Sign in to follow this  
MattL600

Lego GBC Looper thing

Well, I spend a little bit of time experimenting with the tracks from the tracked racer... and I came up with this :classic:

It works better with marbles but because of purism reasons i did not use marbles :grin:

Turns out that it works surprisingly well, it has a ramp that allows balls that miss to come out, but it is rare they miss.

It's a sweet little module and a great intro to GBC. You don't even have to do much  to comply with the official 10x10x10 inbox design of GBC should you want to go in that direction.

Very nice module! So compact and functional. This is the kind of module that would be a great entry into the world of GBC!  Nice as a stand alone, but I can also see how it could integrate with other modules. Wish I had the design chops for something like this.

Thanks for sharing,

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

On 17/08/2017 at 8:54 PM, Lasse D said:

It's a sweet little module and a great intro to GBC. You don't even have to do much  to comply with the official 10x10x10 inbox design of GBC should you want to go in that direction.

Woah, didn't know there were restrictions, that's quite amazing to see some people's GBC modules to get so complicated but stay in a 10x10x10 space. Must be awesome designs work :)

17 hours ago, Andy D said:

Very nice module! So compact and functional. This is the kind of module that would be a great entry into the world of GBC!  Nice as a stand alone, but I can also see how it could integrate with other modules. Wish I had the design chops for something like this.

Thanks for sharing,

Andy D

Yeah, I wonder if there are Lego Technic cons in Australia, have been looking but they all seem to be brick based :(

Id like to see some cool stuff in the community up close :laugh:

Your creations are great, but could you please stop the insane camera  shifting at the beginning of the video. I know a lot of people do that, but it's more professional with automated equipment and much slower movement so that the viewer can actually see the model instead of it just zooming past your face 5 times. It doesn't add anything to the MOC/video if not done properly.

Anyway, your GBC looks great for a first try at getting in to GBC.