Inthert

Ring-Worlds - An ongoing project

I thought I'd build up a few models in the series before sharing it on here, but with four instalments so far, I felt it was time. This is my Star Wars Ring-Worlds project, each instalment depicts/will depict a different location in the star wars galaxy with each one confined to the same circular base. And that's about it really, as the title suggests this won't be a series I'll update regularly, rather an ongoing project where I'll build the nest location as and when I fell like it. 

I've got a few ideas about which planets (or moons :wink:) to do next but if anyone has any suggestions or ideas I'm all ears. But for now at least, I'll end this first post with the first four instalments in the series, Yavin 4, Lah'mu, Naboo and Lothal. Enjoy! :classic:

32512809634_321ab6a584_c.jpgJedi Search - 5/5 : The Master by Inthert, on Flickr

33951825754_b33d8d961d_c.jpg"You're a hard man to find, Galen" (1) by Inthert, on Flickr

35838218672_9fb7c31187_c.jpgStar Wars Ring-worlds: Otoh Gunga Plasma Farm by Inthert, on Flickr

35418602023_0ef9b976b5_c.jpgStar Wars Ring-worlds: Lothal Highway Terminal by Inthert, on Flickr

More images and information about all of the builds can be found on my Flickr page.

No need to mention how great the models are :D But in addition I like the circular bases a lot!

These are brilliant. So original and well thought out. Seriously well friggin done. Be proud.

One that would be cool for this is the landing platform in empire strikes back. Bob fett having solo loaded into slave 1. Would be pretty cool.

Edited by therealharbinger

They are awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I agree with therealharbinger the cloud city landing pad with Slave 1 would be very cool to replicate

Edited by roadstermatt

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:44 PM, drakmin said:

No need to mention how great the models are :D But in addition I like the circular bases a lot!

Thanks so much!

23 hours ago, therealharbinger said:

These are brilliant. So original and well thought out. Seriously well friggin done. Be proud.

One that would be cool for this is the landing platform in empire strikes back. Bob fett having solo loaded into slave 1. Would be pretty cool.

Ooh, that's a good idea, certainly fitting with the circular theme, although it would entail making a Slave 1 too.. Still, an idea to keep in mind and I'm glad to know you like the project :D

23 hours ago, roadstermatt said:

They are awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I agree with therealharbinger the cloud city landing pad with Slave 1 would be very cool to replicate

Thanks!

47 minutes ago, Inthert said:

Thanks so much!

Ooh, that's a good idea, certainly fitting with the circular theme, although it would entail making a Slave 1 too.. Still, an idea to keep in mind and I'm glad to know you like the project :D

Thanks!

Another idea. Micro scale falcon diving into death star 2. Few turbo lasers and a 3d thermal exhaust port. Tie fighters in pursuit.

Neat idea. And such elegant circles. It looks like a very, very, very long term project, considering the number of Star Wars locations ;) .

My favorite is Galen/Krennic scene. The planet was wonderfully austere with a sudden patch of green and you conveyed it perfectly. (Even though I'm not a fan of spilled round plates ;) .) Great job!

Absolutely beautiful work :thumbup: I love the Lah'mu one, immediately brings back Rogue One vibes :vader:

It's so impressive - not only the assembly of such bases and the precision in which they are arranged - the locations are spectacular choices! You don't see a lot of Otoh Gunga MOCs and that Lothal highway really nails the look and feel of that planet. Where would you go next with this? 

Wow absolutly amazing. Each piece is impressive and builds with ingenious methods. Moreover it's not common to see Gungans underwater stuff. I particulary love the one with Krennic and his bunch of deathtroopers even if it is the lesser impressive where building method is concerned.

How did you assembled the scenes on their bases ?

There's something very fantastic about this. The circular base design really makes all these scenes special and stand out. The actual builds themselves are great, too. Amazing idea and execution, keep it up!

Apologies for not responding to all your feedback, It is much appreciated I assure you! 

Well here it is, the next instalment in the series: A Deadly Ascent on Teth. This build cheats slightly (okay not slightly, completely) in that its built on the flat and the picture is just rotated to create the illusion of a cliff face. I know, I know shame on me for taking the easy way out but in my mind the amount of time it would've taken to make it stand could have been put towards another build entirely. That said I'm still very happy with how the end result looks, especially the trees which were an after thought believe it or not! But enough talk and onto the image! :wink:

36390516763_23a1e2cea2_c.jpgStar Wars Ring-worlds: A Deadly Ascent on Teth by Inthert, on Flickr

Thanks so much for the continued support with this project, I'll do my best to respond more in future! :blush:

Lothal is my least favorite, but all of them are outstanding. 

Cant believe how smooth and round the bases are, they are incredible! 

If I could pick one, I would definitely take Yavin 4!

4 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Awesome, the recreated explosion is great, definitely my favourite ring world!

Thank you! 

2 hours ago, BigEl said:

Lothal is my least favorite, but all of them are outstanding. 

Cant believe how smooth and round the bases are, they are incredible! 

If I could pick one, I would definitely take Yavin 4!

Thanks so much!

On 15/08/2017 at 6:06 PM, Inthert said:

if anyone has any suggestions or ideas I'm all ears.

Garel, Malachor, Umbara, Coruscant and Bespin.

24 minutes ago, Inthert said:

For the next instalment its back to Rebels, this time we're on Atollon and Kanan has just discovered the Bendu..

Star Wars Ring-worlds:  In The Wilderness of Atollon by Inthert, on Flickr

This is great, you even included some dokma.

Edited by Agent Kallus
Forgot to type suggestions.