Falconfan1414

Disney's Future with Lego

I wish they would have made normal Incredibles 2 sets, but if the sets are good I will get a juniors set.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Does anyone think Lego will just use the juniors for Pixar movies now? If it is the case then toy story 4 will probably be juniors. Also for the incredibles 2 sets I hope they include all of the family members plus frozone. They wouldn't leave one out right?

I actully think Toy Story being a juniors wave is not a bad idea, the first sets had more of a kiddie feel then other themes.

I just hope that the Incredibles minifigures are somewhat exclusive. I don't want to have them the same as the CMF. I don't want a repeat of Donald Duck in the CMF series and the Disney Castle

On 8/22/2017 at 8:41 PM, Khscarymovie4 said:

I wish they would have made normal Incredibles 2 sets, but if the sets are good I will get a juniors set.

I guess we would have heard otherwise already, but I almost wonder if there is a normal line of sets coming for the film. 

Why? Well, if there is a entied video game coming by TT Games for the movie like stated in the catalog, would the only products for it really just be these three Juniors sets? :def_shrug:

I don't know, it just seems rather unusual I think.

It is indeed a little disappointing that they are Juniors sets since those never have more than 3 minifigs or any good builds, but hopefully the minifigs will at least be good. Like others, I'm just happy we're getting sets at all!

I really hope that not all Pixar sets will be Juniors from now on. It goes completely against the idea that Pixar movies are for the whole family, not just little kids. I was OK with Cars 3 being Juniors since the sets were all just simple little cars anyway, but I wouldn't want the same to happen for Toy Story and other great films. While I have to admit that a lot of the Toy Story set designs were a little simplistic, there were some great builds too like the garbage truck. It would be a shame if we had to miss out on such designs.

If there is one bright side to them being Junior sets, at least we'll get some nice printed elements.

And honestly, so long as the minifigures match the style of the Disney CMF one than I'll be perfectly content. I do hope that if we get jack-jack they'll use the existing baby mold as it would be nice to get some variation for that mold.

One Disney theme that I can't wait for that I am pretty sure will come back is Indiana jones. When Disney releases the new one in 2020 I can't see them not bricking the theme back.

Just now, notpennysboat said:

In the Junior theme, LEGO uses minidolls with Disney, do we have to expect minidolls for The Incredible 2 or minifigures ?

I doubt they would use minidolls since The Incredibles is more of a boy oriented theme. At least I certainly hope not. Imagining Mr. Incredible as a minidoll is just... wrong. And how would they even do Dash or Jack Jack? It would make no sense. 

On 30/08/2017 at 4:14 AM, Oky said:

I doubt they would use minidolls since The Incredibles is more of a boy oriented theme. At least I certainly hope not. Imagining Mr. Incredible as a minidoll is just... wrong. And how would they even do Dash or Jack Jack? It would make no sense. 

Obviously I prefer minifigures, just to make the point it would be the first time they use minifigures with Disney in Junior Theme and also the very first time they use minifigures in a standard Disney set (I mean the Castle is not a classic/standard set).

Edited by notpennysboat

6 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

Obviously I prefer minifigures, just to make the point it would be the first time they use minifigures with Disney in Junior Theme and also the very first time they use minifigures in a standard set (I mean the Castle is not a classic/standard set).

My guess is that The Incredibles 2 will be a new sub theme of Juniors like Cars 3 rather than be part of the Disney sub theme (which is essentially a rebranding of the Disney Princess theme). 

I really hope it's not minidolls. For me I'm just happy to get incredible 2 sets at all. I can't tell the prices based on the box sizes for each based on the leaked photo. They seem to be about 15-20 dollar sets so based on that I would expect 2-3 minifigures in each. The biggest set is like 50$. I'm not sure they have ever done a junior set with minifigures that's around 50$ so maybe like 6ish minifigures. For me I will buy all of these sets right away and the builds will only be a plus for me if they are good but I really want the minifigures. As long as we get the family plus frozon plus the villian I will be very very happy

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Does anyone think that Lego might consider doing at least a Juniors subtheme of sets for November 2018's sequel to Wreck-It Ralph next year? :shrug_confused:

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 - Wikipedia

I would love wreck it Ralph sets. If they do release sets then they will probably come out in August next year. The only thing is Ralph's size. Ralph might have to be a big fig and I don't know if Lego will ever put a big fig in a juniors set

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I would love wreck it Ralph sets. If they do release sets then they will probably come out in August next year. The only thing is Ralph's size. Ralph might have to be a big fig and I don't know if Lego will ever put a big fig in a juniors set

Well, though it wasn't a Juniors set, we did get that one Maui bigfig in the one of the Moana sets; so bigfigs have been used outside of older boys' themes.

