Hi!

Two years ago, I had made a Gymkhana with Ken Block’s Ford Fiesta. It drifted well, but I wanted to do better using the BuWizz.

So I decided to make a better chassis and pair it with the bodywork of the world’s best rally driver’s car : Sébastien loeb’s DS3!

430556CitronDS3WRCSbastienLoeb1.jpg
153009CitronDS3WRCSbastienLoeb2.jpg
896143CitronDS3WRCSbastienLoeb3.jpg
193074CitronDS3WRCSbastienLoeb4.jpg
917450CitronDS3WRCSbastienLoeb5.jpg
473827CitronDS3WRCSbastienLoeb6.jpg
211830CitronDS3WRCSbastienLoeb7.jpg

This new chassis‘ works in the same way as the old version, but it’s better at drifting.

First of all, a reminder of how it works:

When turning, the adherence at the rear axle is decreased. This is due to the caster angle of the front axle which lifts the rear interior wheel. (Like a karting il me semble qu’on dit a go-kart mais il faut vérifier!!)

So, what changes with this new chassis compared to the old version?

The caster angle is the same, but the swerve front wheels relative to their pivot point is decreased (?). The rigidity has been decreased, and the transmission has been upgraded. Now, it has less friction. The consequence is that the difference of adherence at the rear axle is smoother when turning, so drifting is more realistic. Furthermore, there is the amazing BuWizz power!

However, the car isn’t easier to handle. (It takes a lot of time to control it perfectly)

185284CitronDS3WRCSbastienLoeb8.jpg

This car has got stickers, and building instructions!

Both have been made by Thorsten Spelz, so thanks to him!

Click here

297511DS32.png
738487DS33.png
776530DS35.png
662010DS36.png

And now, the Gymkhana!

Edited by Anto

Amazing, works really well, how did you do the panning shot when the car is jumping? 

That is a fun little drive. Great video with the bullettime shot of the jump. How did you make that? Is that a real bulettime recordingsetup with mulitple cameras?

This whole video was pro! Great work with the camera angles, my favorite part is the  360º view when the car is above the truck. Awesome! :wub:

The build is great..... the video even better.  I love Ken Blocks stuff..... and your rendition is terrific.  The multiple camera angles....the shots of the drift close to edges..... wonderful stuff.  How many takes did that require anyways?? 

Thanks for sharing. 

I'm glad you like the car and the video! :wink:

I spent around 9-10 hours to record the video. I did 430 shots. (20Go of video!)

And for the jump over the #8109, I put the car on a green support, then I hid it and remplaced it by another background (It's not perfect, you can see something)

I'll make a "Behind the scenes ", and you'll can see more precisely how I did the whole video! :classic:

2 hours ago, Anto said:

I'm glad you like the car and the video! :wink:

I spent around 9-10 hours to record the video. I did 430 shots. (20Go of video!)

And for the jump over the #8109, I put the car on a green support, then I hid it and remplaced it by another background (It's not perfect, you can see something)

I'll make a "Behind the scenes ", and you'll can see more precisely how I did the whole video! :classic:

Very clever, work on the video 

Your car is awesome and drifts perfectly, but your editing skills are off the charts, thanks for this amazing experience!

Your car is awesome and video is outstanding. I wish I could someday make playable models like that. Your video shooting and editing is something what I can only dream of. 

This is probably the most amount of details I've seen on a car this scale, wow!

And that video is really, really well made, and yes, the liftarm is slightly visible, but only after you pointed it out:classic:

5 hours ago, ThatOneBuilder said:

This is probably the most amount of details I've seen on a car this scale, wow!

And that video is really, really well made, and yes, the liftarm is slightly visible, but only after you pointed it out:classic:

I saw the piece holding it up without it before anto said anything about it. It was sort of hidden, but kudos to you for doing a good job hiding it.

41 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I saw the piece holding it up without it before anto said anything about it. It was sort of hidden, but kudos to you for doing a good job hiding it.

Yeah it's been really well done

My DS3 is exhibited in the Lego Store Saarbrücken. This has at times light-fitted because this week we have the WRC in Saarland.

Edited by Thorsten50