15 minutes ago, M_longer said:

But I think that chassis should be shortened

I'll do that! It's the front which must be shortened right?

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

2 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I'll do that! It's the front which must be shortened right?

Yes. By six-eight studs.

Update time!

@M_longer the vehicle is now 6 studs shorter. That is the biggest item worked on this update.

As well, my cab prototype succeeded, so pictures with it are included. Here is the progress:

IMG_3849

Shortened front end (below):

IMG_3850

Cab shot:

IMG_3851IMG_3852

So now all I really have to do is the BB placement and the hood...

Unless you have an improvement for me! I would love to hear.

Have a great day (or rest of the day)!

BrickbyBrickTechnic

Guess I'm not updating this for anyone :hmpf_bad:

The model is done. The hood was the last thing to be added along with some additional details. Sorry for picture quality, better ones will come when it is not raining.

IMG_3859IMG_3866IMG_3863IMG_3862IMG_3860

Really looks fantastic! I can't believe how great your C (and D!) models are. And if 42054 wasn't already a top quality set, you've now given two more amazing options to build. I'm still planning to buy 42054 and will definitely make your crop sprayer and forest slider as soon as the A model is complete.

21 minutes ago, Paknaloid said:

Really looks fantastic! I can't believe how great your C (and D!) models are. And if 42054 wasn't already a top quality set, you've now given two more amazing options to build. I'm still planning to buy 42054 and will definitely make your crop sprayer and forest slider as soon as the A model is complete.

Thank you! Honestly, the 42054 is the second best set I ever got my hands on. Totally worth it:thumbup:

You are not updating for no one, I was going to comment, but had to go do something. I like it, thanks to you, I am making a helicopter, and then trying to make a saddletrac claas.

Edited by Aventador2004

21 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

trying to make a saddletrac claas.

Edited 26 minutes ago by Aventador2004

Saddletracs are so cool:classic: I plan on building one out of 42054 around Christmastime.

1 hour ago, TechnicSummse said:

I am just impressed, by how fast you are creating new models *huh*

This speed will only last a further 2 weeks, then the real hustle begins...

Awesome C model (again) - especially that I like skidders a lot! Looks 42054 has one of the best potential for C-models.

I would only remove the small white panels, they just not matching in color scheme. Overall, I am very impressed, excellent work. :thumbup:

EDIT: Does the pendular suspension work properly? Don't the wheels touching the engine hood (looks very close to me)?

Edited by agrof

On 18.08.2017 at 2:57 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

@M_longer the vehicle is now 6 studs shorter. That is the biggest item worked on this update.

The cab is too low, it look like chop top skidder :D

And remove those lights from front blade, in real life they would be torn apart on first use.

2 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Saddletracs are so cool:classic: I plan on building one out of 42054 around Christmastime.

I am starting tomorrow or the next day. I have till the end of August off, then I can work a little during the day.

3 hours ago, agrof said:

Awesome C model (again) - especially that I like skidders a lot! Looks 42054 has one of the best potential for C-models.

I would only remove the small white panels, they just not matching in color scheme. Overall, I am very impressed, excellent work. :thumbup:

EDIT: Does the pendular suspension work properly? Don't the wheels touching the engine hood (looks very close to me)?

Thank you! This set has great potential to build anything with 4 big wheels ;) The suspension is limited by a liftarm on each side.

2 hours ago, ThatOneBuilder said:

How about a mecha next? :D

After my [TC12] entry I have something planned :)

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

I have till the end of August off

Me too.

1 hour ago, M_longer said:

The cab is too low, it look like chop top skidder :D

And remove those lights from front blade, in real life they would be torn apart on first use.

I will remove those lights. And the cabin follows my inspiration skidder, the Tigercat 610e, so I think I'll leave it like that :D

I thought the cabin looked too big in the photos at the top of this page but with the finished green panels it looks great!

lots of c models to build and I haven't even built the A model yet.

what is a d model?

12 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

A second alternate model. A model, B model, C model, D model, and so on. E models are a thing too :)

Or 26th grohl666 alternative... :wink:

Amazing work (again)

Btw, if you plan to pdf your photos, bear in mind to include page numbers in the layout. I didn't for your Crop Sprayer and I think it was a miss

Just now, bitbamboo said:

Amazing work (again)

Btw, if you plan to pdf your photos, bear in mind to include page numbers in the layout. I didn't for your Crop Sprayer and I think it was a miss

Thanks! I will remember to do that.