If you look at the Wiki article I linked for next year's sequel, it says that nearly all of Disney's Princess characters will be making appearances in the film voiced by their original voice actors. Also, some Star Wars and Marvel characters will appear in the sequel, to some degree or another.

I'm not sure how much of a role any of the princess characters will play in the movie, but since its technically marketed towards boys, hypothetical sets would feature minifigures as opposed to minidolls. So maybe, such sets may perhaps give us some of those princess characters in minifigure form. :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, though it wasn't a Juniors set, we did get that one Maui bigfig in the one of the Moana sets; so bigfigs have been used outside of older boys' themes.

If you look at the Wiki article I linked for next year's sequel, it says that nearly all of Disney's Princess characters will be making appearances in the film voiced by their original voice actors. Also, some Star Wars and Marvel characters will appear in the sequel, to some degree or another.

I'm not sure how much of a role any of the princess characters will play in the movie, but since its technically marketed towards boys, hypothetical sets would feature minifigures as opposed to minidolls. So maybe, such sets may perhaps give us some of those princess characters in minifigure form. :shrug_oh_well:

This is defiantly a interesting idea. with the biggest cars 3 set and based on the box size for the biggest incredibles 2 set, it's not like they are shy from making large juniors sets. If they do realease sets under the juniors like I could see them either including a normal minifigure sized Ralph or including him as a big fig in a large set that is 30 dollars plus and them doing a smallish one with the princess's and Valleope. I would say it's a 50-50 chance that we do get sets based off it 

Looking back at the leaked photo of the set boxes. It says join the family and fight crime together. So I will take that as we at least will get a fully family. Hopefully they include frozen. Anyone else had the idea also that they will use the arms for ms marvel for mrs incredible 

41 minutes ago, justjonnoh said:

Any word if we will ever get a CMF2?

For Disney, definitely not in 2018, which has been confirmed by various sources to be slotted up by TLBM S2 in January, S18 in May, and a Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts one in September.

Now nothing has been confirmed for 2019, but with The Lego Movie 2 and The Billion Brick Race being released in cinemas that year in February and May respectively, the January and May CMS slots most likely will be filled up with CMSs for those two films. So, that just leaves us with September 2019 as the earliest possible date for such a CMS. But the thing is, we have yet to see a year without a "regular" CMS, and I don't really know if Lego will ever forgo a year without one; so the September slot may be filled with that instead, pushing a potential Disney S2 to January 2020 at the earliest in that case.

7 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

pushing a potential Disney S2 to January 2020 at the earliest in that case.

Argh! So far away! The first series seemed to be designed with at least one more series in mind (i.e. a number of incomplete groups) and the first series also seemed to be a success (at least in Australia where it sold really well). Hopefully we will see a second series eventually.

I'd rather have another Disney series than another Lego Batman series, but sadly we are getting more Batman and no word on more Disney. There might be some licensing agreements limiting another Disney series from being made, but Disney is such a fount of possible figures that Lego could have a field day making another series. I can't think of much that was in the Lego Batman film which hasn't already been made due to that theme's large amount of sets and the already existing figure wave. The reveal of the Batman D2C set today makes it clear we are even getting the White-Disco suits from the end-credits for the main cast! So yeah, oversaturated with Batman. Would rather have a Lego Goofy :tongue:

Apparently, Disney XD will be premiering a animated Big Hero 6 TV series this November, with a second season greenlighted by Disney back in March ahead of the premiere of the first season.

Big Hero 6 (TV series)-Wikipedia

Does anyone think that Lego would be interested in producing sets for the show if the series were successful, at least as Juniors subtheme line?

6 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Apparently, Disney XD will be premiering a animated Big Hero 6 TV series this November, with a second season greenlighted by Disney back in March ahead of the premiere of the first season.

Big Hero 6 (TV series)-Wikipedia

Does anyone think that Lego would be interested in producing sets for the show if the series were successful, at least as Juniors subtheme line?

Lego has not done any non-Duplo sets based on Disney TV series, which to be honest confuses me a little. I would think that things like Tangled the Series could be a natural fit for sets, but so far no dice.

Oh! It would be great! I'm not sure about a juniors line, because there's many characters and Baymax. A little bit sophisticated imo. Maybe a set with the restaurant? And another with the labo?

And I agree about the lake of set from Disney TV series. Cassandra from Tangled, Elena and the hypogrif?  (I don't really know the story but this creature is so wondefull), Sofia, her family, fairies, flying horses, etc. Really upsetting indeed.