Year – 2013

Minifigs – 1

Pieces – 90

Price – $12.99CAD, $9.99USD, £9.99

Links:

Brickset - http://www.brickset....il/?set=41001-1

BrickLink - http://www.bricklink...m.asp?S=41001-1

LEGO Product Summary

Practice and perform Mia's Magic Tricks for the big show!

Mia's practicing hard for the big Heartlake City magic show. Help her to learn tricks with cards, a magic wand, flowers, her bunny and a top hat. Build her stage for the big performance then stun the crowds with a cute performing bunny that disappears into its own magic cabinet. Amaze the crowds when the bunny disappears! Includes Mia mini-doll figure.

• Includes Mia mini-doll figure and a bunny

• Features a magic cabinet with disappearing function and magician's stage

• Accessories include magic wand, flowers, coins, cups, scarves and a top hat

• Use the magic cabinet's magic function to make the bunny disappear!

• Practice Mia's tricks and perform for Heartlake City!

• LEGO® Friends pieces are fully compatible with all LEGO bricks

• Collect all of the LEGO Friends sets for a whole world of LEGO Friends fun!

• LEGO mini-dolls are LEGO figures made especially for the world of LEGO Friends that can be customized and combined in thousands of ways

• Measures over 2" (7cm) high, 1" (5cm) wide and 3" (10cm) long"

I purchased this set on a whim. Maybe because I like Mia in her snazzy new black tux.

THE BOX:

Typical Friends front box design with the girls in the upper corner.

mia_box_front.jpg

The back shows the features of this set.

mia_box_back.jpg

Warnings in French and Spanish on the side.

mia_box_side1.jpg

Canadian price tag and IPC barcode on the bottom side.

mia_box_side2.jpg

Actual size of bunny and the name of the set in French and Spanish on the other side.

mia_box_side3.jpg

INSIDE THE BOX:

There are two bags of parts and one Technic open center brick by itself. Not shown here is the instruction booklet. We'll see that later.

mia_part1.jpg

Here are all the pieces laid out. The hat and wand look like they could be from Collectible Minifigs.

mia_part2.jpg

Close-up of the printed 1x2 card tile. Bonus points for not being a sticker.

mia_part3.jpg

These are the extra pieces after the build.

mia_extras.jpg

THE MINIFIG:

Mia looks fabulous in her black tux. There are nice small details like molded back pockets on her pants. Her back and arms say © 2009 LEGO.

mia_front.jpgmia_back.jpgmia_side.jpg

THE INSTRUCTIONS:

mia_book1.jpg

Here is a sample page of the build instruction. This is the secret on how the bunny disappears. (Don't tell anyone.)

mia_book_3.jpg

THE BUILD:

With Mia's magical help, the build was quick and easy. Instructions were clear and nothing was confusing.

mia_build.jpg

In a blink of the eye, it's done.

1mia.jpg

SUMMARY

Playability: 8/10

Design: 7/10

Price: 7/10

Parts: 7/10

Mini-figure: 10/10

Overall: 8/10

I really like Mia in her black tux. The bunny is cute and fun to make disappear. The magic cabinet could have been better colour coordinated. Although the grey pieces are in the back of the base of the cabinet, I think it would have been better to use white parts. The printed card tile is nice. There is not really much unique parts in this small set. At $12.99CAD, it is around 14 cents per piece.

Interesting that the Lego product info on Shop@Home mentioned accessories includes coins, cups, scarves. But I don't see them on the box artwork nor in the bag of parts.

THE MAGIC SHOW:

And now, ladies and gentlemen, we are going to make the bunny disappear. Are you ready, bunny? This won't hurt a bit.

mia_magic1.jpg

ABBRACADBRA!

mia_magic2.jpg

Viola, the bunny is gone!

mia_magic3.jpg

Please note, no bunnies went missing or harmed in this magic show. The magic cabinet also makes a good diving board or walking the plank if you're a pirate fan. :classic:

mia_secret.jpg

Can't believe this review is 4 years in the making. You had this drafted and graded since 2013, right? I also started my reviews here in EB with Friends.

I like the elements included in this set and it has the The Prestige vibe... "are you watching closely?"

I would certain get this one on sales. Unfortunately, I am 4 years too late.  :grin: Great work and hope we see more of your reviews!

3 cheers for dr_spock! It's indeed a royal flush. Thanks for sharing this 'classic' LEGO Friends. :tongue: 

On 8/13/2017 at 4:18 AM, makoy said:

Can't believe this review is 4 years in the making. You had this drafted and graded since 2013, right? I also started my reviews here in EB with Friends.

I like the elements included in this set and it has the The Prestige vibe... "are you watching closely?"

I would certain get this one on sales. Unfortunately, I am 4 years too late.  :grin: Great work and hope we see more of your reviews!

Thank you.  Yes, it did take a bit of time to get here.  I started it in July 2013 and it was graded in April 2016.  Then I needed to do 2 more reviews before I can post it. Good thing there is no time limit in Reviewers Academy.  :laugh:  

On 8/13/2017 at 10:47 AM, carebear said:

Love this set!!!

Great Review

Thank you.  :classic:

On 8/13/2017 at 11:05 AM, WhiteFang said:

3 cheers for dr_spock! It's indeed a royal flush. Thanks for sharing this 'classic' LEGO Friends. :tongue: 

Thank you.  I had to make sure the set has been properly aged in a cold basement cellar first.  :laugh: