Hi everyone,

it took me a while, but here it is: the third and final part of my Amsterdam project. There are now two more canal houses and two canal boats next to the already existing Book Store and Cheese Shop.

35608812884_4ea54d0faa_c.jpg

The narrow dark red and white building contains a music store on four floors that sells records and a great selection of modern and classic musical instruments. The corner building provides space for three different businesses: a flower shop on the ground floor, a therapist on the first floor and a tailor shop on the two remaining floors.

36047034810_e1f7665166.jpg 36443829995_9fce3ee9d3.jpg

36047034400_9c235e7838.jpg 36443830925_ea386c5c5d.jpg

36398121626_5c09167264.jpg 36275442022_61e6cfae66.jpg

36398122736_b3abca77b6.jpg 36443837655_3136ffc7a8.jpg

35636140633_8e8bab029f.jpg 36443824835_46631843ed.jpg

The two houseboats are also inhabited and fully furnished.

35636144283_272a6634ba.jpg 36275461102_7bfc3e7751.jpg

36398105946_c430871a50.jpg[ 36047030130_a48197203b.jpg

For more photos and detailed views of the interior please take a look at the flickr album.

I hope you like it.

I have never been to Amsterdam, but if it looks anything like your MOC, then I definitely want to go there! :wink:

Its a beautiful build. Very friendly and tidy with some really cute interior arrangements. :classic:

Yes, definitely Amsterdam. The house boats are great, they really add to the amsterdam feel. Fun flowery couch in one of them btw. You could add some plants/flowers or stuff on the roofs if you want too, a lot of them have that.

I also love the music store, lots of records and lots of guitars (hanging in a more lifelike way than just one guitar from the wall), but pianos on the top level? I hope they have strong customers x-D

If you want it to be more Amsterdammy, you should broaden the road a bit more, park a lot of cars near the quay, loose the low fence that prohibits one falls in the canal and add "amsterdammetjes" instead. And at last add a lot of bikes and a scooterbike. :-)

great job!

Edited by Borex

6 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

I have never been to Amsterdam, but if it looks anything like your MOC, then I definitely want to go there! :wink:

Its a beautiful build. Very friendly and tidy with some really cute interior arrangements. :classic:

It does look like this.. so, go there!!

Lovely and typical façades you've created, The corner building could need a few extra small details on the facade, to break it up a bit. Maybe you can add a detail over all the windows, just underneath the bows?

Oh I'Ve been looking forward to more Amsterdam styled builds from you. This was unexpected! Absolutely beautiful, especially when seeing them all together in this nice diorama.

2 hours ago, Borex said:

If you want it to be more Amsterdammy, you should broaden the road a bit more, park a lot of cars near the quay, loose the low fence that prohibits one falls in the canal and add "amsterdammetjes" instead. And at last add a lot of bikes and a scooterbike. :-)

And then lots of dog poo.

O, My!!!

Love Love this!!!

-  the scale, the colors, the look of it is Spot on

Amazing!!!

Greetings!

You've done a fine job with this. Particularly like the corner building's colour coordination. The cheese store's ground floor exterior is excellent and those plant techniques are clever too, I'll be using those ideas.

On 10.8.2017 at 3:07 AM, Littleworlds said:

Thank you very much. You should definitely go. I really liked it there.

On 10.8.2017 at 9:03 AM, Borex said:

Yes, definitely Amsterdam. The house boats are great, they really add to the amsterdam feel. Fun flowery couch in one of them btw. You could add some plants/flowers or stuff on the roofs if you want too, a lot of them have that.

I also love the music store, lots of records and lots of guitars (hanging in a more lifelike way than just one guitar from the wall), but pianos on the top level? I hope they have strong customers x-D

great job!

Thanks. Yeah, well, it's LEGO. Minifigs are strong :laugh: And isn't this the reason why canal houses have pulleys in the gable? So you can lift heavy stuff and pull it through the window. And yes you're right, most of the boats have a lot flowers on top. I wanted to do that also, but I didn't like the way it looked. So I went for "clean" roofs. What are "amsterdammetjes"?

On 10.8.2017 at 9:24 AM, LegoSjaak said:

It does look like this.. so, go there!!

Lovely and typical façades you've created, The corner building could need a few extra small details on the facade, to break it up a bit. Maybe you can add a detail over all the windows, just underneath the bows?

Thank you. The corner building is based on the canal house at the corner of Prinsengracht and Brouwsersgracht. It has indeed some more details on the facade, but I found it hard to incorporate them.

260px-P2ev.jpg

On 10.8.2017 at 9:58 AM, peedeejay said:

Oh I'Ve been looking forward to more Amsterdam styled builds from you. This was unexpected! Absolutely beautiful, especially when seeing them all together in this nice diorama.

Thank you very much! Glad you like it.

On 10.8.2017 at 0:11 PM, carebear said:

O, My!!!

Love Love this!!!

-  the scale, the colors, the look of it is Spot on

Amazing!!!

Greetings!

Thanks.

On 10.8.2017 at 7:12 PM, koalayummies said:

Absolutely gorgeous building, beautiful use of color and perfect photography. Perfection all around. :wub:

Thank you very much. Taking photos is always the toughest part of the process. It always takes some iterations until lighting and focus is right and I am satisfied with the results.

20 hours ago, Minifig Lecturer said:

You've done a fine job with this. Particularly like the corner building's colour coordination. The cheese store's ground floor exterior is excellent and those plant techniques are clever too, I'll be using those ideas.

Thanks. Feel free.

13 hours ago, theycallmemrdarko said:

Fantastic as usual! Really enjoy the color palette you used on this one. Your interiors are just amazing looking, especially the music store. Great job :)

Thank you! Building the interior mostly takes as long as the main building. Glad you like it.

12 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Beautiful diorama ...I like the boats on the river! :wub:

Spectacular Amsterdam and Dutch corner slice. The interiors are just as nicely detailed as the exterior. I vividly remember Amsterdam looking like this, especially with the canal boat houses. If you were to keep adding to it, I would suggest making a bridge crossing the canal to the other side with another side of row homes.

Miro

I have never been a fan of Dutch architecture (maybe it was just Market Street soured the sight), but seeing more and more LEGO builds has changed my mind. These look brilliantly done. I love the color scheme. I love the details you've incorporated. I definitely am more intrigued in visiting and taking in the sights. I wonder why Market Street isn't as attractive, yet so many MOCs in the Dutch style look great.

Keep up the good work!

It's been a while since Market Street was released and it was not done by a LEGO designer. It'd be really nice to see Jaimy's take on this in a current modular building.

Having said that: great MOC! You really brought it alive by the street (and canal) scenery and the detailed interiors.

Excellent stuff, digging those colours, the photographing brings them up very nicely. Cool interiors, too. The growing array of music instrument parts seems to encourage people to build music stores, but heck, there can't be enough music stores.

Great combination of style and colour - I especially like the florist building. The houseboats round the scene off perfectly!!

Nice work!!

Love your Amsterdam project and this final build is fantastic. I really like the addition of the canal boathouses.