Sign in to follow this  
BrickbyBrickTechnic

[MOC] Peterbilt 579

Rate this MOC?  

  1. 1. Rate this MOC?

    • Awesome!
      0
    • Great!
      0
    • Good
      0
    • Bad
      0
    • Terrible
      0


Recommended Posts

Hello all,

Presenting my latest MOC: the Peterbilt 579! It is the first truck of its type that I have ever built, closest I have come to this type of truck is a tow truck.

There are 4 RC functions: Drive (2 L motors), Steering (1 Servo), Shifting gears (M motor), and locking fifth wheel (M motor).

This also just happened to be the first model I have ever built that actually has a working gearbox. My last model with a gearbox, the Ram, couldn't even work on half the gears....

One thing I'm especially proud of is the accuracy of the bodywork, while still keeping the suspended cab. The only part of the truck that lacked accuracy was the rear.

Here are some pictures:

2017-08-11-14-34-332017-08-11-14-40-292017-08-11-14-39-172017-08-11-14-41-23

So That's it! I hope you like the MOC! Any comments and criticism are more than appreciated.

BrickbyBrickTechnic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way for criticism just a bit short in the rear axles and long in the cabin for me but I think it will be problem of peterbilt not yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only see that sleeper is a bit long, details for Technic models are really good :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice MOC, but indeed a bit short at the rear and I think the chassis is to high above the the tires.

Normally it sits about the same night as the night of the tires.

For the rest it is a stunning model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Phenomenal build! I'm amazed at how you manage to design and build such terrific models in so little time.

Thank you! I have lots of time for now, but I won't soon...

44 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Very good, it is well detailed.

Thanks alot!

1 hour ago, Paknaloid said:

Superb MOC, looks very professional - congrats!

Thank you so much! Professional? :blush:

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

I can only see that sleeper is a bit long, details for Technic models are really good :thumbup:

Thanks! The lengths fit my blueprint best so I just went with them. Either rear is short or sleeper is long :wink:

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

No way for criticism just a bit short in the rear axles and long in the cabin for me but I think it will be problem of peterbilt not yours.

Either rear is short or sleeper is long. I honestly can't tell :sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats really weird is that when you view this truck without seeing the actual thing, it looks like it's too short but that's the way it's been designed:sceptic:

Overall a well made model, not really any flaws i can higlight.Well done!:classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In general , good MOC. But:

  • the rear is disastrous, the fifth wheel must be much lower
  • the wheel arches are too rectangular, flex axles could've been used to archieve the curved surface better
  • detailing inacuracies - missing small grille on side of the (hood?), sidesteps too short...

Sorry if it's too much, but since this is a representation of a real truck... 

Edited by Xewyz2001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dafgek81 said:

chassis is to high above the the tires.

Yes, I realized this too as I analyzed my blueprint after completion. I did not know how to change the rear suspension.

15 minutes ago, Xewyz2001 said:
  • the rear is disastrous, the fifth wheel must be much lower
  • the wheel arches are too rectangular, flex axles could've been used to archieve the curved surface better
  • detailing inacuracies - missing small grille on side of the (hood?), sidesteps too short...

Sorry if it's too much, but since this is a representation of a real truck... 

Everything you say here makes sense, it really isn't much. The rear is certainly close to disastrous, the wheel arches are rectangular (though I used all my flex axles in this MOC, so there was no way I could have achieved a different solution). It is missing some details.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ThatOneBuilder said:

Whats really weird is that when you view this truck without seeing the actual thing, it looks like it's too short but that's the way it's been designed:sceptic:

Overall a well made model, not really any flaws i can higlight.Well done!:classic:

Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well so far I can get the impression that it might have some flaws. And of course it is a model of a real truck but I think you have done a great job on this MOC and if anybody has lots of red parts they are really happy because when it is available on Rebrickable a lot of people will build it...well done!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

well so far I can get the impression that it might have some flaws. And of course it is a model of a real truck but I think you have done a great job on this MOC and if anybody has lots of red parts they are really happy because when it is available on Rebrickable a lot of people will build it...well done!!

Thank you so much! Yes, it does have flaws, but that gives me more reasons to improve on my next truck MOC:thumbup:

Also it won't be long before this is available on rebrickable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like you are building in 24/7 format :laugh:

Great cabin!

Buy I think the chassis is too high...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Aleh said:

It seems like you are building in 24/7 format :laugh:

Great cabin!

Buy I think the chassis is too high...

For now I do have lots of time, plus I build quite fast in general:laugh:

The chassis is too high unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TinkerBrick said:

Do you think there’s way a way of extending the chassis by 2or 3 studs in order to move the rear axles further back.

Not without compromising structural integrity, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you could manage to fix the rear chassis and fifth wheel, this would be perfect IMHO. :thumbup: I really like how you did the front grill frame, it looks just like the real thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

If you could manage to fix the rear chassis and fifth wheel, this would be perfect IMHO. :thumbup: I really like how you did the front grill frame, it looks just like the real thing.

Thank you! The problem is, I'm not sure how to fix the rear. I know I have to lower it, but would I compromise the suspension system?

2 hours ago, Kmuffin said:

This looks Great! The whole truck is very well modeled

Thanks a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Maybe when you release this on ReBrickAble, I could take a look, see if I could figure something out. If you don't mind. :classic: Also, congratulations on making The Lego Car Blog!

That would be great, thanks. Also thanks for giving me the link to the blog!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a note have tried adding rear guards. I know that the real counterpart doesn't have them but I feel like adding them wouldn't be bad.

This is just an opinion even without it, it looks great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kmuffin said:

On a note have tried adding rear guards. I know that the real counterpart doesn't have them but I feel like adding them wouldn't be bad.

This is just an opinion even without it, it looks great.

Good idea:thumbup: I wondered why the real truck didn't have rear guards. I didn't worry about it while I was building but seems like a good mod now that it's done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.