Paul Klop

[MOC] Agrifac Condor (Agricultural Self Propelled Sprayer)

Hi everyone! After 5/6 months I made a new creation. This time an Agrifac Condor.

An Agrifac Condor is a agricultural self propelled sprayer for crop protection. 

Here are some photos and of course a video :wink: enjoy!

7mmN3__MBR1I4_EP4NncOPi2oYVCK91Ns87vSZwA

8ist9heOJNuWtSmRfcDj4N_wsvI7T62Fz46IyFzE

-BKZ433DtZLNRfaNM7RO7MfTXNFXGPWfJ-23N6g2

RYt2RA7otm4ulBO1PnJcVQsAm4EJ78P6akH7hsdl

jlKD4C6Eqzh21mCf0KJoHTIMH2EXUsgD1lCSNLYA

6_PbUUeqr8KwDEqziqfJt8InoUSnUiXwx9t6ojaf

And the video...

Feel free to comment and stay tuned for the next video with a real Agrifac Condor.

Wow! This is simply stunning. Much better than my own self-propelled sprayer, but then again you didn't have the limitation of the 42054's parts only.

The functions work well and the extended sprayer arms make the model look absolutely massive. What are the dimensions?

Nice build, it is nice to see those machines. Also the wheels are a nice toutch, as they are on the real one also small. Great build...

3 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

but then again you didn't have the limitation of the 42054's parts only.

Thanks, and that's absolutely true. I just watched your video again and it's very smart how you used all the pieces in your C-model!

5 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

What are the dimensions?

I just measured :blush: and here they are:

Collapsed

• Lenght: 51cm
  • Width: 25cm
  • Height: 20,5cm

Fold out

• Lenght: 48cm
  • Width: 130cm
  • Height: 20,5cm

The 'arms' on the real machine are 24-51 metres long (different versions) so you can say that the Lego version is scaled between 1:18 - 1:39

But I can't make the 'arms' to long because it's Lego.. :laugh: And if you look to the main body you can say that the scale is 1:12. That means the 'arms' on the Lego version are way to short to match with the real vehicle *huh*.

Thanks for your question! 

5 minutes ago, JDL1967 said:

Nice build, it is nice to see those machines. Also the wheels are a nice toutch, as they are on the real one also small. Great build...

Thanks! The wheels are very good for this machine. The only problem is that the Lego wheel hubs have to much play, so you need to strengthen it with some axles and stuff. Otherwise you get a stanced sprayer :grin:

Very nice build, Paul.  I like the detailed stickers and the mixture of pneumatic and mechanical actuators.  Any chance of seeing the insides and/or the underneath?

25 minutes ago, BusterHaus said:

Very nice build, Paul.  I like the detailed stickers and the mixture of pneumatic and mechanical actuators.  Any chance of seeing the insides and/or the underneath?

Yes, that's what technic fans love. I would like to see it too :sweet:

Nice design and features!

What a gorgeous machine! The choice of subject is brilliant. And the the color combination works really nice in technic bricks. I appreciate all the attention to the details with retractable ladder and all the stickers. The arms look a little too clumsy, but you've acknowledged that and I totally understand the compromise. I would love to see the internals too. Thanks for sharing!

5 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

4 hours ago, move5 said:

Yes, that's what technic fans love. I would like to see it too :sweet:

Nice design and features!

2 hours ago, proran said:

What a gorgeous machine! The choice of subject is brilliant. And the the color combination works really nice in technic bricks. I appreciate all the attention to the details with retractable ladder and all the stickers. The arms look a little too clumsy, but you've acknowledged that and I totally understand the compromise. I would love to see the internals too. Thanks for sharing!

43 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Very original idea and interesting realisation!

Thank you all for the very nice comments! In the next video, I'm going to do the insides/internals and the underneath. Because I'm going to film with a real Agrifac (for the next video) it can take a while (I think it wil be the end of september :look:) . 

So hopefully you can wait that long... :grin:

Again thanks for the comments!

Stunning work @Paul Klop. It's nice that the construction of agricultural machinery is becoming increasingly popular :D

The sprayer looks very good for technic building. The whole thing seems too wide. Self-propeled Spayers are rather higher than wider ones. Massive arms deepen this impression. But they are pneumatically folded so I can forgive it :P

11 hours ago, Paul Klop said:

Thanks, and that's absolutely true. I just watched your video again and it's very smart how you used all the pieces in your C-model!

Thanks! (For the compliment and for answering my question)

19 hours ago, eric trax said:

Stunning work @Paul Klop. It's nice that the construction of agricultural machinery is becoming increasingly popular :D

The sprayer looks very good for technic building. The whole thing seems too wide. Self-propeled Spayers are rather higher than wider ones. Massive arms deepen this impression. But they are pneumatically folded so I can forgive it :P

Yes, you are true. I made the sprayer wider than the 'original'. It's 2 studs more than it should be. Otherwise it should be (almost) impossible to put the wheel hubs into the chassis. And as I mentioned earlier, the 'arms are also shorter than they should... :blush:

I'm hoping that you still forgive this.. :sweet:

Thank you @Leonardo da Bricki and @Jody Meyer!!

