Murdoch17

Futuristic 75251-style space castle with 70907 + 5973-like hover car - real world WIPs

This model started out as Vader's castle, a upcoming 2019 Star Wars set (number 75251). But I'm going to retrofit it for my Space stuff, specifically, the home of my techno-mage, Analog and his fellow band of runaway rouges from the corrupt Space Police IV regime. My backstory for the building is as follows:

45055533602_6583c0786d_z.jpg

The Black Castle and the planet it sits on were once the epicenter of a ancient mega-empire of aliens from an age long past, known as the First Ones. They were ended nearly three billion years ago in a cataclysmic event simply known as The Great Event. Their Empire was besieged by a entity from beyond time itself, possibly from another dimension altogether, which turned the entire city world the castle sits on into a volcanic wasteland, with the shining ivory tower turned black and scarred, it's water feature turned to lava, in a final battle to destroy the evil entity, in which the empire's defender's succeeded, but only just barely. 

The empire, which spanned the entire LEGO galaxy, fell completely apart without the capital planet. Local species rose up to take over their own planets in time, but by that point any traces of the old empire were only a widespread myth.... except for the legend of the Black Castle. You many know it as the legend of Atlantis, as that was the name of the home planet / city before it fell apart into the volcanic wasteland. (The eons of time and many translation errors may have gotten the name of the method of it's destruction wrong, but it still sank into a sea of liquid, right?)

More recently, rouge Blacktron III scientists stumbled across the castle, and set up shop there, performing experiments using equipment from the castle's ancient, - yet still very highly advanced - medical bay on unlucky captives, creating techno-mages, changelings, and many more things that would make even Dr. Frankenstein weep. In a desperate move, these captives rose up from their shackles and destroyed the all the Blacktron that knew of the Castle, thus keeping it's location secret. This ramshackle group still keeps the castle for their own, with group leader Analog and his car Shatter-point running supplies, new recruits, and news back and forth across enemy lines to and from safe houses and the castle.

31356714298_6757b2ee7d_z.jpg

This space base is not complete, as it is lacking set 75251, (Darth Vader's castle) which is supposed to go in the bottom left corner. But until that set is recreated in LEGO Digital Designer, this will have to do.

The base model you see here is an amalgamation of several sets, including 75098 (Assault on Hoth) for the blast doors, 75203 (Hoth Medical Chamber) for the medical bay, 7879 (Hoth Echo Base) for the sensor array and gun rack,  and 8089 (Hoth Wampa Cave) for the secret exit. Also, the control booth is a custom made design that was pulled from my imagination.

As you may have guessed, this base was originally set on Hoth or a similar ice planet, and was mostly colored white instead of dark tan and dark gray volcanic one it sits on now. (This model has been seriously gone through to be 100% build-able in the chosen colors as shown.)

44319880365_df88d5927e_z.jpg

This medical bay has three recharge ports for techno-mages to sleep / recharge and connect to the base computer at, if they wish. The healing tube is for those too seriously injured for the wearable healing suits, such as those missing entire limbs or over 60% 3rd degree fire burns. The mailbox is also in this section, though as this is a secret base, it is unused.

43417412310_273e96e2f9_z.jpg

The base's brain and nervous center is the control booth, which control everything in the base, from the blast doors to the hallway lights. The huge windows overlook the base's hanger, where the hover-car known as Shatter-point usually is parked.

30291241617_06c07cacfa_z.jpg

The sensor array is highly tuned to be nearly undetectable to enemies sweeping the star system looking for civilized worlds. It is also able alert the base to long range threats, so they can shut down and go silent, just in case something picks up the scouts interest and they land a probe team on the planets surface. (usually when such a thing happens, they officially "lose contact" with the orbiting ship due to "radio interference" of "volcanic clouds" and are never seen again. In reality, they are physically eliminated by ground forces after radio contact is lost due to the sensor array imitating the clouds. The orbiting ship then assumes the lava has swallowed the team up and moves on to another planet.)

39298232334_187121a32d_z.jpg

The hover car is a mashup of set 5973 (Hyperspeed Pursuit) and a fantastic MOD of set 70907 (Killer Croc Tail-Gator) by user @hachiroku24 as seen here.

Fictional background info:

This craft (named Shatter-point) was originally owned by the criminal aliens known as the Skull Twin, and was sold at auction to a man known as "The Collector", back before the dark times began. Eventually, the heavily remodeled hover sedan was given to The Collector's young techno-mage friend just before the Collector disappeared into the bowels of the capital city planet to escape the Space Police IV and it's corrupt ways. The techno-mage (known as "Analog" for his love of pre-computer revolution machinery, like record players and radio tubes), then discovered the truth about his friend The Collector. The Collector ran an underground railroad-like system of resistance groups to the SP IV regime and the OCTAN Super Secret Police program, which was headquartered in the volcanic remains of the long-lost city of Atlantis at the Black Castle and had subsequently given Analog the job of keeping the secret railroad running in his absence. Together with unlikely allies, menacing foes and possible double agents, Analog will work to restore freedom for his friends, expose great tyrannies in the OCTAN Corp and in his rag-tag group, and all the while running from the law for the reason of just existing! 

