eurotrash

MOC: Pop Up Restaurant

MOC: Pop Up Restaurant

I had a vacant city block in my run down Lego town and I decided that a temporary restaurant would fit in the space nicely.  And because I can resist a bad pun I thought that a good theme for a pop up restaurant would be one shaped like a toaster.

So here's my Restaurant MOC.  I hope you enjoy it!

MOC: Pop up Restuarant

Criticism, ridicule and comments most welcome!

Gorgeous!

The only thing i would say is the front looks a little bare. Lettering is on point though!

Maybe a little veranda or light beside the door. Or maybe even an ordering window ala food truck.

Edited by Landoman
more thoughts

Ha! Great idea! :laugh: It looks indeed a bit bare, but its a toaster after all. They usually don't have the most exciting facades.:wink:

I would nevertheless give a row of windows at the front a try. Something like an awning made of solid metal, so it give the appearance as if the toaster just popped open. Yes, that might work and not destroy the visual pun. Its just too good to have it ruined! :laugh: 

Wow - that's great!  The lettering is really nice as is the overall shape.  I agree that the front could be a little more interesting because of courses it's a toaster, but also a restaurant so some liberties are to be expected.  Even something as simple as the row of non-profile bricks being made clear so there's some kind natural light/windows for the occupants would keep the look but (in my opinion) make it even more believable as a themed restaurant.

Regardless, I think it's lovely!  :classic:

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.  Yes, I was debating whether to include a front window for serving purposes, but my original intention was to mechanise it so that the toast rose and fell.  It was geared down and used a large cam to control the movement, but sadly it only worked for a few cycles before it destroyed itself.  The insides of the MOC still include the gearing, the motor and structure and I tied the support for that to the walls and so I don't have any room for an interior.

Last night an alternative method of driving the toast occurred to me.  I'll try that over the next few days and see if that's more robust.

Wow! Superb idea! I really like thet toasts on the top of the building! Real life it would be successful, I'm sure! :wink:

That's really cool!! I agree with others about the need for a window and an interior would be nice too but if you manage to get the toast to move that would be great!!! 

Nice work!!!