Hello !

This is my first topic so I hope I got everything right in terms of format and stuff ! I'm working on a first draft of the Resistance's Crait speeder with my super limited parts collection. This isn't final (I've already changed up the cockpit since these photos) but I was hoping someone could give me advice about how to construct the hull surfaces around the technic beams connecting the 3 sections ? I don't have much experience using lift arms in builds but wanted this MOC to be able to bounce around and drop on the ground without falling apart !

35686131604_0efb9ac4bd.jpg

36124595930_fd52e0e36d.jpg

36124593650_2e86842689.jpg

36124593070_bace4417a5.jpg

Thanks !

Edited by gudetamago

This looks absolutely fantastic. I'd need some more pictures to tell you if it could be structurally improved any, but the very nature of the ship leads me to believe that it's not going to be able to be very sturdy in the first place.

5 hours ago, Nokturn said:

This looks absolutely fantastic. I'd need some more pictures to tell you if it could be structurally improved any, but the very nature of the ship leads me to believe that it's not going to be able to be very sturdy in the first place.

On 13/08/2017 at 10:50 AM, roadstermatt said:

looks very good

On 13/08/2017 at 6:26 AM, deraven said:

Nice MOC, and the photography with those red bricks on the white carpet really sells it!  Well done.  :classic:

Thank you !! I ended up reworking it to have just a plate base. Both ways were very strong but it looks a little more polished with the new build, but not as accurate in the silhouette. Thank you all !!!

Very nice MOC, it does indeed look very sturdy. I also love the first picture's composition with the red bricks :laugh:

Having seen them in action in the movie, I was wondering if you have shortened the "ski" part which appears a bit too long in my opinion. Pictures of your updated version are also welcome :wink:

17 hours ago, Cypirate said:

Very nice MOC, it does indeed look very sturdy. I also love the first picture's composition with the red bricks :laugh:

Having seen them in action in the movie, I was wondering if you have shortened the "ski" part which appears a bit too long in my opinion. Pictures of your updated version are also welcome :wink:

Looking back it really was too long, huh! It didn’t stay built but I may put together a similar version, because I really loved that scene and the official one just looks way too big ? I’ll post on here if I do make one!

4 hours ago, migma said:

Looks amazing!!! Nice job!!

Thank you !!!

4 hours ago, gudetamago said:

Looking back it really was too long, huh! It didn’t stay built but I may put together a similar version, because I really loved that scene and the official one just looks way too big ? I’ll post on here if I do make one!

Thank you !!!

Okay, I'll keep a lookout for it :laugh: