Sign in to follow this  
LordBola

Unique Lego Star Wars Misprint (Worth hundreds?)

Three years ago, I bought a large amount of the exclusively new "Kashyyyk battle pack" sets. Agreed by everyone, the primary reason for these sets were the highly detailed Scout trooper, whilst lurking in the background, remained the non-cannon Kashyyyk clone trooper. Although, the value for the ordinary troop barely suffices over £5, there was a rather stranger peculiar misprint, which was briefly spotted 2 days prior construction. This misprint, annoyingly encouraged me to discard the misprint, however with conversations with Lego, a replacement was offered.

Fortunately, I still have this misprinted helmet piece, where the front facing detail is reversed, meaning that the front helmet is plain, olive green, whilst the detailing is behind. 

Anyone have any clue, on the value behind this misprint? Please find the image attached below. 

Kind regards, 

http://imgur.com/a/rCEsW

That's a fun piece, but I don't think it would have any real monetary value.  Lego misprints are rare in my experience (the infamous Back to the future DeLorean with "Sheild" printed on the flux capacitor, and a slightly demented looking Daisy Duck headpiece are the only ones I can think of in my own collection). While they are great to see, I don't think I've ever heard of any collectors who go after them... it's more the kind of thing where you treasure a misprinted part if you happen to come across one.

Edited by NathanR

Not sure its valuable tbh - misaligned stamps/coins tend to get value usually because they are collected by vast numbers of people, and there are people who collect the oddities themselves - not so sure AFOLs collect lego figures in the same way.  Maybe if it was more of a special edition minifig....but you can always auction it with a reserve and see how you get on.

Lego misprints are very rare, considering they (Lego) are often viewed as the highest quality in building/construction bricks. Misprints from Lego are rare and often worth a decent amount of money, depending on the severity of the misprint. If the helmet print is completely reversed, chances are the figure can sell for hundreds (possibly more).

Maybe there are collectors out there that specifically collect misprint. you could list it on ebay and see how much someone is willing to pay. 

There are collectors that purchase misprints but I think the misprint (or mis-mold) has to be more ... functional ... to be valuable. Depends on the misprint depends on the situation. I don't think this one would present any particular value.

I got the latest version of the snow trooper where the face is printed at a 45 degree angle - I like it a lot as it basically looks like the troopers head is turned - which is not something you can do easily with the helmet mould. Never considered whether it’s worth anything tho, but if I saw it for sale I’d probably try and buy it.

As a collector I suppose anything unique is appealing, and more so if it’s aestheticaly pleasing, and as with anything it’s worth what someone’s willing to pay for it...