goatman461

Episode XVI: Amassing the Fleet

On 9/14/2017 at 2:17 PM, LEGORACER1 said:

But the B-wing did destroy a small destroyer.

If not can it disable it?

Or at least destroy a Tie Transport thing?

You've got some fair points! I think it's unlikely that the Ghost could take out an ISD, but not impossible!

And here's a WIP shot of my SHIP entry. Any guess as to which class ship I'm building?

SHIP day 2

Almost ready to take some real shots. Made some changes to the TIE Interceptor and gave it a hangar. The first shot is a technique, but you should be able to flip through to the other shots on Instagram (still learning)...

21371000_10154744295800685_7665244789903

I could use a Rebel SHIP to (soft) collaborate with on my Cat. A TIE Interceptor. Really I'd just like to have a large(ish) Rebel ship in the background. PM me if you're interested and you think your shots will be available before the 30th.

Thank you everybody that posted. Now, each team needs to name an Admiral to coordinate their fleet. The Imperial Admiral will start the attack.

The Empire will be represented by Admiral Evolved Turtle. 

First attack is the Barca-class command cruiser and the Echo-class assault shuttle. 

The Rebels will have to defend against the command cruiser with their Outfitted Republic cruiser. @MKJoshA may select a starfighter to defend against the assault shuttle. Highest scores will win. Winners will advance to Wave 2 and the Rebels will have to attack with their remaining starfighter. 

Still story that I couldn't participate, but I love how this episode is getting more exciting after the deadline has passed. Bring it on, guys!

Meanwhile, let me hop over into Empire at War to simulate the battle scenario and predict the likely outcome of this confrontation... :excited:

Edited by Cody Startale

On 10/1/2017 at 10:01 PM, goatman461 said:

The Empire will be represented by Admiral Evolved Turtle. 

First attack is the Barca-class command cruiser and the Echo-class assault shuttle. 

The Rebels will have to defend against the command cruiser with their Outfitted Republic cruiser. @MKJoshA may select a starfighter to defend against the assault shuttle. Highest scores will win. Winners will advance to Wave 2 and the Rebels will have to attack with their remaining starfighter. 

We will be sending The Sparrow along with the Outfitted Republic Cruiser. May the force be with us!

The Trasimene charges into the Rebel fleet and is challenged by an Outfitted Republic Cruiser. The older cruiser's engines cannot break free from the Trasimene's tractor beams, but it has no intention of running. The ships exchange deadly salvos, the Imperial launches TIE/In Interceptors flown by Royal Guard pilots, the Republic Cruiser decimates their ranks as the TIEs pour out of their hangars, but is disabled by the quad heavy turbolasers. The Trasimene releases it's kill and turns to face the second wave of Rebel ships. 

Following swiftly beside the Trasimene, an Echo Class Assault Shuttle called the Mynock searches for a fat target to board. But one swift pilot flying the Sparrow sees the shuttle sizing up targets amid the chaos and he dives in to protect it's slower counterparts. The fast ship quickly intercepts the shuttle, but is unable to pierce the Mynock's heavy shielding. Before the Rebel can turn to try for a second pass, the Imperial's aft turrets disable the starfighter, sending it spiraling into space. The Mynock focus turns back to the Rebel fleet, and the second wave of ships.

The battle is going roughly for the surprised, outnumbered, and desperate Rebels. An aggressive blue streak fills the gap in the Rebel battle lines...

2 hours ago, goatman461 said:

The Trasimene charges into the Rebel fleet and is challenged by an Outfitted Republic Cruiser. The older cruiser's engines cannot break free from the Trasimene's tractor beams, but it has no intention of running. The ships exchange deadly salvos, the Imperial launches TIE/In Interceptors flown by Royal Guard pilots, the Republic Cruiser decimates their ranks as the TIEs pour out of their hangars, but is disabled by the quad heavy turbolasers. The Trasimene releases it's kill and turns to face the second wave of Rebel ships. 

Following swiftly beside the Trasimene, an Echo Class Assault Shuttle called the Mynock searches for a fat target to board. But one swift pilot flying the Sparrow sees the shuttle sizing up targets amid the chaos and he dives in to protect it's slower counterparts. The fast ship quickly intercepts the shuttle, but is unable to pierce the Mynock's heavy shielding. Before the Rebel can turn to try for a second pass, the Imperial's aft turrets disable the starfighter, sending it spiraling into space. The Mynock focus turns back to the Rebel fleet, and the second wave of ships.

The battle is going roughly for the surprised, outnumbered, and desperate Rebels. An aggressive blue streak fills the gap in the Rebel battle lines...

To counter the YT-50, I choose the Eta-2x. To heck with the rebel scum!

(As I post this, AT-ATs are taking over the Hoth Base on TV. It's for good luck :pir-devil:)

Edited by Evolved Turtle

I am a little confused did the imperial ships win or loose first round? And if the Empire took out the rebel ships if we take out this one then what happens?

The Rebellion boldly tries to close the gap with the Empire, led by a brave, blue YT-50 freighter. But the Empire intercepts the lead ship with an Eta-2x. The smaller Imperial ship takes plenty of hits from the Corellian, but armored plating in key areas makes the difference, and the fighter's oversized heat exchangers allow it to over power the Rebel's shield. The Rebel's first wave is completely annihilated. The remainder of the Rebel fleet is surrounded, desperate, and praying for a miracle on the forest moon below.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, LegoRacer1 said:

I am a little confused did the imperial ships win or loose first round? And if the Empire took out the rebel ships if we take out this one then what happens?

The Empire won all of the match ups.

Thanks for participating in the Episode. We'll post individual scores soon (still some final totals to work out, but nothing that affected these match ups). Start working on your tree designs, @MKJoshA has some interesting game play lined up that will be a lot of fun. 

Imperials, let us know if you want the tag... 35438708844_67ed853101_t.jpg (I would like the tag, please)

FYI, the freebuild count has reset as of October 1.

Edited by goatman461

Tree designs you say? Is it safe to assume the next challenge will be a ground assault on Endor?

Also, great builds this challenge! Lots of unique and cool designs. Awesome work everyone:thumbup:

Nien Nunb, aside from having a cool name, is a pretty iconic guy. I'll take the tag.

Congrats to all the builders and especially to the Empire for another fine victory. This was a fun one and I better start building now for Endor because I'm terrible at landscape. :laugh:

It'll be coming soon! We still need to work out a few kinks, and we want everyone to have time to build some freebuilds!

Official scores/xp:

MKJoshA - Cat. A - 17 - Cat. B - 14

brickmasterben - Cat. A - 9

Goatman461 - Cat. A - 20 - Cat B - 25

Kodan Black - Cat. A - 17

LegoRacer1 - Cat. A - 7

LucasLaughing - Cat. A - 19

Gubi0222 - Cat. A - 19

Thanks again, everybody. I think we got some really creative and interesting ships out of this Episode.