno anything about Ninjago's storyline, but does that list mean no new Garmadon or Ronin figs in non-movie 2018?

Spoiler

Garmadon died :cry_sad: but the SOG seem to want to resurrect him so he may be the baby, or time jilted Wu or maybe it is Cole's baby since there is a big time skip, Ronin will probably still exist but  is just not featured in the sets, He had a bigger role in Skybound than DoTD but was in a DoTD set and not a skybound one.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

8 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

I dunno anything about Ninjago's storyline, but does that list mean no new Garmadon or Ronin figs in non-movie 2018?

Keep in mind that these sets are just for the first half of the year. It's possible that one or both of those characters might appear in the second half of the year (which, for all we know, might even include more sets connected to the Sons of Garmadon story arc, like how Skybound sets continued into the summer wave in addition to the Day of the Departed sets).

That said, it's not like we're guaranteed either of them. There's no telling whether Garmadon will actually get brought back, and while we've gotten Ronin in two years of sets he's a secondary character at best and was completely absent from 2017's sets.

Just now, ninjagoyax555 said:

is S.O.G is only getting 1 wave ? 

Most ninjago subthemes do, only the movie, The golden weapons ,sky-bound and rise of the snakes got more ,but I don't know.

Just now, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Most ninjago subthemes do, only the movie, The golden weapons ,sky-bound and rise of the snakes got more ,but I don't know.

we will see i hope we do 

get a 2nd wave