Sign in to follow this  
Legoloco1737

Help finding someone to help me build a stram train

That is a pretty vague request there sir. We cannot do it for you, but can offer advice when you get stuck...If you can explain how you are stuck. Probably the best place to start is to pick out a prototype you would like to build, then find as many photos of it you can. That will help guide you on the adventure of building a MOC from a real thing.

Hmm, an obscure challenge. I think we may need more details; what length, big or small? How many wheels; 0-6-0 or 2-10-0 or something inbetween? Powered or unpowered? If powered, PF or 9V? The list can go on forever, only you know exactly what you want.
Also, have you got any particular locomotives on mind? As @ALCO said, reference pictures are incredibly useful. If you have a particular design, you could find blueprints; then scale them down digitally onto a grid of lego plates, and start building from there. I've tried it with pretty good results for a small tank engine, that would be nowhere near as accurate otherwise.

Everybody here can and will provide tips for the right direction once you've got a basic model; however, not many are willing to simply build, for free, for someone else. Have you considered modifying one of LEGO's original sets, or someone's MOC using pictures/instructions available on the internet? It may be useful to learn the shapes and techniques for basic steam-locomotive building, from which you can move on to replicating your desired prototype.

Oh, and proper spelling/capitalisation goes a long way! :wink:

On 8/14/2017 at 5:50 AM, Legoloco1737 said:

Hi looking for someone to help me build a japness or austraila steam loci useing big ben wheels plz 

That'll be 50€ now, and another 50€ after completion of the job.

lol, jk

On 15/08/2017 at 6:10 AM, ALCO said:

That is a pretty vague request there sir. We cannot do it for you, but can offer advice when you get stuck...If you can explain how you are stuck. Probably the best place to start is to pick out a prototype you would like to build, then find as many photos of it you can. That will help guide you on the adventure of building a MOC from a real thing.

I want to build a japness steam loco and a and a 0-4-0 loco austrailan cane loco steam loco

1 hour ago, Legoloco1737 said:

I want to build a japness steam loco and a and a 0-4-0 loco austrailan cane loco steam loco

Great!

1. List the requirements you have (i.e. Big Ben's wheels, etc. Any thing else?)

2. Find as many photos as possible of the first one you want to build

3. Study those photos and start scaling those down to a grid of plates per @ColletArrow's recommendation. That should help you get started.

You're not asking for help, you're asking for hand-holding.  I would recommend researching 0-4-0 LEGO models other people have built, research real world examples that interest you, and then make an attempt to build one from what you learn. 

Then come back here, post a picture, and ask for critique.  There's no better teacher than experience.

My 2 cents.

--Tony

On 8/15/2017 at 4:43 PM, M_slug357 said:

That'll be 50€ now, and another 50€ after completion of the job.

That's a pretty good rate. Can you do me a model of a Danish diesel in 7 wide?

@Legoloco1737 Very few builders like to just design a complete model for you. Most builders would be happy to help with specific questions.

It would help if you would take a few minutes to check your writing. It doesn't matter if it's not perfect but at least make an effort...