Now this is a really nice Technic model. With proper functions; I like how you made such large sections move relatively smoothly and how the sprayer has only very little bending. And I like how you added lights everywhere, and of course the tiny fold-down ladder.

And even though it clearly places function over form, it still looks great. (And I say this as totally not into agricultural machinery). The color scheme works really nicely here, with the black details around the cabin.

Why doesn't TLC make sets like this. It's very original and different, yet still a vehicle, so it would fit great with the existing lineup of sets.

I'm not fond of the tyres personally. But, given the limitations of Lego wheels they're the best choice to come close to the real version, I guess. With the Claas tyres it would become a wholly different scale. And I like the size of this - it is large enough to have all the functions, but not larger.

3 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Now this is a really nice Technic model. With proper functions; I like how you made such large sections move relatively smoothly and how the sprayer has only very little bending. And I like how you added lights everywhere, and of course the tiny fold-down ladder.

And even though it clearly places function over form, it still looks great. (And I say this as totally not into agricultural machinery). The color scheme works really nicely here, with the black details around the cabin.

Why doesn't TLC make sets like this. It's very original and different, yet still a vehicle, so it would fit great with the existing lineup of sets.

I'm not fond of the tyres personally. But, given the limitations of Lego wheels they're the best choice to come close to the real version, I guess. With the Claas tyres it would become a wholly different scale. And I like the size of this - it is large enough to have all the functions, but not larger.

Thanks for your kind comment :classic:. I agree with the tyres. They should have a 'Claas' tyre profile. And with the wide Claas tyres it's more to drive over grass (which a sprayer also does :laugh:). This tyres are more meant for water the potatoes and more vegetables. (Credits to my father :thumbup:).

Thanks for commenting! 

Hello everyone! As you probably understood, I went to Agrifac with my Lego Agrifac Condor. I made some photos and a video, but the video needs to be reviewed by Agrifac so I can't post it right now. I hope you appreciate this. 

Currently I'm making a LDD file, and I want to make instructions. Is there a fast way to do this or can I just better sell/share the LDD file?

dcTbl11mR0d7gO79jgsr7syfoUbWSuCqhcM7E7fG

8W7sM09DNtKr98JE0HPGoR1jA-sneEWErHB7-GfH

Stunning! I would love to build your sprayer, it is always very nice experience to buld something similar to your own cration, to see how different people approaches same challenge. You can use blue render for generating instruction out of LDD, but I have zero experience with it. I prefer stud.io, exporting to .ldr and using LPub3D. If you give LDD for free I would try to make pdf instructions out of it

23 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

Stunning! I would love to build your sprayer, it is always very nice experience to buld something similar to your own cration, to see how different people approaches same challenge. You can use blue render for generating instruction out of LDD, but I have zero experience with it. I prefer stud.io, exporting to .ldr and using LPub3D. If you give LDD for free I would try to make pdf instructions out of it

Thanks! I searched for blue render, but i think you can only make a render image and not instructions with it. 

Is it easy to make instructions (with LPub3D) out of stud.io or do you also need to change every step because it's not logical (like with LDD)?

You have to build it in steps like in real life (in stud.io), but once you have it is is quite easy as camera angles can be also set up in it so there is only little work to do in LPub after that

13 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

You have to build it in steps like in real life (in stud.io), but once you have it is is quite easy as camera angles can be also set up in it so there is only little work to do in LPub after that

Okay, but that's pretty difficult because I break it down while I'm making the instructions. So if I make instructions, they will be the wrong way around. :laugh:

@Paul Klop on image where you compared your masterpiece with real thing it looks to me than your model is a bit to wide, or it is photography angle?

Just now, I_Igor said:

@Paul Klop on image where you compared your masterpiece with real thing it looks to me than your model is a bit to wide, or it is photography angle?

You are true, this is what I said in an earlier post:

On 9-8-2017 at 6:26 PM, Paul Klop said:

Yes, you are true. I made the sprayer wider than the 'original'. It's 2 studs more than it should be. Otherwise it should be (almost) impossible to put the wheel hubs into the chassis. And as I mentioned earlier, the 'arms are also shorter than they should... :blush:

2 studs more is not so much, but because my ground clearance (compared to the real one) is too low it distorts the image :sceptic:

Thanks for calling it a 'masterpiece' @I_Igor :grin: 

Just now, Paul Klop said:

You are true, this is what I said in an earlier post:

2 studs more is not so much, but because my ground clearance (compared to the real one) is too low it distorts the image :sceptic:

Thanks for calling it a 'masterpiece' @I_Igor :grin: 

Sorry I misread that post, using Unimog Portal axles caused model to be to wide and to low...otherwise model is nice...my is waiting for parts...

As I said, I went in September tot Agrifac located in Steenwijk (The Netherlands) :sweet:. The video was delayed because I was busy with school :sceptic: and because Agrifac wanted to see it first. This morning I uploaded it on YouTube and here it is... Enjoy! 

(if you don't want to see the 'factory stuff' skip to 1:24)

Also, me and my father wanted some photo's from above. And with some photo-editing this is it... 

y0TLOT5ia53kzvF5t1EffH4uP5Gp4z657vUNYDVB