Vorkosigan

[MOC] Chaos Warrior Figs (Nexo, Ninjago, Elves Combo)

When I first saw the Nexo Knights helmet used for Lord Krakenskull in 70355 I knew I wanted to make some historic fantasy figs with it. These guys combine Nexo heads and helmet, Ninjago and Nexo body parts, and Elves shields and emblem tiles. A real adventure themes smorgasbord. The hard part was getting the printing off the helmets. I followed the brasso tutorial on here but some of the printing goes into the crevices around the eyes, brow ridge, and "teeth", meaning a lot of toothpick scrubbing is needed. And then getting the brasso out of all the little corners was fun too! Worth it for these cool helmets though, hopefully they are available without printing at some point. 

7bQ62N3l.jpg

ihw1Pedl.jpg

fy1v0Htl.jpg

I have been lurking on here for almost a year, and am gearing up to post my own fantasy armies I've been working on: and am hoping  to revitalize the Army and "fantasy kingdom wars" builds that people used to post more frequently. But this post is what made me pull the trigger: these look so cool. I've gotta do it myself.  Can you please link to the removing tutorial you're referencing?

2 hours ago, TheAmericanDragon said:

I have been lurking on here for almost a year, and am gearing up to post my own fantasy armies I've been working on: and am hoping  to revitalize the Army and "fantasy kingdom wars" builds that people used to post more frequently. But this post is what made me pull the trigger: these look so cool. I've gotta do it myself.  Can you please link to the removing tutorial you're referencing?

Glad to inspire you! Be careful the parts can get scuffed. Using a particularly soft cloth seemed to help a bit. 

Really a strong look! They really look like a little army of evil (or chaos:wink:). I personally wouldn't want to remove the prints, but your results speak for themselves. Striking! :classic:

Those guys look fantastic.  Great combination of parts.  The purist in me can't fathom removing a print on my own, but it's really nice to see it, and it looks great!

I did the same with my Krakenskull helmet. Though I had to cut the helmet a bit for my use.  As sadly I found it doesn't work with the Chima Phoenix armor. As the small ridge in the back of the helmet collides with the collar part of the phoenix armor. I cut off that little ridge on the back bottom of Krakenskulls helmet and now it fits with the armor perfectly.

It's a shame that Lego designed them that way. They look cool together. I wish Lego had originally designed the Chima Phoenix armor without that annoying collar part. As a lot more helmets would be compatible with it.

Here is my sigfig with the armor and helmet combination

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/SkeletonDragon/20170815_142910.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/SkeletonDragon/20170815_142939.jpg