Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Island Outpost

This model was inspired by a LUG challenge focused around the Pirates theme. While I usually only make a few Pirates builds each year, it has always been one of my favorite genres. The one limit for the challenge was that your entry had to be no bigger than the largest official Pirates set. I have always been more attracted to the islands, forts, and land settings than ships themselves, so I settled on building a small fort on an island. A single 32×32 baseplate served as the foundation for the model.

For once a peaceful day with no pirates, or enemy ships in sight of the small Imperial outpost. Which makes it a fitting time to restock with some fresh supplies.

overview-3.jpg

back-1.jpg

right-1.jpg

courtyard.jpg

More pictures are available on brickbuilt.

Thanks for looking :pir-classic:

This is quite nice! I like the technique you used for the tower's window, it looks great! 
Did the restriction mean piece count or base/height size?

I really like this! a lot! it reminds me of a Playmobil set, rebuilt in LEGO!

In any case, something must be said about the amount of detail you put into this as well!

On 8/11/2017 at 0:59 PM, XBrickmonster said:

This is quite nice! I like the technique you used for the tower's window, it looks great! 
Did the restriction mean piece count or base/height size?

Thanks! No part count limit, just had to fit within the footprint of official sets :classic:

On 8/11/2017 at 5:46 PM, Jevil said:

I really like this! a lot! it reminds me of a Playmobil set, rebuilt in LEGO!

In any case, something must be said about the amount of detail you put into this as well!

Thank you!

12 hours ago, Master_Data said:

This is really nice! I like the doors and the water. I'll have to try those on my next MOC!

Thanks!