Here I present my Lego Technic Airport Refueler.  Yet another airport vehicle.

36413696686_d9d5191705_c.jpg

36413665326_e102c77f4a_c.jpg

I wanted to build a truck with a remote controlled gear box, changing gear using a Servo motor, all wheel drive and with suspension on every axle.

I started with the gearbox setup from Didumos69 used in his beautiful Rugged supercar. Ideal for use with a servo motor to change gear. But I had problems shifting down gear and slipping gears when driving. My biggest concern was the amount of space the gear box needed. The distance between the axles was to large. (I wanted to build a tractor truck and not just a big truck).

After a few  attempts, using other examples found on the internet, I finished with a ordinary, simple inline 3 speed gear box. I had to rebuild it several times because of slipping gears….. not robust/strong enough. Shifting gear only works well during drive. Sometimes the middle gear jams causing a bad shift of gears.

36322387341_0ef2da5686.jpg36413669886_af25d71563.jpg

36413669266_c6592ef369_c.jpg

Finally the distance between the axles was still big, but that gave me the idea to make my truck an airport refueler truck, seen on the airport. On top of the gearbox I could place a platform lift and on top the rear axle the 5th wheel for coupling a trailer.

I hardy had bricks to build the trailer, I did not want to dismantle my Mercedes Arocs (or other vehicles) because both trucks have the same scale. Therefor I used I 125 [mm] tube to create the tank on my trailer, it also saved weight.

The axles of truck and trailer have suspension.
Coupling the trailer is done manually.

The 4x4 truck functions are controlled by the SBrick from Vengit.
SBrick: 1
Drive: 2 XL motor
Platform lift: 1 L motor
Steering: 1 Servo motor
Shifting gear: 1 Servo motor (3 different speeds).

Size:

Length: 110 studs - 860 [mm]

Width: 21 studs - 165 [mm]

Height: 28 studs - 260 [mm] platform down (about 14 studs higher with the platform lifted)

Here is movie of my Refueler, hope you like it.

Click here you can find more pictures.

Edited by MikeTwo9398
Added link to Flickr

This is quite nice! Technic MOCs have entered the airport recently, and among the airport stuff, this MOC is outstanding!

Do you know how it would scale compared to 42068?

8 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

This is quite nice! Technic MOCs have entered the airport recently, and among the airport stuff, this MOC is outstanding!

Do you know how it would scale compared to 42068?

42068 is to small for this scale. Would even fit your airport catering truck :wink:

It fits the scale of the Mercedes Arocs 42043. I made some pictures with the Mercedes and the Dump truck with Barcode 8479.

36062452940_aa07257edd_c.jpg

36062453600_39fe991d3a_c.jpg

35651521143_a1dfac1cd0_c.jpg

Click here for larger pictures.

48 minutes ago, MikeTwo9398 said:

I made some pictures with the Mercedes and the Dump truck with Barcode 8479.

Thanks for answering my question. Your truck looks stunning next to the 2 others:thumbup: