Sign in to follow this  
ewolin

How to connect parts

Hello
I'm new here.
I am trying to insert a gearwheel into a pipe, unfortunately the pipe does not go completely inside, it always remains at the end. Optically it would have to go inside why does it not works in the LDD?

Please help, am I wrong or why does it don't work?

5993ecd6304e0_WhatsAppImage2017-08-16at08_50_51.jpeg.60bbea388cccc77352f19367b60fb1c4.jpeg

Hi, welcome to eurobricks!

You're trying to connect a technic axle (black) into an "axle joiner" (tan?).  The axle joiner is designed to connect two axles, so at the middle of the joiner there is a small ring on the inside that stops you pushing an axle any further.  

I think what you're trying to do is slide the joiner all the way onto the axle.  In this case, you might be better using a "Pin Connector" (part number 62462 or 75535).  This is a hollow tube, and would slide freely over an axle.

Hope this helps!

Hi ewolin!  That piece you're using there (axel connector, part #59443) has a ridge in the middle on the inside that stops the axel from going through.  A part with similar dimensions that you can slide all the way on would be a pin connector (#62462).  Happy building!

(ooh- looks like NathanR ninja'd me to the same answer!)  :laugh:

Thanks for the help.

Now I try the piece 32062 but there is always a gap open look at the picture, I try another axle but the same.

Also I don't now how to set up the grey top spike.

I want to create this two examples, like this two on the picture.

What am In doing wrong?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/az9d5umur4v3fcz/spitz.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjt5ws221sbx4tf/lücke.jpg?dl=0

A bar looks like it would fit (and indeed, it's the only way I can see that such a connection would be possible), but LDD does not allow a bar to slide all the way through the axle joiner.  I don't have real bricks to hand so I can't test if this is actually possible or not...

It may simply be short axels until the bottom one that continues through the pin joiner.  A bar could also be a possibility for the top bit.  I can play around with it tonight when I get home, but you're not missing anything as far as how the pieces work- it must just be different internal construction.  Also, I don't know where you're getting those pictures, but there would be a number of ways to make that assembly that simply wouldn't be very stable if all it has to do it sit at the top of a building untouched or something. 

OK, I've messed with physical pieces and I can confirm that a bar will fit through the middle of the axel connector, but it is a very tight fit.  Even the shortest length axel available will result in the extra gap that your second picture shows, so a bar seems to be the way to go.  Interestingly, the gear part can clip onto the bottom of the axel connector without any other connection and is reasonably secure.  So, you can make that pictured assembly thusly:

Horn -> 1x1 cone -> bar securing the cone and going through the first axel connector and gear into the 2nd axel connector -> gear -> axel pin (like part #43093) which secures the 2nd gear to the bottom of the second axel connector with the pin part connecting to the top of the pin connector, and that leaves the bottom of the pin connector open to snap on to a stud.

Hopefully that makes sense.  I can probably post a picture if necessary.

Thanks for the effort, I will try tomorrow the advice from you and look if it works.

@deraven
Thank you. I would be happy about a photo