35613437084_5f1b624f6a_z.jpg

Captain Whiffo stood on the newly finished small dock, thoughtfully perusing the document in his hands, a couple of crates of miscellaneous goods by his side.

35613418554_efa09851bf_z.jpg

"Mmhm, yes, alright," he muttered to himself, and then looking up, and addressing the world of the Brick Seas at large - though there happened to be no one there to hear him - he began reading in a stentorian voice,

"Ladies, gentlemen, etc., etc., etc., of the Brick Seas!"

"Be it known to you that on this day, the 8th of August of the year 617, Captain Whiffo makes over the ownership of Whiffo Dock to the honorable Corlanders for the use of the inhabitants of New Haven, in accordance with the Treaty of blah, blah, blah - hoping that it may thrive and become a bustling center of trade in the years to come." 

He looked around satisfactorily.  Nothing but jungle and water could be seen anywhere about - New Haven was somewhere... out there - but what of it?  This location had suited him just fine, and he prided himself on his Eslandolan foresight on all things mercantile and economic, and had concluded that this would be a splendid situation for a future center of commerce and a great place to unload... dinghies?

36280163502_7bfd19cd99_z.jpg

Pshaw!  He turned back to his parchment. 

"This dock, therefore - named in my honor, of course," he added aside - "shall stand as lasting testimony to the good-will of Eslandola to all, blah, blah, blah - you folks," he looked up with a smile, "is what it means to say - and shall prove that Eslandolans are men of their words - or men of their diplomats' words... I never signed that treaty - well!"  He turned to the paper again, "Excellent, excellent - that will do the job admirably.  I certainly hope the Corries do appreciate the work, for I tell you, it goes very much against the Eslandolan grain to build a dock and then leave it for somebody else to make money off of.  Ah, well! - se la vie..."

And with that he pulled out a handy sword, and pinned the parchment down to the boards of the new dock.

35640651903_6eb621b43a_z.jpg

He stepped back to admire the scene,

35613349004_5a9e7dd533_z.jpg

And then turned and left the small new dock to itself and the jungle...

36051511590_359a4fda22_z.jpg

And a somewhat random shot of Captain Whiffo by the rock I had to use to hold the paper down in the wind :laugh:

36448271075_aa9aa56d2e_z.jpg

Just a little build from me for BoBS for the Corries' New Haven settlement - I did try out a bit of a new (for me!) rock-work technique which was meant to be an attempt at SK's angled rocks (connected via a technic axle), but I'm not really too sure about how it turned out :grin:

It is a small commerce to be licenced by Corrington.

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome as always!

I think the rock work turned out quite nice, especially in such a small scene it really stands out as a great detail. The angled dock also really adds to the scene. I'm sure the fishermen of New Haven will find a use for such a generously built structure! Thank you on their behalf and on behalf of the great Empire of Corrington.

:pir-laugh: Very nice little build Garmadon, great idea with the sword sticking into the dock!  Captain Whiffo is pretty humorous also! :thumbup: 

Nice build and story! Regarding this rock-work technique, what particularly strikes me as odd, is the 4xY plate that leaves a (smallish) gap underneath it. Other than that, it is interesting and I will certainly try it myself!

On 8/8/2017 at 3:42 PM, Ayrlego said:

I think the rock work turned out quite nice, especially in such a small scene it really stands out as a great detail. The angled dock also really adds to the scene. I'm sure the fishermen of New Haven will find a use for such a generously built structure! Thank you on their behalf and on behalf of the great Empire of Corrington.

Thanks Ayrlego!  Hope you all can get some good use out of it! :grin:

On 8/8/2017 at 4:12 PM, Kai NRG said:

:pir-laugh: Very nice little build Garmadon, great idea with the sword sticking into the dock!  Captain Whiffo is pretty humorous also! :thumbup: 

Thanks Kai!  Unfortunately there was no way to actually stick it through the paper, but... :pir_laugh2:  Glad you liked the story! 

On 8/9/2017 at 2:01 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Nice build and story! Regarding this rock-work technique, what particularly strikes me as odd, is the 4xY plate that leaves a (smallish) gap underneath it. Other than that, it is interesting and I will certainly try it myself!

Thanks Blackdeath!  Yep, that's what bugged me about it a bit too - it's because of all the tilts you have available with the technic axles... I think it might be easier to solve those gaps in a larger build, but really, I'm not entirely sure! :pir-grin:  But I do know that SK did an awesome job of it in this build here!

16871991387_6ab31d5df3_z.jpg

A funny story and a nice little build. I really like the angled dock and though I don't completely understand the rockwork (as I am still trying to figure out basic rockwork) the build does look nice. The last picture is a fun one. :pir-sweet: What piece is making up the stock of that palm tree? 

Somehow I failed to comment on this earlier. Adorable little dock! The rockwork is an interesting technique. (Thanks for including the inspiration build for that.) And for some reason I really like that last photo with Capt Whiffo in the foreground and the build in the background. :thumbup:

On 8/12/2017 at 2:34 PM, SilentWolf said:

A funny story and a nice little build. I really like the angled dock and though I don't completely understand the rockwork (as I am still trying to figure out basic rockwork) the build does look nice. The last picture is a fun one. :pir-sweet: What piece is making up the stock of that palm tree? 

Thanks SilentWolf!  Glad you like the angle in there - I've got enough of those nice A-frames that I thought I really ought to try to put them to good use! :grin: :laugh:  That would be one of these dinosaur tail pieces (which LEGO likes using for trees more recent too).  Thanks! 

On 8/14/2017 at 11:22 AM, RocketSeason said:

Really love it!  Small and effective.

Thanks for the kind words! :pir-sweet:

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Somehow I failed to comment on this earlier. Adorable little dock! The rockwork is an interesting technique. (Thanks for including the inspiration build for that.) And for some reason I really like that last photo with Capt Whiffo in the foreground and the build in the background. :thumbup:

Thanks Captain!  Glad to find I'm not the only one that thought so - there just somehow seemed to be something appealing about that fig by the rock :grin: 

Nice little build, I like all the details, I'm sure the Corries will make good use of it, since its reduced size fits very well to their flotilla of small ships boats.