39298232404_7e436b6a99_z.jpg

The car was synced up to Analog's tech implants and made to be an extension of his mind, up to the point of having it's own artificial intelligence by itself, calling itself "Shatter-point" after it's supreme hacking abilities and it's ability to fly better than even cyborg pilots, leading to shattering blockades(and pursuing ships) into a thousand pieces. The vehicle can seat one figure comfortably in the drivers seat. The vehicle also features clean nuclear energy provided by a Mister Fusion (patent-pending!) reactor run by scrap metal.

39298232704_cd4e29973d_z.jpg

The car's roof opens up to place a figure at the controls. (the canopy doesn't actually stay up like shown, but is being held up by my finger just out of frame.)

As usual, Comments, Questions, and Complaints are always welcome!

EDIT 1/31/18: added new car pictures, working on updating the building's screenshots.

EDIT 2/7/18: I just finished revising the building to be like set 4996 but in red... real pictures of the building coming soon!

EDIT 10/9/18: add castle and backstory to the main post. more pictures coming eventually (hopefully soon!)

EDIT 10/10/18: added full base to first post

Edited by Murdoch17

That is some interesting back story! I am getting some fifth element vibes of your space car :D Just my opinion think shatterpoint would look better without those 2 fins in the front. 

14 hours ago, chubbybots2 said:

That is some interesting back story! I am getting some fifth element vibes of your space car :D Just my opinion think shatterpoint would look better without those 2 fins in the front. 

Thank you! I did consider removing the front wings, but the lack of details up front was bothering me, so I added them back. Sorry, but it just looks better to me this way!

36494084881_37a302fcb3_z.jpg

Added real life pictures of the car and a new building. The ldd file for everything (but the figure) has been updated as well.

Enjoy!

5 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I finally revised the front end and added a opening roof. More pictures are in the first post!

Heck yeah, that is just DieselSPACE cool! :thumbup: :grin:

On 1/31/2018 at 6:22 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Heck yeah, that is just DieselSPACE cool! :thumbup: :grin:

Thanks! The building has been updated as of now, and four more cyber-punk vehicles are on their way to me as I type!

Sorry for the 8 month BUMP!

45055533602_6583c0786d_z.jpg

This model is Vader's castle, a upcoming Star Wars set (number 75251). But I'm going to retrofit it for my space stuff, specifically, the home of my techno-mage, Analog and his fellow band of runaway rouges from the corrupt Space Police IV regime. My backstory for the building is as follows:

The Black Castle and the planet it sits on were once the epicenter of a ancient mega-empire of aliens from an age long past, known as the First Ones. They were ended nearly three billion years ago in a cataclysmic event simply known as The Great Event. Their Empire was besieged by a entity from beyond time itself, possibly from another dimension altogether, which turned the entire city world the castle sits on into a volcanic wasteland, with the shining ivory tower turned black and scarred, it's water feature turned to lava, in a final battle to destroy the evil entity, in which the empire's defender's succeeded, but only just barely. 

The empire, which spanned the entire LEGO galaxy, fell completely apart without the capital planet. Local species rose up to take over their own planets in time, but by that point any traces of the old empire were only a widespread myth.... except for the legend of the Black Castle. You many know it as the legend of Atlantis, as that was the name of the home planet / city before it fell apart into the volcanic wasteland. (The eons of time and many translation errors may have gotten the name of the method of it's destruction wrong, but it still sank into a sea of liquid, right?)

More recently, rouge Blacktron III scientists stumbled across the castle, and set up shop there, performing experiments using equipment from the castle's ancient, - yet still very highly advanced - medical bay on unlucky captives, creating techno-mages, changelings, and many more things that would make even Dr. Frankenstein weep. In a desperate move, these captives rose up from their shackles and destroyed the all the Blacktron that knew of the Castle, thus keeping it's location secret. This ramshackle group still keeps the castle for their own, with group leader Analog and his car Shatter-point running supplies, new recruits, and news back and forth across enemy lines to and from safe houses and the castle.

(If you want to see more stuff about what I'm planning to do to this castle, look at the first post!)

Edited by Murdoch17

31356714298_6757b2ee7d_z.jpg

added full base (minus the castle set, which I still need to buy and recreate.) to first post. What do you think?

44546968554_2a31253071_z.jpg

After being captured from her home-world of Chima by a rouge Blacktron III agents, Windra of the Wolf tribe was experimented on and given a synthetic Chi-substitute to keep her from going through withdrawal. This worked, but had the side-affect of mutating her DNA and turning her into a Changeling. Simply put, she could change at will into a larger, more savage, primal and angry version of herself. She can still retain some parts of her regular personality so she could talk, make plans, and even do things she could not do in regular form, such as talk to regular animals at very low frequencies, especially the lava cats that live around the castle where she and her fellow captives where being held. (This eventually helped in the escape of the captives and destruction of the splinter group of Blacktron III scientists.)

loc039.jpg

In reality, this is the great wolf form of this mini-figure (the regular figure is seen above too) and will be used on my lava space base. The great wolf-form came in black originally from set 76084 (The Ultimate Battle for Asgard) as the wolf Fenris, which I recolored to white and modified for Windra.

Any thoughts?