1 member has voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

INTRODUCTION:

Ready, aim, fire. Can you shoot the apple off hedgehog's head? I won this set in a contest. Can't go wrong with free LEGO review.

SET INFORMATION:

Number - 41120
Name – Adventure Camp Archery
Theme – Friends
Year – 2016
Minidolls – 1
Pieces – 114
Price – $12.99CAD, $9.99USD, £8.99

Links:

Brickset - https://brickset.com/sets/41120-1/Adventure-Camp-Archery
BrickLink - http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=41120-1#T=S&O={}

LEGO Product Summary

Hit the target to help Mia win the archery trophy!

Practice your skills with LEGO® Friends Adventure Camp Archery. It features a bow with shooting function and a target that falls over when hit, along with picnic accessories and a shelter to rest and watch the little hedgehog in its den. Includes a Mia mini-doll figure plus a hedgehog.

Includes a Mia mini-doll figure in sportswear plus a hedgehog.
    Features an archery range with a knock-over target, a bow with shooting function, a shelter with a chair to rest on and a den for the hedgehog.
    Accessory elements include a trophy, flag, apple, sandwich, bottle of water, cherries and a barrel with projectiles.
    Fire the bow to hit the target and knock it over.
    Sit on the chair in the shade to enjoy a lunchtime sandwich.
    This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 6-12.
    This set includes over 100 bricks.
    Archery range measures over 1” (4cm) high, 2” (6cm) wide and 1” (3cm) deep.
    Picnic shelter measures over 2” (7cm) high, 2” (6cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
    Hedgehog den measures over 1” (3cm) high, 1” (3cm) wide and 1” (3cm) deep.
    Combine with 41121 Adventure Camp Rafting and the 41122 Adventure Camp Tree House for more Adventure Camp challenges!

THE BOX:

The front of the box shows Mia shooting targets at the Adventure Camp Archery. She has a barrel full of crossbow stud ammo. There is a shelter for her to rest and have some snacks. Hedgehog also has a hog house to rest in. The box has curved sides of the Friends line of boxes, plus the image of the fives Friends on the corner.

41120-01.jpg

The back of the box shows the features and accessories of the set. You can see Mia resting and going for a nice sandwich. The target has a knock-out bullseye. Mia is feeding cherry balls to the hedgehog.

41120-02.jpg

This side of the box contains URL to get service, origins of manufacture, copyrights, UPC bar code, item codes and notice of responsible packaging.

41120-03.jpg

Here you have text in several languages and graphics warning not for 0-3 years-old. This is the non-North American version of the box.

41120-04.jpg

This side has more text in several languages, warning graphics, and a 1:1 scale image of the hedgehog.

41120-05.jpg

INSIDE THE BOX:

There are two bags of parts and an instruction booklet. The bags are not numbered. It may not be needed for a small set. Although I find I can build faster with numbered bags.

41120-06.jpg

Here are the contents of the smaller bag. You get a printed 2x2 bullseye target round tile. There are a couple of cherries and an assortment of flower/leaf pieces.

41120-07.jpg

Here are the contents of the larger bag. You get an apple and a hedgehog. The hedgehog has only been available in 4 other sets. You get one crossbow that first appeared in the 2015 Millenium Falcon set.

41120-08.jpg

THE MINIDOLLS:

The set comes with one Mia minidoll. Mia is sporting new torso and legs for 2016. The same torso and legs would later be reused for the 2017 Friends Heartlake Sports Center set Mia.

41120-14.jpg

THE INSTRUCTIONS:

Here is a sample page of the instruction booklet. The steps are well laid out and clear. I had no problems following them.

41120-09.jpg

THE BUILD:

With 114 pieces and good instructions, the build was completed quickly and without any issues. Here is the finished set. Mia looks like she is ready to shoot something.

41120-12.jpg

These are the extra pieces.

41120-10.jpg

SUMMARY:

Playability: 8/10
Design: 7/10
Price: 7/10
Parts: 7/10
Minidolls: 9/10
Overall: 7/10

There is something fun about shooting targets with a crossbow. It is a challenge to aim Mia's arm correctly. For play, I give it an 8/10.

For design, I like the target stand and hedgehog house. But I am not sure about Mia's shelter. It feels like it was an afterthought add-on.  Maybe it should be a weapon storage shed instead. I give it a 7/10.

The price seems in line with other sets. I got mine for free so I can't complain. 7/10.

Most of the parts are pretty Friends set generic. I don't see it as a part pack set. I do like the printed bullseye and stud shooting crossbow. You also get a hedgehog.  I give 7/10.

41120-11.jpg

You get a Mia minidoll in a new 2016 outfit. She is my favorite Friends character. There may be some bias in the 9/10.

Overall, I give this set a 7/10. It has good play value. It is not all that great for a parts pack. The weapon, minidoll and hedgehog are cool.

Ok, hedgehog, please stay still...

41120-16.jpg

Pew, pew, pew... (Ok, so I like Star Wars sound effects.)

41120-17.jpg

The set goes together nicely with other Adventure Camp sets. Is there an archery challenge?

41120-13.jpg

Note: Chewie is not included with the Friends sets.

I remember I hoped this set to have MALE hedgehog, Shame is once again female and male stays rare...

But that hedgehog make no sense and another target or a tree would be much better.