Jim

How to Build Brick Cars Book Review Offer

Hey guys,

I have a very nice offer to review a great book called "How to Build Brick Cars", by Peter Blackert. This is the original request sent to my by Peter (@lego911).

I think the book is pretty good (overall), but I think the proof is in the pudding, so to speak, and that is in the quality of the models and instructions. A critical review from someone who knows what they are looking at, warts and all, I think would be a great thing to do. 

The book is due to go on sale on September 19th, so I'd be looking to get someone signed up this week, so that they can communicate with the Motorbooks Marketing Manager (Mallory Hayes) ASAP, and to get a book out to them, along with a digital copy. 

The respondent should also look to be able to build one or more of the models, to provide feedback on difficulty, part selection and time to build - plus the quality of the physical model on completion. I am also happy to make myself available for any questions about me personally,  my Lego habit (addiction), the models, book, process, etc,

The link to the book on amazon is:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0760352658/creativepubco-20

Please let me know if you are interested in reviewing this book. This can be announced in this topic. If there are more candidates, I will do a raffle. 

NOTE!!
Please be aware that the review should be published in a timely manner, preferably before (or around) the release on the 19th of September.

First of all. How!? How on Earth has Peter been able to make a book? He is possibly one of the most productive builders I know of and my insight into book making (Meg's Adventures and one of Sariel's Vehicles books) tells me that this takes an enourmous amount of effort. That guy must have days consisting of 34 hours to pull that off!

I would love to read his book, but I'm a big fan of his work, so any review from me would be extremely biased.

That said. It shouldn't be a problem for me to build some of the models and provide feedback (sturdiness, part rarity, playability, accuracy compared to the source material, fun-to-build and swooshability).

Hi Lasse,

I think you are the perfect candidate. You have a car in Miniland Billund, so you know a thing or two. It's great that you are willing to review the book. I can live with a biased review :wink: 

Let's wait another 24H (or so) to see if there are more candidates. If not, you got the job.

Thanks Jim. Yeah. A less biased review would be preferred, so let's see if anyone chimes in.

On 16-8-2017 at 9:31 AM, Lasse D said:

Thanks Jim. Yeah. A less biased review would be preferred, so let's see if anyone chimes in.

Time's up!

Lasse, bring it on. I will send you a PM.

I had a look at the previews of this. I like the way they have split the body colour parts from the rest, so it is easy to replicate the design in different colours without working out what is in the body and what is not. Simple, but great idea.