Everyone,

Wanted to share a MOC I have built for our local lego expo, Canberra Brickexpo. It took me around 6 months (I'm a slow builder), and has more than 7000 pieces

I wanted to build something big and I achieved it with the Ferris wheel. The look on the kids faces was amazing.

It is structurally strong in the vertical direction, but move it to the horizontal and it comes apart in about 200 pieces. I found this out the hard way.

This version is the 3rd version. Version 1 was too small. Version 2 was not strong enough, and broke it's stand. Version 3, with some tweaking worked for 8 hours straight.

36645332435_71e8324d2b_c.jpgFerris wheel by Russell Murphy, on Flickr

So the second version was light? It looks great! Can you show a picture of the black and blue car?

Wasn't able to go to BrickExpo this year...

would have loved to see this in person..

any chance of some more, close up photos.. or a video?

Your picture does not do justice. It seems small and cute on the first glance but seeing full picture I realized the inner red ring is made out of 20 liftarms 13. And the whole diameter of the wheel is at least 120 cm across. This is massive and congratulations on keeping it cute. This is not easy with monster like this.

Can you explain a bit more about previous versions? Have you tried building with axles and connectors?

And I would also like to see some details, attachment to the center, gondolas etc.

Edited by teflon
typo

When I read that it took you six months to build, I was like "6 months for that, there's barely anything in it". And then I looked a bit more at the picture and realized that it was so much bigger than I thought it was.

I'd say that's a pretty massive feat, I like it.