MnnMtq

[MOC] Edificio Metropolis Madrid

In the past few weeks I've been busy on this beauty: Edificio Metropolis Madrid. The roof was a real pain in the #!@$, but I think it's done nicely.

I've only used Google Earth and some photographs of this tourist hot-spot building in the capital of Spain. The only thing not being LEGO are the stickers with the word METROPOLIS and the Golden Arches sign of McDonald's.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

edificiometropolis.jpg

To watch these pictures in a larger size, please visit my folder at BrickShelf

Edited by MnnMtq

A very imposing building! Looks like you've captured the likeness very well. In some ways it's hard to appreciate all the details with most of the facade being white but that's representative of the building. In a way it would be great to see similar techniques used from yourself here in another building that's not based necessarily on a real life one. With some colour you're techniques would really stand out! Great job and keep up the good work!

The Brickshelf files need to be made public.

Good MOC. :thumbup:

With the new Friends, Disney Princess and Elves sets there might now be a better way to recreate those gold details on the roof.

Just amazing this one. A dome like this you dont see very mutch. Very well done..

Wonderful creation, such detailing in Lego is tough but you pulled it off congrats on also being Front Paged here on EB.

Brick On 'MnnMtq' !

Just now, DEFCON SHARK said:

Hello Mnnmtq. What is the purpose and story of the real Metropolis building ?

It was build between 1907-1911. In the first place as a office building for the insurance company La Unión y el Fenix. 

It was designed by the two brothers Jules and Raymond Février. It's build in a typical Beaux-Arts style. 

Did you know the roof (dome) contains 30.000 real gold plates? 

On 13/08/2017 at 10:29 PM, MnnMtq said:

It was build between 1907-1911. In the first place as a office building for the insurance company La Unión y el Fenix. 

It was designed by the two brothers Jules and Raymond Février. It's build in a typical Beaux-Arts style. 

Did you know the roof (dome) contains 30.000 real gold plates? 

30.000 Gold plates !? Impressive...
So it was designed by French architects ?

That is a stunning piece of work!! Comparing it to the real life photos, I love the attention to detail you've put into the walls and that dome is a work of art!!! Beautiful!!

Excellent stuff!!!